Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Does Vampire Leveling Works?

reptipresb16_ESO
I'm a bit confused on this matter.

I have read it takes about 6 days to become a level 6 vampire. I have also heard that doing attacks and vampire actions that fall under the skill line will level you.

However, I haven't really found a definitive answer to this. I have at least one Vampire ability that I will use every fight, and it appears as though I am leveling with the attacks. On the other hand, I may not play as much one day, and yet I'm leveling a - perceived - similar amount.

So can anyone tell me what is going on?
  • oldkye
    oldkye
    ✭✭
    Werewolf is the only one with special conditions to leveling it, with vampire you get a little more xp with a ability on your bar but mostly you just level every time you get xp you get vampire xp.

It seems that the amount needed is based on the assumption your level 40 or so when you get vampire cause that's the quest level so for a level 50 it levels fairly fast but for a say level 10 you may find you level up several times before vampire ranks up lol.
    Edited by oldkye on April 29, 2014 6:42AM
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    It levels up the same as just about everything else. Put abilities on your bar, get xp, profit.
  • reptipresb16_ESO
    Alright. I suppose I will just have to keep leveling.
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've reached lvl 10 in 5 days just by sloting vamp abilites on my 2nd bar. and didn't even used them a lot.
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You gain vampire xp simply by gaining regular xp, below lvl 38 it will level extremely slow.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP,

Just level up like normal / grind xp. Make sure to have vamp abilities slotted on whatever bar you are using / have selected when turning in a quest to hasten your xp gain.

I've seen people reach Vampire 10 in 3 days, for me it took about 5 days to reach vamp 10 due to be very busy IRL. Just play the game like normal is all you have to do. :)
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • reptipresb16_ESO
    Thanks for all of your help! I'll be sure to take your advice.
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    I was only level 28 when I got bit and leveling vampire is extremely slow at that level. I am 32 now and still only Vamp 2:)
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willard wrote: »
    I was only level 28 when I got bit and leveling vampire is extremely slow at that level. I am 32 now and still only Vamp 2:)
    Vampire levels are based on L38, so the exp to level one level of vamp is the same as leveling one level normal level at L38 (if you only have one vamp skill on your bar)

Each extra vamp skill you have on your bar will double the speed you level
    Edited by Natjur on August 28, 2014 8:54PM
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as you have the vampire ability on your active bar, it goes up pretty quick. I got it at lv 28 and I'm only lv 33 and have almost hit vampire lv 5.
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • Araflin
    Araflin
    ✭✭✭
    Once "Justice" arrives and you are evidently a Vampire in town, I hope that you will be horizontally levelled by a Silver Bolt. However, if you abide by town rules and register yourself, we will just keep a close eye and put aside a cow each month for you to feed on (should you pay the vampire tax, of course).
    " Brave Clarice. You will let me know when those Nirnroot stop screaming, won't you?"
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AreoHotah wrote: »
    I've reached lvl 10 in 5 days just by sloting vamp abilites on my 2nd bar. and didn't even used them a lot.

Game doesn't check how often an ability is used, just if they are in the action bar.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • VespidOlive
    VespidOlive
    Soul Shriven
    So, basically, get turned into a vampire under level 38 = very slow vampire level progress.
  • ChaosUndivided
    ChaosUndivided
    Soul Shriven
    as a lvl 10 vamp I can confirm levelling skills take a helluva long time, tho from reading the character screen, as each stage of vampirism progresses, it levels up faster, so feed less often, kill more, and don't do the quest at such a low level.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    NecromancerCover_Springborg.jpg
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    As your character is a vampire you do as a normal character does with at least one of your vampire abilities in your bar. Explore, do quests, level as you would do normally. My character got bitten at level 8 and now she is level 10 but her vampirism is still at level one. Low level vamp business is a very long process.

Edited by Elektrakosh on July 24, 2015 10:52AM
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
    EU/UK. Xbox One.
    Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• Kissmeplz
    Kissmeplz
    Question:

The Vampire stages duration to each stage is not really all that long, I mean half an hour in stage 1 before you go stage 2, half an hour is a blink of the eye really in game time...

In the future will there be a way to extend this time, you know like if your in stage 1 the time you stay stage 1 is extended maybe half an hour for every person you feed on, while once you fall or rise to stage 2 or above the timer is unchanged ie you don't feed you rise in stages till you do feed. There is some advantage to being a stage 4 in comparison to stage 1 but if a player wanted a few hours in stage one eating big would be a nice option.

On top of all that, why can't feeding be like pick pockets, if a NPC can be pick pocketed they should be able to be fed upon, the difference is you automatically get a bounty, and if the NPC decides to be annoyed and attack well that bounty may be bigger if there are witnesses to you killing them. Seems reasonable especially as in some areas it can be hard to find a decent snack to keep your stage at the level you desire.
  • WarLord2905
    WarLord2905
    ✭✭✭
    I got vampirism at level 27 and I am now level 41 and my vamp level is at 9. I have had the vamp skills on my bar the entire time but the ultimate and mist has still not allowed me to morph them. Did anyone else have this problem when leveling up thier vampire skills?
    NA Server XBOX 1
    BAWS Order Of Wolves
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Question: Are these skills on a bar that you actually use? If the skills are on a bar that you never use or rarely use then they won't level up. Only skills on a bar that is active when you are earning XP (i.e. killing mobs, turning in quests, exploring new areas) level up.

If it is on a bar that you use -- Have the skills leveled up at all (i.e. gone from Rank 1 to Rank 2, 3, or 4), but just not enough to be morphed? Or are they stuck at the lowest level? If it is the later, then you may need to submit a bug report.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gain vampire xp simply by gaining regular xp, below lvl 38 it will level extremely slow.

Well that explains why my Vampire skills bar has barely moved since I got turned at lvl 10.
  • Tal_72
    Tal_72
    ✭✭
    I tested this---killed a mob with a vampire kill slotted and without. It made no difference.

Also, if you hover over the XP bar on class skills and weapons, there is a sentence that says - "Equip additional [skill name] abilities to increase this skill's advancement". That line is not there for Vampire skill line XP.