The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why cant i have different Alliance characters on the same campaigns

Crazyxsaltyx
I just made a DC and AD character today and got them to level 10 and i cant join the only non-vet campaign cause of my other character on there its EP and why is there only one non-vet campaign?
  • Cormore
    Cormore
    ✭✭✭
    because people think its spying and all that. also for someone to be emp on lets say DC and AD on the same camp. thats why people dont like it. but i mean i dont see a big problem with it. just make it not homed for one but guessed.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cormore wrote: »
    because people think its spying and all that. also for someone to be emp on lets say DC and AD on the same camp. thats why people dont like it. but i mean i dont see a big problem with it. just make it not homed for one but guessed.

You can't have one character home and one character as a guest on the same campaign if they're in different alliances, I tried it with my two non-vets. I ended up not playing one in pvp until he eventually reached vet ranks which was annoying, but I guess I see the point of it. Stops people switching sides to whoever is winning and stuff like that.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are implications for spying if players can log in and out of the same campaign freely with different alliances.

However, since there's only one non-Veteran campaign (and has been for a long time now) this must lock a LOT of alts out of that campaign, since many players have alts across different alliances.

A much better way to handle this would be to allow guest access to all alliances but have a 24 hour lockout timer. So, if you've been inside a campaign on one alliance, you have to wait 24 hours before you can log into the same campaign on a different alliance.

Or perhaps even weekly, at the end of a campaign create a 24 hour window for switching. Anything would be better than the current perma lockout.

• Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you really need to ask?

Hows about the following for a list of "we dont want"

1. Spying
    2. 5th column
    3. Trading AP
    Better late Than Pregnant....
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Decimation Elite - Raid Jester
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th column???
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea I think it is pretty necessary..

I've seen too many *** running with a scroll and delivering it to the enemy
    N64 NA EP
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restriction will be getting removed soon enough, so don't worry too much. It was put in place to help prevent spying and dirty tactics, but with the ability for cross-faction communication anyway, even ZOS found it a little redundant.
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th column???

A fifth column is any group of people who undermine a larger group—such as a nation or a besieged city—from within, usually in favor of an enemy group or nation. The activities of a fifth column can be overt or clandestine.
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tors wrote: »
    5th column???

A fifth column is any group of people who undermine a larger group—such as a nation or a besieged city—from within, usually in favor of an enemy group or nation. The activities of a fifth column can be overt or clandestine.

And are beyond *** (derpy) in this dying game.
    Edited by Huckdabuck on December 16, 2015 1:04AM
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • ScarecrowBoat
    ScarecrowBoat
    ✭✭✭

ive never seen this
    FANTASIAAAAAAAAAA
    GM of SBH
    Member of Zerona's Fan Boy Club
    How do i get out of cyrodiil
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Na, this is user perception.

People pick up the scroll and dont know what to do with it and where to take it.

Even with a group of people who have done it a milion times over, they STILL get confused from all the arm chair generals on /z giving rubbish advise.

Also a lot of guilds will take the scroll and use it as bait while farming the enemy (take the scroll somewhere where there is a handy chokepoint and farm the guys looking to recap it)

EU PC - Azura's Star
  • charisma316
    charisma316
    ✭✭✭
    first of all you dont need too you should be locked one alliance per account PERIOD all you people making spy charachters and stadaning around ur buddies in diff alliances need to get a hobby and stop being so cheesy
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    first of all you dont need too you should be locked one alliance per account PERIOD all you people making spy charachters and stadaning around ur buddies in diff alliances need to get a hobby and stop being so cheesy

For someone named charisma you sure don't have a lot of it. All I've seen from you is hateful comments, fully based on assumptions and accusations. Go take a holiday or something.

Edited by Alucardo on December 16, 2015 12:46PM
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spy -principal argument- is à joke.
    Ppl can use TS and social network or other. And you Just have to type "lfg" to Know what the main group Will do.
    For all theses reasons, the restriction Will be getting removed.

Btw they re talking about changing name, race, faction... in the future
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have seen this multiple times. I've also seen them take a keep as a one faction and then leave it open for their buddies on another faction to either take a scroll or claim the keep. It happens several times in each campaign.
  • hakunamatadab16_ESO2
    To be honest, cross faction cooperation and campaign jumping has pretty much destroyed PvP <cough team green>. I would even take it further and make it unappealing for a player to play different campaigns by eliminating any AP in a campaign that is not your home campaign. That would certainly prevent the monstrous multi-faction zergging we've seen this month in Trueflame. This has been the worst campaign since I started playing the game. Had AD and DC used some sort of stategy that served their respective allainaces, it would have been a lot of fun but instead, they cooperated (can't tell you how many times blue and yellow were either seiging or defending the same keep). It was pretty sad. This could be such a great game but PvP is so badly broken, it's just not fun at all.
    Pooklon
    VR16 Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Healer - Sly's Wolf Pact

http://brotherhoodswp.enjin.com/
  • ScarecrowBoat
    ScarecrowBoat
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, cross faction cooperation and campaign jumping has pretty much destroyed PvP <cough team green>. I would even take it further and make it unappealing for a player to play different campaigns by eliminating any AP in a campaign that is not your home campaign. That would certainly prevent the monstrous multi-faction zergging we've seen this month in Trueflame. This has been the worst campaign since I started playing the game. Had AD and DC used some sort of stategy that served their respective allainaces, it would have been a lot of fun but instead, they cooperated (can't tell you how many times blue and yellow were either seiging or defending the same keep). It was pretty sad. This could be such a great game but PvP is so badly broken, it's just not fun at all.

No, its not fun because you have to heal for SWP
    FANTASIAAAAAAAAAA
    GM of SBH
    Member of Zerona's Fan Boy Club
    How do i get out of cyrodiil
  • hakunamatadab16_ESO2

No, its not fun because you have to heal for SWP

Very clever but you know what I'm saying is true.
    Pooklon
    VR16 Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Healer - Sly's Wolf Pact

http://brotherhoodswp.enjin.com/