The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is it possible to buy eso plus on xbox one with microsoft points?

MaoLinx
MaoLinx
I want to get eso plus but I can't for personal reasons so microsoft points are the only option for me so just wondering if I could. Also, is it worth it? or should I just use microsoft points for dlc and craftings motifs like imperial daedrice and such?
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    They stop doing Microsoft points a long time ago, but they do offer Microsoft gift cards which you can use to buy eso plus with
  • MaoLinx
    MaoLinx
    They work like microsoft points? I mean like, are they just another type of currency thats in a card that Icould buy at the local retail store ?
  • MaoLinx
    MaoLinx
    Nvm, just realized that I've used them before. I've been gone for an entire year and just got the xbox one, feeling really stupid right now.
  • Nattzz
    Nattzz
    They stopped using Microsoft points in 2013 so you must've been gone for a lot longer than that
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    MaoLinx wrote: »
    They work like microsoft points? I mean like, are they just another type of currency thats in a card that Icould buy at the local retail store ?

These gift cards work just like MS points, you can pick these gift cards from almost any places that sell gift cards.
  • MaoLinx
    MaoLinx
    Nattzz wrote: »
    They stopped using Microsoft points in 2013 so you must've been gone for a lot longer than that

Wrong. If you actually read my msg, I said that I used them before. Me being gone for an entire year has made my mind fuzzy.
  • Nattzz
    Nattzz
    Everybody used them before...and then they all stopped using them back in 2013. You're not making sense...
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nattzz wrote: »
    Everybody used them before...and then they all stopped using them back in 2013. You're not making sense...

Though they stopped producing/using M$ Points back in 2013, there was still a long gap between 2014 and 2015 where some stores were still selling M$ Point gift cards, which could still be purchased and, once redeemed on Xbox, the points were automatically converted into currency amounts. Not sure what about what the OP said that didn't make sense.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    ajwest927 wrote: »
    MaoLinx wrote: »

These gift cards work just like MS points, you can pick these gift cards from almost any places that sell gift cards.

You can use your Microsoft gift card balance on the Xbox Store to purchase crowns but because you sign up for ESO Plus in the in-game crown store, you cannot use your Microsoft gift card balance. You have to charge your sub to a credit card.

I assume it's set up this way so it can auto-renew but I really have no idea. Regardless you cannot use a Microsoft gift card balance to pay for ESO Plus.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • MaoLinx
    MaoLinx
    Seriously? That's like saying, "No Johnny, you can't buy a hamburger cash. We'd like you to use your credit card."
    "B-but.. I don't have a credit card!"
    "Too bad Johnny, No Hamburger for you."
  • MaoLinx
    MaoLinx
    with cash* stupid typos