The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Stamina Heals

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
I am rerolling my first NB for PvP.

But i am surprised on the scarcity of Stamina Heals.

If i do not have acces to Vigor or Rally (or whatever the two hander skill is called), what else is there? As far as i can tell, those are the only stam heals?
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Sorcs got crit heals, Stamplars got jabs, DKs got Dragonblood (which is ok in PvE) and Stamblade... yea you need Vigor or Rally.

Oh wait: Stamblade can use Killer's Blade for heals, but I always found it awkward tbh, so you really need at least Rally anyway.
    Edited by Heindrich on December 26, 2015 11:53AM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heindrich wrote: »
    Stam Sorcs got crit heals, Stamplars got jabs, DKs got Dragonblood (which is ok in PvE) and Stamblade... yea you need Vigor or Rally.

Oh wait: Stamblade can use Killer's Blade for heals, but I always found it awkward tbh, so you really need at least Rally anyway.

Stam sorcs heals are kind garbage to be honest, you have to hope for a crit, and if you dont get it you are kinda sol until you get vigor unless you use 2 handed, but it is kinda silly that you HAVE to use that weapon in order to heal reliably on stam characters.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Biting Jabs (stam morf) Does NOT give health back. FYI
  • Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warraxx wrote: »

Oh ok, I don't have an endgame templar, so I guess I am mistaken on that. I heard BoL is pretty strong on Stamplar too, not sure if that's still the case.
    laced wrote: »
    Stam sorcs heals are kind garbage to be honest, you have to hope for a crit, and if you dont get it you are kinda sol until you get vigor unless you use 2 handed, but it is kinda silly that you HAVE to use that weapon in order to heal reliably on stam characters.

Stam Sorc crit heals are awesome at endgame. It's very easy to get high crit chance, so you can reliably self heal whilst dealing a lot of damage. You can even use a Maelstorm 2H'er and crit rush stuff for guaranteed massive heals.

• eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, wrong morph lol. Templars have 0 consistent heals scaling with a stamina build.

Furthermore, Dragonblood wont heal a stamina DK, just drain his limited magicka pool. Need a max health build, for it to be even noticeable after Battle Spirit.

Critical Surge is out-shined by Rally. Bur fair enough, if you want to run a build without 2-Hander you at least have an option as sorc.

But this crap about stamblades having less heals, it really needs to go die somewhere. All stamina builds use the same heals, because Vigor and Rally beats anything you can slot from your class skill lines.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh ok, I don't have an endgame templar, so I guess I am mistaken on that. I heard BoL is pretty strong on Stamplar too, not sure if that's still the case.
    laced wrote: »

Stam Sorc crit heals are awesome at endgame. It's very easy to get high crit chance, so you can reliably self heal whilst dealing a lot of damage. You can even use a Maelstorm 2H'er and crit rush stuff for guaranteed massive heals.

The thing is, you should be able to reliably heal BEFORE end game, you shouldnt have to wait till v16 to be able to heal well. Sorcs used to have a good heal, but its just terrible now.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stam heals has always been a big issue, it got better with vigor, but its still nowhere near what magicka heals can do

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well the only other stamina base heal I know of (yes there is a 3rd stamina heal) is Blood Craze one of Twin slashes morphs and it heals you based on the amount of damage the bleed effect does. Like the bleed effect is pretty high I think 7K+ damage over a course of 5 seconds which is good but not for PvP cause well it can be purged/cloak away. But jsut like all other HOTs it's really only good when stacked with other HOTs. So you could use rally then blood craz then vigor to get a pretty decent HOT going but again only for PvE.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on December 26, 2015 8:06PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's always blood craze :trollface:
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for NB, as someone mentioned you have killers blade which is kinda...meh. But don't forget Mark Target heals as well.

Then there is vigor, which takes about an hour in pvp to get.

Once you get Rally. Vigor you will be fine.

Rally actually takes longer to get than vigor to get, these days.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »

Lol an hour? Granted if you dedicate yourself in PVP enough it won't take too long, but an hour?? Don't give the poor lad false hope.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Xeniph wrote: »

Lol an hour? Granted if you dedicate yourself in PVP enough it won't take too long, but an hour?? Don't give the poor lad false hope.

Yeah, it is def more than an hour. A lot more.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, for me Vigor is almost out of the question. An hour? That is just simply impossible. It takes about 250k AP to get from rank 4 to 5, if i recall correctly. If i am lucky, i can net about 10k AP / hour as i run around solo, killing people. I know some people can farm serious amounts of AP. But anyone who can get to lvl 5 in an hour deserves a medal.

I want this NB to play in the Nonvet Campaign, and had hoped to start at level 20. But can see i will have to wait to get twohander up to lvl 38, which prob means i need character level 30-35 before that happens.

So sad, seeing as all the other abilities that a high-dps NB needs, are unlocked very early (Surprise + Ambush). I just need some kind of heal.

My other option is to go for Vigor, but honestly just dont think i can get myself to running around and getting killed all the time, because i have subpar skills.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    took me 3 nights on a new grinded up vr16.
    Edited by Warraxx on December 26, 2015 9:01PM
  • Asmodan
    Asmodan
    I'm playing since 3 Weeks (of course not every Day) trying to go from Rank 4 to Rank 5 to finally get Vigor on my Stam DK. This is my first Char and so i dont have much experience. I think with enough support from other players it can go fast but for me (in a small non PvP Guild) its very difficult to earn Alliance Points.