Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

PvP Documentary - Stamina DK - Resource Management, Combat Awarness etc..

Alcast
Alcast
Class Representative
Hey guys, I created a video earlier Solo PvP #8 - Between Frontlines, you can find the link below, and I used that video to kind of "Comment" on my Stam DK what I do and how I handle the situation in hope that people understand how to Solo pvp etc...
If you have not seen the original video, watch that first otherwise it could be kind of confusing :)

https://youtu.be/S7TEjyyAX24

Stamina DK Xeloki - Solo PvP #8 - Between Frontlines https://youtu.be/XS-eAjX-DzQ
https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't say it, but at times it almost sounds like you got on the "nerf Breath of Life" bandwagon. :p Cool and fun comments all around :)
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Jura23 wrote: »
    You didn't say it, but at times it almost sounds like you got on the "nerf Breath of Life" bandwagon. :p Cool and fun comments all around :)

Haha, well it is a strong heal. All heals are quite strong tbh. But it is not the heals that need to be adjusted, it is the 50% dmg mitigation which is ***...

Mainissue for me as soloplayer, If I cant kill the Healer while he is CCed he will just 2-3x BoL and is back up on full health, and IF you have another dude trying to kill you, you will be most certainly dead.

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

Haha, well it is a strong heal. All heals are quite strong tbh. But it is not the heals that need to be adjusted, it is the 50% dmg mitigation which is ***...

Mainissue for me as soloplayer, If I cant kill the Healer while he is CCed he will just 2-3x BoL and is back up on full health, and IF you have another dude trying to kill you, you will be most certainly dead.

Yep. That´s my (and most of my guildmates) issue aswell. The dmg reduction is too high enabling players to survive in situations where they did everything wrong. It´s what severely hindering most forms of successful solo play atm.

On top of that i´d like a line of sight check for breath of life and healing ward (funny enough mutagen has one). Smartheals through walls/doors/floors are just stupid.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What they basicly did with the 50% damage thingie, is empower templars and specificly templars in a group, they are now MUCH more impactful in a group because they can instantly heal ppl to full health in a matter of seconds, while getting someone killed or low health, now takes twice if not thrice that time.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

st forms of successful solo play atm.

On top of that i´d like a line of sight check for breath of life and healing ward (funny enough mutagen has one). Smartheals through walls/doors/floors are just stupid.

Yea ive been asking for this for a while now, so sick of seeing someones hp boosted from 20% to full in 1 second from a breath of life through a wall or a floor or both just because the mindless healbot saw some healthbar in his group-UI drop too low...or becuase the templar is just spammning.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Same with Kragrenance, Temp res, Battle res lv2. 0.5s and dude is up, you have literally no time to bash him to interrupt the res xD.

And corretly built Templar Healers in pvp in a group are almost invincible. that dude in the video there for example, his BoLs were strong, yet he was in heavy armor and took like 40% mitigated dmg. My leap does usually between 18-20k dmg, on him it was 11k crit xD. Tho luckily he made the mistake to res sb while on half HP.

The 50% dmg Mitigation allows ppl just to make more mistakes..and it makes zergs even more powerful.
    I barely see ppl SOLOing around because it is just almost impossible to kill sb.
    They should reduce it to 35%, good players will still know how to avoid/bolster dmg. Atm this crap is just very noob friendly and helps zerg grps the most.

Try to kill a zerg grp with 5+ Temp healers in there that Res ppl faster than you can kill them xD
    Edited by Alcast on December 28, 2015 9:52AM

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    interresting :)
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. That´s my (and most of my guildmates) issue aswell. The dmg reduction is too high enabling players to survive in situations where they did everything wrong. It´s what severely hindering most forms of successful solo play atm.

befouled + reverbating bash/dark flare/death stroke/lethal arrow as a small hint ;)
    and yes even as a healing templar i agree that BoL should have a LOS check (but healing ritual should not)
    Same with Kragrenance, Temp res, Battle res lv2. 0.5s and dude is up, you have literally no time to bash him to interrupt the res xD.

