Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [EXTENDED] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lightless oubliette quest....still

clay3am513
So they fixed the beams....problem is when I get like 6 or so crystals connected, the beam suddenly dies, and the 3rd crystal way back in the chain is glowing....what's up? This is my 4th character doing this, and I had zero problems the other 3 times....stuck, and frustrated..like I'm taking it out on inanimate objects now.
  • KozawahGaming
    KozawahGaming
    ✭✭✭
    clay3am513 wrote: »
    So they fixed the beams....problem is when I get like 6 or so crystals connected, the beam suddenly dies, and the 3rd crystal way back in the chain is glowing....what's up? This is my 4th character doing this, and I had zero problems the other 3 times....stuck, and frustrated..like I'm taking it out on inanimate objects now.

You're getting farther than I. I light up the thing and immediately it dies. So I'm doing PvP until they fix it and making a DK.
    Vet 5 NB- Gaelwen Forestmire (Vamp(cured)/Stam)
    Vet 1 Templar- Kozawah Incarnic (None/Magicka/Healer)
    Level 4 DK- Trecldur (Magicka)
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    some crystals have to be "touched/turned" more than once. If you start with the one that is marked so you know it's the first one, keep touching the crystals till it goes to the next one, etc. On one side, the beam will even double back among 3 crystals before it hits the last one. But always look to make sure the beam goes "further" down the line, as long as it does, you're going in the correct direction.

Note: Some crystals have to be touched 3-4-5 times.

Good luck.

• AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    I was having this problem as well until I noticed the crystals are still rotating when the prompt comes up for you to rotate it again. Once I'd noticed this I just left each crystal for about 5 seconds to see if it was sending the beam in the right direction before turning it again.
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • pelennor_fields
    pelennor_fields
    ✭✭✭
    You seriously have to wait for a looooong time now for the crystals to turn. This is my 3rd toon and I don't remember it being this way before.
  • JustSnilloc
    JustSnilloc
    ✭✭✭
    I recently did it, and had to keep going back to the initial crystal to get the beam to show up again. Once I did that, I could tinker with whichever beam didn't light up last time, and eventually (EVENTUALLY) I got it done. It took a long time, but it was a reliable method.
    [J.S.] The Lost King --->
    http://justsnilloc.proboards.com/
    http://justsnilloc.deviantart.com/
    ~ 0==={{:::::::::::::::x:::::::::::::::}}===0 ~
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I spent a decent amount of time with it, but ultimately figured it out. It did seem like something was wrong at first but I don't recall if there was actually a glitch. I remember at some point it just worked and I was able to proceed even though at the time I didn't think it was lined up correctly. It could just be that the "correct" pattern is confusing.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Areso1
    Areso1
    Ok I can't best the part of Amy of Meridia it won't let me save King Dynar when I enter the Light less Oubliette there isn't a quest and none of the crystals appear all Dynar says is "we have a prison to break out of are you ready",all I can say is goodbye?