Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WT_?! VR16 crafted armor needs 10x mats but gives lower stats?

Wolfenbelle
Wolfenbelle
✭✭✭✭✭
Yesterday I wanted to replace a couple of pieces of medium armor...vr15 Hundings with vr16 Hundings. First time I've crafted a piece in awhile, so wasn't aware of this problem.

I crafted arm cops then improved it to Epic quality (purple). As you can see from the image below, except for a piddling 21 points increase in armor value, the purple vr15 version gives higher stats than the purple vr16 version. What the ___?!!! ZOS makes us get 10x the mats to craft vr16 armor that gives lower stats than vr15? The same medium armor piece improved to the same quality, but vr16 results in:

--> 16 (total) fewer weapon crit points for 2 and 4 items
--> 12 fewer max stamina points for 3 items
--> 4 fewer increased weapon damage points for 5 items

So if I improve the piece to Legendary (yellow) quality, will that make the piece equal to or only marginally better than the vr15 purple piece?

What kind of logic is this? Makes absolutely no sense.

vr15%20vs%20vr16%20crafted%20armor_zpspynutd1g.png
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have already something vr16 gold of that set equipped? because if so ( and we can clearly see that the vr 15 IS equipped) the vr 15 set takes some of the % stats from the total of the pcs:
    If you have 4 pcs vr 16 gold and 1 vr 14 green, the vr 14 get a boost from the others but if you have 4 green vr 14 and 1 gold vr 16, the vr 16 get downscaled by the others; this can be the case.
    Usually a gold hunding goes up to 299 WD.
    Edited by Tonnopesce on January 2, 2016 7:43PM
    Signature

• Wolfenbelle
    Wolfenbelle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Tonnopesceb16_ESO, I didn't realize that's how it works. I do have some Legendary pieces equipped, so will equip the new vr16 piece and see what happens to the stats.

Oh, and Happy New Year! :)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to un-equip everything else to effectively compare the stats on the two pieces.

Your stats are derived as an average of everything equipped and thus won't compare correctly if you have other pieces equipped.
    shades.gif
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, remember, an item NOT equipped will show standard numbers (for its color etc) it's only when you equip the armor that it will show you the actual stats your character will gain.

I just noticed in your pics, one is equipped and one is not. The unequipped one will not show "true"stat values
    Edited by Waffennacht on January 2, 2016 7:54PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    it is probably a bug
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So ZOS gonna lower VR16 cost yet? Cause crafted gear is only OP as you guys love to say when it is at gold level.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on January 2, 2016 8:11PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a bug or a mistake...comparing gear can be confusing. Some of your passives can affect one piece of gear, but not another. Remove all your gear (sexy) then look at one vs the other when equipped. You prob have champion points or something that are amping your crit rating and other numbers on that equipped piece.

V16 gear will be higher stat to its exact v15 counterpart. However, purple to purple is piddly. They move way further apart when you go gold. However, ZOS kinda wanted to give us a grind w v16 gear without offering much...because they were already hitting leveling differential issues (thus the battle leveling in PVP for lower level toons). Thus, a v16 gear set isn't that much of an upgrade. You get a little amp to all those numbers, with the biggest amp being the gold improvement. However, the v16 enchants are the real reason to invest. If I remember, my v16 kuta enchants are way better than v15 kuta enchants.

And no one I know feels that you get a boost equivalent to the grind. Therefore, don't spend three days straight grinding these mats or you'll get really annoyed, lol. Craft a nice purple v15 set then replace it piece by piece with gold v16 stuff. I personally made a run through Nik's kennel in wrothgar my daily "warm up." This, along with doing some wrothgar pve, gave me enough Rubedo to make a new piece each weekend. Some people really complain about the grind. I get that, but for me it was kinda fun to save up and get stronger piece by piece. I celebrated piece 11 (armor, swords, bow, 2h) by dying it all gold and playing PVP that night as the worst camoflaged khajiit on the map.