And corretly built Templar Healers in pvp in a group are almost invincible. that dude in the video there for example, his BoLs were strong, yet he was in heavy armor and took like 40% mitigated dmg. My leap does usually between 18-20k dmg, on him it was 11k crit xD. Tho luckily he made the mistake to res sb while on half HP.

The 50% dmg Mitigation allows ppl just to make more mistakes..and it makes zergs even more powerful.
    I barely see ppl SOLOing around because it is just almost impossible to kill sb.
    They should reduce it to 35%, good players will still know how to avoid/bolster dmg. Atm this crap is just very noob friendly and helps zerg grps the most.

Try to kill a zerg grp with 5+ Temp healers in there that Res ppl faster than you can kill them xD

if they do so they have to normalize projectile flying times first it can´t be that you are hit by multiple arrows from the same attacker just because of different flying arcs of every attack not even mentioning latancy issues...
    Edited by Tankqull on December 28, 2015 11:00AM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Tankqull wrote: »

befouled + reverbating bash/dark flare/death stroke/lethal arrow as a small hint ;)
    and yes even as a healing templar i agree that BoL should have a LOS check (but healing ritual should not)

if they do so they have to normalize projectile flying times first it can´t be that you are hit by multiple arrows from the same attacker just because of different flying arcs of every attack not even mentioning latancy issues...

You only get hit by multiple arrows if you are not careful. And sometimes well, bad luck if ping is 0934023940295095. But I usually do not play then because I cannot react to stuff which has already hit me >.>

Ye there are some combos out there that kill you instantly. But I had it rarely happen to me....if you want to be immune to such crap there is enough stuff to counter it, the question is just, do you want to adjust your gear/build to such gankers or not. I will not because I do not rly care if I get oneshot or not. Respawn, move on.

• Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this video; it was interesting to watch & hear your thoughts.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, I created a video earlier Solo PvP #8 - Between Frontlines, you can find the link below, and I used that video to kind of "Comment" on my Stam DK what I do and how I handle the situation in hope that people understand how to Solo pvp etc...
    If you have not seen the original video, watch that first otherwise it could be kind of confusing :)

https://youtu.be/S7TEjyyAX24

Stamina DK Xeloki - Solo PvP #8 - Between Frontlines https://youtu.be/XS-eAjX-DzQ

great video, thank you!!
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LoS check is not lore wise with current animation - with current animation healing goes from ground. LoS check would be lore wise if RC got old animation of healing string(i would be so glad if they return it instead of this shine rainbow heal that decreasing fps a bit). Also hope kagrenac or templar Master Ritualist passive will be changed, coz now it is just too OP, templar should be less looks like portable camps and healbots. But that just opinion of some nubplar.
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Legolas with his *** shieldbreaker spamming light attacks" Your commentary is gold +1
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just add resurectuion sickness to the game. 90sec of 60% stat reduction(but health) after a rezz *** dying should be a significant letdown.

You only get hit by multiple arrows if you are not careful. And sometimes well, bad luck if ping is 0934023940295095. But I usually do not play then because I cannot react to stuff which has already hit me >.>

Ye there are some combos out there that kill you instantly. But I had it rarely happen to me....if you want to be immune to such crap there is enough stuff to counter it, the question is just, do you want to adjust your gear/build to such gankers or not. I will not because I do not rly care if I get oneshot or not. Respawn, move on.

well i´m not disagreing as i´m rarly dying to those guys my self - but as you know best those builds do exists and fairly easy to play and as your own vids awsomly display are highly efective and not that uncommon and and even though they do not kill me the big hp drop and pressure they create the fight is over for me as i´m trying to survive from the moment then join into the fight.
    Edited by Tankqull on December 29, 2015 11:37AM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @alcast Loved the commentary! I got a good chuckle out of some of the things you were saying in the beginning... "$hitting their pants" LOL
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

esohead.com/skills/22265-cleansing-ritual
    esohead.com/skills/38571-purge
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel