Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quickslots and a 360 controller

AliceSinful
AliceSinful
Soul Shriven
So first I need to say I’m new to PC gaming and MMOs but not to the Elder Scrolls world, having played on Xbox for years. I decided to upgrade to ESO on a PC and since I’m useless with a keyboard, I’m using a 360 controller. That helps a lot and I’m getting the hang of it, but I have serious issues with the quickslots, specifically healing potions.

I have no trouble assigning a potion to a quickslot, that is simple. Actually using it is the problem. Here’s what happens:

1. Sip of Health is quickslotted to Dpad Up. In a battle, there is suddenly no potion there and I never touched the Dpad at all. Empty quickslot. I die.
2. I have 15 Sip of Health potions and they’re quickslotted to Dpad Up. I actually manage to use 1 in a battle. The quickslot is now empty and I have to re-assign the remaining 14 potions to Dpad Up. Why don’t I now have 14 Sip of Health potions waiting to be used at Dpad Up? Is this normal or a glitch? Because I can’t believe it was designed that way. I die.
3. I can’t assign a Sip of Health to more than 1 quickslot. I can assign 15 Sips of Health to Dpad Up (though really, it’s only 1, see #2 above), but I can’t put a Sip of Health at Dpad Up and at Down. If I’m lucky, I get 1 Sip of Health per battle and that’s it. Most of the time, the quickslot is empty anyway, see #1. I die.
4. Since I’m a noob, I only have Sip and Tincture of Health available. So at most, I can have 2 health potions in quickslots, and that’s it. It doesn’t matter since they’re always empty anyway. I die.

This is so insanely frustrating I’m ready to quit. I’m a level 9, these aren’t even difficult battles, but being completely without any sort of healing is a serious problem. Basically, in every battle I have to win using only my existing health bar with no healing. Since I’m playing a Nord DragonKnight, this is a problem. I recognize that some of my own inexperience may be causing this, but I can’t figure out what it is. I’ve read everything about quickslots I can find, and they all just say to hit Dpad Up to use your health potion, but nothing about why they might suddenly disappear, or why you have to reslot them over and over and over. Help!
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Hold up on dpad and use right stick to select potion before a fight. Whatever you leave it on should be useable when you press up regardless of what it's assigned to in quick slot menu
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • AliceSinful
    AliceSinful
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks, but I think "should be" is the important part here! It's just not there. I press Dpad Up and nothing happens, then I die. I hold Up and I get the radial menu, I run it around to Up (it says there are potions there), and let go, nothing happens and I die. You said to select a potion before a fight...you can select a potion during a fight, right? I mean that would just make sense.
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Yes when you leave the radial menu the potion is basically highlighted. You have to press up to actually use it then
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA