Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Champion Point Help!

bloodbathed
bloodbathed
Soul Shriven
So i'm trying to allocate my champion points.... After putting 10 points in a single sign, the next rank/catagory opens up....It is not letting me put any points in the next rank. It just says requires rank 10. What am I doing wrong?

I've also placed 15 ranks and it still says requires rank 10. I don't understand what i'm doing wrong. I've searched the internet but cannot find a clear answer. (Perhaps i'm getting too old? lol)

Thanks in advance!
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When it says it needs X amount of champion points to unlock, that is a passive ability. You keep adding points into that constellation and it will unlock more passives.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • bloodbathed
    bloodbathed
    Soul Shriven
    Ok so let me get this straight.

If I place 10 ranks in Steed/Block expertise....Invigorating blast lights up.
    But this is where it still reads requires 10 ranks in Steed. Is this the passive you speak of?
    I had the impression that all these skills require you to place points to gain the ability.
  • bloodbathed
    bloodbathed
    Soul Shriven
    I think I understand you more now that I re-read your response. Thank you!
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The passive lights up and that is how you know you have it. It will still show a requirement under it, but do not fret, you do indeed have that passive as long as you have invested the points in the four star categories under it. You do not need to do anything to unlock that passive; no need to put a point into the passive or anything...merely just investing the points in that sign will unlock the passive.
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar
    CP160 Blazing Shield Templar

EP Loyalist
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is the passive. The Champion System is designed to increase the effectiveness of characters through incremental buffs. As a reward for hitting certain point thresholds it awards you with a passive buff such as Invigorating Bash. No need to put a point into that because it is unlocked and can't be improved on.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • bloodbathed
    bloodbathed
    Soul Shriven
    Wow thanks so much!
    You guys were very helpful.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each constellation has 4 stars that you can put points in and four stars that are passives and unlock at rank 10, 30, 75 and 120.

Once you have the required rank for a passive the star will light up and you get that passive without having to do anything else.
    The Moot Councillor