Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Few questions from a new player

SkullProX
SkullProX
✭✭
Hello!

Just got the game a few days ago, started playing today, and so far I really like that game. I got the tamriel unlimited edition, now my question is, how big are the 2 dlcs? Im planning on buying a 6months eso+ at summer (untill then i can decide if I like the game and its worth it for me or not) and I would buy the 2 dlcs with the crowns I get from the 6months eso+. Is it enough if I get it at summer? Will I miss out a big part of the game untill then, or its not like that?

Also are there any choices in the game which affect my character forever and unrevesibly? E.g: Skill points, passive skills or anything which I cant reset, or change?
(If lets say I can unlock every skill at some point then thats different, since it wont affect the character forever) ? Or every skill tree, points etc got some reverse scroll?

Regards.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SkullProX wrote: »
    Hello!

Just got the game a few days ago, started playing today, and so far I really like that game. I got the tamriel unlimited edition, now my question is, how big are the 2 dlcs? Im planning on buying a 6months eso+ at summer (untill then i can decide if I like the game and its worth it for me or not) and I would buy the 2 dlcs with the crowns I get from the 6months eso+. Is it enough if I get it at summer? Will I miss out a big part of the game untill then, or its not like that?

There is a lot of game to go through before you get to the DLCs. If you play the game normally (not rushing though) there are months of quests and other things to keep you occupied.

Also, if you subscribe to ESO+ you get access to the DLCs while you continue to subscribe. So you don't have to buy them outright until your sub runs out.
    Also are there any choices in the game which affect my character forever and unrevesibly? E.g: Skill points, passive skills or anything which I cant reset, or change?
    (If lets say I can unlock every skill at some point then thats different, since it wont affect the character forever) ? Or every skill tree, points etc got some reverse scroll?

You cannot change your race, class or alliance, and there is at least one quest where the ending you choose may or may not give you extra skill points, but everything else can be changed later by spending gold or crowns.

Welcome to Tamriel!
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) Wrothgar is larger than the Imperial City DLC, but you won't be missing too terribly much by waiting on them. While IC has some sets you'll likely want if you're fully leveled before then, they can be purchased with gold (for the most part). The same goes for the most useful Wrother sets. If you're a fan of questing, then you may want to get Wrothgar earlier as there's a lot of content there.

2) By summer there will likely already be two more DLCs released, so you'll be a little further behind than just two DLCs.

3) There are only a couple of irreversible decisions, and for the most part they're inconsequential. There's one quest that can net you two skill points or 0, but there are still more than enough skyshards and other quests to level everything you'd need (my first toon has medium and heavy armor maxed with sword and shield, bow, dual wield, two hander, all relevant class skills, the three guilds, race passives and all crafting but provisioning with a few skill points to spare). To respec, there are shrines in the main cities of each alliance, and you can respec morphs, all skills, or attribute points.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • SkullProX
    SkullProX
    ✭✭
    Thanks for both answers:)

I know that I can play the DLC'S while having eso+, plus I wasnt planning to have it for more than 6 months, so I have to buy them with the crowns eventually.

And for the skill points, are they number limited? Like is there a maximum I can have on a character, or If i collect shards, quests, level up etc then there is no limit on it?

Also what is Wrothgar? Arent Orsinium and Imperial city the only DLC'S? Oh, well I will see which ones to get or what to do untill summer then.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for both answers:)

I know that I can play the DLC'S while having eso+, plus I wasnt planning to have it for more than 6 months, so I have to buy them with the crowns eventually.

And for the skill points, are they number limited? Like is there a maximum I can have on a character, or If i collect shards, quests, level up etc then there is no limit on it?

Also what is Wrothgar? Arent Orsinium and Imperial city the only DLC'S? Oh, well I will see which ones to get or what to do untill summer then.

Wrothgar = Orsinium

More skill points then you'll likely ever need from shards across the maps... In a worse case respec for gold to optimize/change a build. Not much is irreversible, except yer starting race and faction... CHOOSE WISELY!

Or just make a buncha freaking alts like the rest of us ;)
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The skill point maximum is about 350 if you have both dlcs.

Wrothgar is the name of the zone where the city of Orsinium is located, so some people refer to the dlc as Wrothgar and not Orsinium.
  • SkullProX
    SkullProX
    ✭✭
    Hello!

I got another question. I read that the cost for skill point reset is 100gold/SP. Now isnt that a bit too expensive? I dont know how the currency is in eso, but so far i didnt have much gold so i guess thats kinda a lot. Lets say someone totally new to the game ruins his points, and he only wants to reset it at level 30, when already 30SP was spent.. thats 3k gold.. Also if you want to change playstyles in the endgame, it costs 30k gold to change your skills? Why is ESO limiting players like that?

EDIT: Could i get a good site where they share good builds or write eso guides?
    Edited by SkullProX on December 23, 2015 7:27PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Respec champion points - 3k
    Respec morphs - 3k
    Respec attributes - 3k
    Respec skills points - that 100 gold per SP sounds a smidge high; it's was about 18k for me to respec the other day and I have roughly 230 SPs

By the time you get that many skill points, the cost won't seem extreme although you won't want to do it often. The alt I'm leveling is level 40 and has something like 80k in gold already just doing quests.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Could i get a good site where they share good builds or write eso guides?

tamrielfoundry.com
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • SkullProX
    SkullProX
    ✭✭
    Thank you guys :)
  • SkullProX
    SkullProX
    ✭✭
    Hello again!

Today i saw some people talking in the zone chat, and they said that the server im playing on in NA. But when i checked in my client option, it said my megaserver is EU. So what server Im on then? They didnt seem like trolling...
  • Vaultamor
    Vaultamor
    Hello!

I got another question. I read that the cost for skill point reset is 100gold/SP. Now isnt that a bit too expensive? I dont know how the currency is in eso, but so far i didnt have much gold so i guess thats kinda a lot. Lets say someone totally new to the game ruins his points, and he only wants to reset it at level 30, when already 30SP was spent.. thats 3k gold.. Also if you want to change playstyles in the endgame, it costs 30k gold to change your skills? Why is ESO limiting players like that?

gold is very easy to come by so its really not expensive my last respec was 7200g but you really dont even notice it.
    CP580 - Breton Magicka Templar DC Healer
    CP580 - Khajiit Magicka Nightblade DC The Deeps
    27 - Dragonknight DC Growing Tank
    CP580 - Argonian Templar AD Healer

Keep Calm and Chive On
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaultamor wrote: »
    Hello!

gold is very easy to come by so its really not expensive my last respec was 7200g but you really dont even notice it.

Yesterday I did it twice on the same char... =(
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • SkullProX
    SkullProX
    ✭✭
    Hi again!

If i reset my skills, and lets say my teleportation strike is lv 15, and if i put a skill point on it again, will it still stay lv 15, or i have to level it again?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you've leveled skills they stay leveled for good. You can respec as many times as you want, and when you put a skill point back into something that you previously leveled it will be right back at the level you had it at before.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • SkullProX
    SkullProX
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Once you've leveled skills they stay leveled for good. You can respec as many times as you want, and when you put a skill point back into something that you previously leveled it will be right back at the level you had it at before.

Thats awesome, thank you :)