Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My display driver stops responding every now and then

step1step2
Every now and then my screen freezes. When I'm fast enough to hit Ctrl + Alt + Del, my screen will unfreeze and display the following error message:
Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 361.43 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
4B5ohHO.png
I think during that time the game is still running properly because the background music is still running fine. However when my screen unfreezes, the Game windows has become black. Therefor I need to restart the game. This happens to me almost every 30 minutes. I can't play like that.

However If I don't make it in time, my screen will stay frozen.
Sensitive data
Srs no data abuse please
Alright. I'll trust you this time around...
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/76958b5890f8ef64e4cf

Regarding to this video I changed my 3D settings.
Screen recording: http://i.imgur.com/naeRg5t.gifv

... But it didn't help at all. I need your help. Please help me.
Any help is very much appreciated.

I also understand German.
Edited by step1step2 on December 29, 2015 7:34PM
  • step1step2
    I removed IP's from the Gist file.
    Edited by step1step2 on December 29, 2015 7:35PM
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the of the NVIDIA graphic card updates have been unstable with ESO since September, I actually am still running on the 9/17/2015 build from NVIDIA as thats the latest version that doesn't cause ESO to black screen (audio still happens and you can still "play" but screen remains black until force quitting ESO)
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • step1step2
    Alright. I used the Device Manager to roll back my display driver. Let's see if it works out. Thank you very much.
  • BardMedicine
    BardMedicine
    Soul Shriven
    Having this problem too.
  • Cadelay
    Cadelay
    ✭✭✭
    This happens to me too. I have an EVGA GTX 970 and it will randomly crash and recover with ESO, but I will have to reload the game because the game screen is now completely black. The worst is when it would happen in trials or no-death runs.

Thankfully it doesn't happen too often, but ESO is the only thing that crashes my display drivers like this.

It happened with older drivers and it happens with the newest ones I have now.
  • Dragorxz
    Dragorxz
    Soul Shriven
    This has been happening to me also for about a week or so since the last update. I have a GeForce GTX 660 and driver version 361.43.
    Edited by Dragorxz on December 31, 2015 9:42PM
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was happening to me as well. Rolling back drivers didn't help. Changing every conceivable video setting (both in-game and nvidia control panel) didn't help.

Only thing that fixed it was completely uninstalling (reboot) and reinstalling (reboot again) video card drivers. Now it works fine, even with old drivers or the latest drivers.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.