The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A bit of man mockery,at least for the German version.

DariuSteam
Is it the same about the English game version?
Did you also noticed?
I mean; the men are a bit mocked in the dialogs and the npc side of the game .
The game seem to be made by some feminist females ,or at least feminism influenced,cause I saw a lot of man mocked up fearing and hiding while the females are cartoons tough wearing armours.
They also cartoons-like are made to look they never fear aside from the fact they did not fought in the history and above the fiction this game brings,just saw an (there are a lot)clear example of inversed roles by a quest about searching some tailor items where the men was a fearing puppet(sleep roaming) and the female just came in shinning armour tooking that fearfull man puppet on the strings with,telling she can go back to work as soon as she brings him to safety.
It´s all a laugh session when it comes to such scenes,altough wanted to know if you also noticed those fiction circus-made sceneries.
Thanks.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year!
Edited by DariuSteam on December 26, 2015 8:40PM
  • xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with powerful females :) I haven't noticed necessarily a mockery of men, but strong female characters - absolutely.

And Lyris is a monster; I love that girl.
    Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
    Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
    Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Um, no I haven't noticed this at all. I see both strong men and women characters as well as weak men and women characters.... don't know why you only see weak men and strong women npcs. I think it is all very even for the most part. The only things that might bug me about the npcs is some have really bad voice acting.
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "fiction circus-made sceneries" in an MMO, wow :smiley:

Seriously, you sound like someone that can't handle it when women are stronger than men. Should get used to it, it's nothing dangerous.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Calandrae
    Calandrae
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sense someone feels threatened when genders are equal in a fictional fantasy world. And I guess the fact that it's happening more and more in real world as well makes it even scarier. :*
  • Levi
    Levi
    ✭✭✭
    No. I haven't really noticed this. I remember the quest you are talking about, and I think it was supposed to be funny. If you looked into the tone of the man's voice as well as the language he used, you can tell that he is exasperated by the way his wife behaves, and all of that together is supposed to be humorous. I thought it was.

Believe me. I don't like it at all when male strength is mocked. I also don't appreciate when feminine strength is mocked, and I have no problem at all with a strong woman. My wife could tell you. I don't think ESO does much of this, at least not intentionally.
    Levi Canonach VR16 Templar Healer - DC NA
    Coda Canonach VR16 Templar Stamina DPS - DC NA
    Faolan D'lanach VR16 Nightblade Healer/DPS - DC NA
    J'Aorka VR16 Nightblade Stamina DPS - AD NA
    Moon'Moon VR16 Dragonknight Tank - DC NA
    Rapha Yeshimone - VR16 Sorcerer Healer/DPS - DC NA
    Trelos Flacara VR1 Dragonknight Magicka DPS - DC NA
  • DariuSteam
    You should play the German version if you didn´t,that accent comes through,in various other ways also,but I won´t bother to talk largely about them,I just let everyone have its own oppinion based on the personal ingame experience(anyway I didn´t meant something about strong males or females but about something else.
    Unfortunately this got misunderstood.
    Anyways,thanks for the comments.
    Thx.
  • TheRubiksCube
    TheRubiksCube
    ✭✭✭
    I think I know which quest you are talking about, and I will say that I noticed a lot of things in this game are probably put in there possibly because of political correctness and the pandering to certain groups like the LGBT(whatever letters they decide to add) community is clearly obvious, so I'm not surprised at all. This makes me question if the next Elder Scrolls game is going to be like this, and whether or not it will still be enjoyable with all of this.

I will also add that strong female characters are nothing new in this series at all, but it seems the frequency of this has increased 3 fold relative to previous Elder Scrolls games.

And thanks for bringing this topic up.
    Blood for the Pact! Retired Arctic Empire Officer
    Xbox NA XBL gamertag: RUBLKS CUBE (feel free to message me to duel or to play with me)
    EP: Lv 50 High Elf Dragonknight, Lv 50 Breton Templar (Former Emperor of Versidue-Shae), Lv 50 Dark Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Sorcerer, Lv 50 Wood Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Templar, Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer
    DC: Lv 50 Breton Sorcerer
    AD: Lv 50 Breton Templar
    Current CP: About 790
    Campaigns: Vivec or any other campaign I feel like.
    Time schedule: No specific time/ pacific standard time.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, no I haven't noticed this at all. I see both strong men and women characters as well as weak men and women characters.... don't know why you only see weak men and strong women npcs. I think it is all very even for the most part.
    ^^^ agree.gif
  • Squishs
    Squishs
    ✭✭
    Probably because ES is one of those rare gems in a sea of hyper-masculinity-B-S fantasy settings which doesn't demean either gender down to a stereotype.

Where a man or woman can easily be a hero or a coward and it's got nothing to do with their gender.

One of my favorite things about ES lore to be frank.