Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

iMac 27" crashing a lot...

• duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    keto3000 wrote: »
    @duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    However, as I've stated above in a few previous posts, I am running an iMac 27" late model 2014 and experienced many of the issues you discussed, however, after the last 2 "mac fix" patches that ZOS applied over the past 2 months AND since I upgraded to OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan I am no longer experiencing any major issues! ....
    Good to know, as stated above never said it was universal. Furthermore, at least here, the crashes are always right during (95%) or shortly after (5%) traveling, respective ressing at a keep in PvP. (And also running 10.11.2)

Would be interesting to compare specs. Are you also running a R295MX (4 GB)? Only one screen (or several virtual ones). The issue seemed to be less often with a second monitor (thunderbolt display) attached, but may that's just my imagination...

Also we are talking particle effects heavy play (PvP encounters with way more than 50 people around all casting like crazy).
    Are you running medium or high (or even low) setting? Which particle number, view distance etc. Do you also have Vsync off? Shadows off?
    And at what FPS? (In PvP you want it to be at > 100 if at all possible, anything below 50 is death)
  • Wookyenub18_ESO
    Late 2015 iMac 27" R9 M395X 4GB VRAM 24GB RAM. UltraHigh graphics - default settings with Windowed FullScreen. VSync always OFF.

Since upgrade to OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan, crash after 1.5 hours when teleporting to Orsinium from elsewhere in Wrothgar.

34 FPS in town, 50 to 70 elsewhere. Never had a crash in Wrothgar outside of Orsinium, or in Glenumbra. Have half a dozen AddOns. Don't use this iMac for much else and don't run anything else while running ESO.

On older iMac PvP'd a lot at 20-30 FPS. Had a lot of fun and reached AR24. Dying was related to my risk appetite not FPS.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »
    @duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    However, as I've stated above in a few previous posts, I am running an iMac 27" late model 2014 and experienced many of the issues you discussed, however, after the last 2 "mac fix" patches that ZOS applied over the past 2 months AND since I upgraded to OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan I am no longer experiencing any major issues! ....
    Good to know, as stated above never said it was universal. Furthermore, at least here, the crashes are always right during (95%) or shortly after (5%) traveling, respective ressing at a keep in PvP. (And also running 10.11.2)

Would be interesting to compare specs. Are you also running a R295MX (4 GB)? Only one screen (or several virtual ones). The issue seemed to be less often with a second monitor (thunderbolt display) attached, but may that's just my imagination...

Also we are talking particle effects heavy play (PvP encounters with way more than 50 people around all casting like crazy).
    Are you running medium or high (or even low) setting? Which particle number, view distance etc. Do you also have Vsync off? Shadows off?
    And at what FPS? (In PvP you want it to be at > 100 if at all possible, anything below 50 is death)

I'm running: 27' iMac, late model 2013 3.5GHz, 16GB RAM, 1600 Mhz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4G

Settings: Vsync-OFF/ AA- ON/ All settings- MEDIUM/ Water Reflection-OFF/ Particle#= 1001/ particle Suppression=50/ View distance=50 (Ambient Occlusion, Bloom, Distortion, Sunlight = OFF)

FPS= 50-70 in towns/ PvP hovers between 40-80 wish) dependent on how busy server is. But, of course, it varies. I do as well as PC/Windows users now with these settings ( listed above). As I said, 64 bit client will be the test! :wink:
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
    ok one big difference is then that your system has not yet a retina / 5K display, while the late 2014 5K version has a native resolution of 5120‑by‑2880 (downscaled to the same 2560x1440 resolution for ESO)
    I am assuming you are running at full res, right?
    Also the 2013 model is using an NVIDIA card, while the 5k ones are on RADEONs again, so different drivers.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    ok one big difference is then that your system has not yet a retina / 5K display, while the late 2014 5K version has a native resolution of 5120‑by‑2880 (downscaled to the same 2560x1440 resolution for ESO)
    I am assuming you are running at full res, right?
    Also the 2013 model is using an NVIDIA card, while the 5k ones are on RADEONs again, so different drivers.

Yes! That is correct.
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
    On PTS mac client now crashes when picking up a resource node. Lots of funny graphic effects as well, like bad moire with shadows when it's raining, missing shades now everywhere, not just Orsinium etc.

The good: better FPS and slightly better settings possible now with still decent FPS
    The bad: Improvements still not cutting it in terms of FPS, shades often missing, graphic (and sound) glitches
    The ugly: Crashes even more often now (hard to believe, but yeah)