The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Thieves Guild Skill line

Thevampirenight
Thevampirenight
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So we know the thieves guild is going to be added soon!
Now for the skill line they add for it they need to do this
Abilties
Crow Ambush- turn into crows to appear behind a target or a few feet in front of you.
Luck of Thieves- Toggle that gives you greater chances of finding more gold and pick pocket with greater chance of success
and other abilties for Ultmate they should add this
Mask Of Nocturnal- for 30 seconds appear as the grey fox, when in this state you normal bounty won't be applied to you but guards will attack you on site because of the infamy Or something whatever they are doing these are ideas and wants!
So what do you think they should add for the skill line?
PC NA
Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cool ideas for PC play since we can use addons to swap stored skill bars. Probably not as smooth for for those on consoles as they would be messing with their bars a lot.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on December 31, 2015 8:05AM
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thatd be an interesting idea for an ultimate, the gray cowl is my favorite daedric artifact.

Although it doesn't exist yet in the time of ESO sadly, and even if it did, it'd still be cursed, but something to the same or similar effect would be fun.
  • Fellenore_Ewalion
    Fellenore_Ewalion
    ✭✭✭
    Legerdemain should be included into the Thieves Guild skill line. (As if anyone boosted that one beyond the sneaking.)

I'd love some kind of stealth and deceiving mechanism, eg. an ability that allows you to appear as a member of the alliance (and become untargetable) of the last one who hit you for x seconds. This could work in pve with the guards, eg. if they chase you and hit you, you become disguised as a guard for some seconds, allowing you to escape.

My Great House Telvanni did not join the Pact.
    But it does not mean I don't want to be Emperor.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question is... will only the people who purchase the DLC have access to the skill line and will the skill line be valuable outside of the thieves guild narrative content?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    The question is... will only the people who purchase the DLC have access to the skill line and will the skill line be valuable outside of the thieves guild narrative content?

Most likely for the first thing, which will undeniably cause an uproar until people accept it. Value is subjective though, but my guess is it will be more niche convenience and utility geared toward stealth, to avoid combat, rather than use during combat.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They will most likly make the aquiring of the skill line the same way they do with the mages guild and it will be done in the starting zones the recruitment Thus those without the dlc will have the skillline.
    PC NA
  • Fellenore_Ewalion
    Fellenore_Ewalion
    ✭✭✭

In fact, there are some quests which are related to thievery. A guy in Davon's Watch tricks the Vestige into steal from the inn. Quests like that should be incorporated into the TG. And ofc no skill line should be related to DLC content.
    My Great House Telvanni did not join the Pact.
    But it does not mean I don't want to be Emperor.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't put a skill line behind purchasable DLC.

I doubt there will be a skill line anyway. They may update the justice system and tweak the ledgermain skill line, but it will just be part of a base game patch
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice ideas but i would rather have combat skill line for more diversity and less 1 button spam.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    You can't put a skill line behind purchasable DLC.

I doubt there will be a skill line anyway. They may update the justice system and tweak the ledgermain skill line, but it will just be part of a base game patch

I disagree MMOs have put classes and races behind expansion for years.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, has it been confirmed we're getting a new skill line with Thieves Guild?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Wait, has it been confirmed we're getting a new skill line with Thieves Guild?

No, its just expected since the other factions have skill lines, but not officially confirmed.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logically only those who join the thieves guild would gain access to any new TG skills that might be introduces (which I hope would happen - if mages and fighters get their guild skill line, so should thieves and assassins).

Plausibly purchasing the DLC would be requitred to start that particular questline.

Ergo...

...it would make sense for them to keep legerdemain seperate and available for all, and have a special set of abilities for the thieves guild. Possibly somewhat in the way that the fighters guild abilities are not exactly "fighter" abilities, but more like "daedra-hunter" abilities reflecting the current task they are contracted for by Meridias... thus a set on less thievy, but more nocturnal-powered abilities might fit quite well.

Though it might just as well be possible for anyone to join the thieves guild, yet lock the guild storyline alone behind DLC gates. Thus giving all access to the skill line, and only keeping the rest of it for those who spring for the DLS. Would certainly cause less wailing among the ones unwilling to put their money where their mouth is... time will tell which way they went with that one, I suppose.

Not like I'll care, I'll pay for the DLC in either case.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well Seeing the hagraven in wrothgar turn into ravens and reappear made me want them to add that abitly to use players, so hopefully they will do that.
    PC NA
  • Gaiden'Densetsu
    Gaiden'Densetsu
    ✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    Nice ideas but i would rather have combat skill line for more diversity and less 1 button spam.

No matter how many new skill lines they add this game is still going to be a 1 button masher with a second attack thrown in here and there and then rebuffs. That won't change until they give us a few more damn skill slots, til then use a light weave for the illusion of an extra skill lol.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's an interesting point actually; tying a skill line into a DLC purchase may not be a good idea. But they should definitely keep Legerdemain separate; if Thieves Guild gets its own skill line, it should be new skills, not moving existing skills around.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They might add the skill line, but because it's behind a paywall, people will go "PAY2WIN I KNEW ITZ FROM DAY ON3" and [snip] all over the forums. If they add the skill line, at least membership of the guild should be available for all, and only the actual story line, with the achievements, skyshards and new places be the 'dlc'

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Brett on January 3, 2016 7:30AM
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • Murkblade
    Murkblade
    ✭✭
    Abilties
    Crow Ambush- turn into crows to appear behind a target or a few feet in front of you.
    Luck of Thieves- Toggle that gives you greater chances of finding more gold and pick pocket with greater chance of success
    Mask Of Nocturnal- for 30 seconds appear as the grey fox, when in this state you normal bounty won't be applied to you but guards will attack you on site because of the infamy Or something whatever they are doing these are ideas and wants!
    I'm a thief... not a shape shifter... or a wizard. Disagree regarding supernatural powers like those. But respect for the creativity of ideas!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murkblade wrote: »
    Abilties
    I'm a thief... not a shape shifter... or a wizard. Disagree regarding supernatural powers like those. But respect for the creativity of ideas!
    The patron of the Thieves Guild is Nocturnal - she's a Daedric Prince. All bets are off when it comes to the amount of supernatural powers she could bestow upon you.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    skill line thieves guild needs to include a massive speed boost for escapes and also massive sneak speeds.
    it was in morrowind
    " Fortify Speed 200 pts on Self "
    http://uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Boots_of_Blinding_Speed#Boots_of_Blinding_Speed

Sneak Speed!

The Sneak skill governs your ability to escape detection by others through reducing your visibility and noisiness. It is primarily useful for committing crimes without being witnessed, for evading confrontation with enemies, and for executing surprise attacks that inflict critical damage. "Sneak" and "Stealth" are sometimes used synonymously, which may cause confusion. As defined here, Stealth is a grouping of (more-or-less loosely) conceptually related skills, of which sneak is one. Perks in the Sneak tree increase your chances of escaping detection, increase the damage you inflict with sneak attacks, and allow you to avoid setting off traps using pressure plate triggers. They can also give you the ability to perform a forward roll while sneaking and even briefly disappear from sight in the middle of combat. The Sneak tree has a total of 9 perks, requiring a total of 13 perk points to fill.

In-game Description: Sneaking is the art of moving unseen and unheard. Highly skilled sneaks can even hide in plain sight.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Sneak

Muffle

Muffle is an effect that reduces both the noise your armor makes when you move and the noise generated by your own footsteps when you move. The "moves silently" description that appears on Muffle items is not entirely accurate; Muffle provides a multiplier equal to (1 - Total_Muffle_Magnitude) to your total worn armor weight when calculating the noise made by armor, meaning at a magnitude of 1.0+ your armor makes no noise whatsoever. All muffle effects stack additively.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Muffle_(effect)
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Murkblade wrote: »
    Abilties
    The patron of the Thieves Guild is Nocturnal - she's a Daedric Prince. All bets are off when it comes to the amount of supernatural powers she could bestow upon you.

Well Hagravens are like a curse created by nocturnal, thats why they should add the ravens abilty to the theives guild skill line and other abilities
    PC NA
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    skill line thieves guild needs to include a massive speed boost for escapes and also massive sneak speeds.
    it was in morrowind
    " Fortify Speed 200 pts on Self "
    http://uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Boots_of_Blinding_Speed#Boots_of_Blinding_Speed

Sneak Speed!

The Sneak skill governs your ability to escape detection by others through reducing your visibility and noisiness. It is primarily useful for committing crimes without being witnessed, for evading confrontation with enemies, and for executing surprise attacks that inflict critical damage. "Sneak" and "Stealth" are sometimes used synonymously, which may cause confusion. As defined here, Stealth is a grouping of (more-or-less loosely) conceptually related skills, of which sneak is one. Perks in the Sneak tree increase your chances of escaping detection, increase the damage you inflict with sneak attacks, and allow you to avoid setting off traps using pressure plate triggers. They can also give you the ability to perform a forward roll while sneaking and even briefly disappear from sight in the middle of combat. The Sneak tree has a total of 9 perks, requiring a total of 13 perk points to fill.

In-game Description: Sneaking is the art of moving unseen and unheard. Highly skilled sneaks can even hide in plain sight.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Sneak

Muffle

Muffle is an effect that reduces both the noise your armor makes when you move and the noise generated by your own footsteps when you move. The "moves silently" description that appears on Muffle items is not entirely accurate; Muffle provides a multiplier equal to (1 - Total_Muffle_Magnitude) to your total worn armor weight when calculating the noise made by armor, meaning at a magnitude of 1.0+ your armor makes no noise whatsoever. All muffle effects stack additively.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Muffle_(effect)

"increase the damage you inflict with sneak attacks"

i think 80% of the NB population... ESO population would have an *** over that.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now they don't need to add sneaking benifits, now speical powers like I said, would do maybe even adding abilty to pickpocket foes, as well and perks for that, it would be very intresting.
    PC NA