Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sotha Sil's Pact with the Daedra

Andarne
Andarne
✭✭✭
As we're well aware, Sotha Sil will be making an appearance in the upcoming Clockwork City. For the more observing among us, we'll be aware that Sotha Sil made a pact with the Eight Daedra Princes (Azura, Boethiah, Herma-Mora, Hircine, Malacath, Mehrunes Dagon, Molag Bal and Sheogorath) on behalf of Almalexia, during the Fore-Score War that we're currently experiencing.

The exact details of the pact were known only to the Tribunal, but it's assumed in the books that appear in Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and even ESO, that the Princes agree'd to the treaty - which prevented the princes from manifesting directly, using only "intermediaries such as witches or sorcerers" to attack.

I wonder if after Clockwork City, we'll be seeing a new enemy - as the ESO devs are quite capable of following the already-set lore of TES, and have shown that they're not completely ignorant of the details. Of course, only eight agree'd to follow this pact. That leaves us with Clavicus Vile, Mephala, Meridia, Namira, Nocturnal, Sanguine and Vaermina as possible threats.

What do you guys think? Is a new Prince going to become the main antagonist of the Elder Scrolls Online?
Andarne [PC-EU]
Falvis Beran - Ebonheart Pact Loyalist - Redoran Battlemage
ALMSIVI, grant Mercy. ALMSIVI, grant Mystery. ALMSIVI, grant Mastery. Blessed are we that serve ALMSIVI.

Twitter | Darny3D | Beta Tester 2014 & 2017
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium Main Quest Spoilers:
    I suspect that this split between the 8 who Sotha Sil made a pact with and the others will play a big part in the whole "daedric princes are taking sides and a war is coming" speech that the Prophet gives you in the Orsinium story line. Who knows whether the pact is an early part of this, or an outcome of the conflict, but I suspect it will be tied in.
    Edited by UrQuan on January 1, 2016 12:51AM
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Andarne wrote: »
    As we're well aware, Sotha Sil will be making an appearance in the upcoming Clockwork City. For the more observing among us, we'll be aware that Sotha Sil made a pact with the Eight Daedra Princes (Azura, Boethiah, Herma-Mora, Hircine, Malacath, Mehrunes Dagon, Molag Bal and Sheogorath) on behalf of Almalexia, during the Fore-Score War that we're currently experiencing.

The exact details of the pact were known only to the Tribunal, but it's assumed in the books that appear in Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and even ESO, that the Princes agree'd to the treaty - which prevented the princes from manifesting directly, using only "intermediaries such as witches or sorcerers" to attack.

I wonder if after Clockwork City, we'll be seeing a new enemy - as the ESO devs are quite capable of following the already-set lore of TES, and have shown that they're not completely ignorant of the details. Of course, only eight agree'd to follow this pact. That leaves us with Clavicus Vile, Mephala, Meridia, Namira, Nocturnal, Sanguine and Vaermina as possible threats.

What do you guys think? Is a new Prince going to become the main antagonist of the Elder Scrolls Online?

you can bet Azura (undead) she dont like that so much, will have issues with the others. Boethiah along side Mephala atagonize Molag bal and Dagon, I have a feeling we gonna be champions for a prince or two doing their bidding.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Andarne wrote: »

you can bet Azura (undead) she dont like that so much, will have issues with the others. Boethiah along side Mephala atagonize Molag bal and Dagon, I have a feeling we gonna be champions for a prince or two doing their bidding.

If so we might have to choose a prince to follow, possibly even Molag Bals on the list.
    Basically you got to choose a side in a war, of some sort, that would be interesting.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on December 31, 2015 11:56PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a minor point, but isn't the Four-Score War over already? The current conflict is the Three Banners War.

Which is not to say that pact between Sotha Sil and the Daedric Princes can't have any bearing on the upcoming DLC, because we know something is definitely up.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Orsinum Main Quest Spoilers
    I suspect that this split between the 8 who Sotha Sil made a pact with and the others will play a big part in the whole "daedric princes are taking sides and a war is coming" speech that the Prophet gives you in the Orsinium story line. Who knows whether the pact is an early part of this, or an outcome of the conflict, but I suspect it will be tied in.
    @UrQuan You may want to spoilerise that ;)
    This is a minor point, but isn't the Four-Score War over already? The current conflict is the Three Banners War.
    Yeah the Four-Score War ran from 1E 2840 - 1E 2920. The relevant meeting between Sotha Sil and the Daedric Princes did occur during that period though.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Orsinum Main Quest Spoilers
    @UrQuan You may want to spoilerise that ;)
    Good call @Enodoc Sorry about that to anyone who hasn't completed the quest and saw the spoilers before I edited the post. My bad :/
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to go on a picnic in the Scuttling Void with Wheedle.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I thought the pact only meant they could be summoned by witches and Psijiics, not that they only had to use witches and Psijiics? I read the Last Year of the 1st Era books pretty recently, is there any other information aside from those books on the pact Sotha Sil made with them?

Besides, I think Mehrunes Dagon must have broken that pact already if it was that they could only use witches, etc, since he came directly manifested and destroyed Mournhold later on in those books - after being summoned by witches to bypass the pact.

I think it's funny that that all came about because the King of Senchal hated a bard's music and because of that, summoned Molag Bal to destroy his hometown Gil-Var-Delle. :P

• runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would give serious consideration to summoning Molag Bal if it would destroy all the bards that play Red Diamond.

Tam-Maps-West_Tamriel.jpg
    Edited by runagate on January 1, 2016 5:10AM