Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Writs

retyler3_ESO
retyler3_ESO
✭✭✭
When you select to do a Writ is it based on what you know? Such as the Provisioner Writ, I am being asked to craft 1 Grape Preserves and 1 Clarified Syrah Wine. I know how to make the Grape Preserves, but I don't know how to make the Clarified Syrah Wine, nor do I have the recipe.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Provisioner writs are a pain at lower skill levels for provisioning, as a lot of the time your char does not know the recipe if you have not bought or found a lot of recipes.

Also the writs at that level will always choose a selection of recipe from your current skill level, so in that, it is based what you should know, and the Clarified Syrah Wine you will need to loot/ask in zoner or better still, track down on guild stores, use Awesome Guild Store addon, its a godsend for finding stuff and organising the guild ui.

For other writs, its normally fine and they ask you to create the stuff you know however.

The max level provisioning writs are good for giving u good mats like frost mirriam or w/e and varying recipes, some of which are high value back.

Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, what you are asked to make is based on the Material Level, or in Provisioning, the Recipe Level you have unlocked with skill points.

As for Clarified Syrah Wine, that is one of the rare recipes, although it turns up more often now a days. Check the Guild Kiosks. You can either find the recipe (but this is one of the greens that still sells for 300 gold or so) or the crafted wine itself (make sure its the Green Crafted one, not the White one that drops if you buy the finished product.

Now, as far as Writs goes, I find that you make only 3 different foods and 3 different drinks 99% of the time. So, this means you will be asked for the Wine again at some point, so if you buy it, buy 10 or so.

If you can't find the wine or recipe, and your on the NA server, send me an email in the game to @Nestor and I can help you out with some wine. I have 4 provisioners that know the recipe. I can send it to you in a couple of hours when I get home.

Oh, at some point, you will get the recipe as a Writ Reward. Usually right after you buy it.... B)
    Edited by Nestor on May 29, 2015 10:27PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• retyler3_ESO
    retyler3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @SHADOW2KK I guess I will just have to drop the Writ for now.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @SHADOW2KK I guess I will just have to drop the Writ for now.

You will get the wine request again. See my post above

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Yes, what you are asked to make is based on the Material Level, or in Provisioning, the Recipe Level you have unlocked with skill points.

As for Clarified Syrah Wine, that is one of the rare recipes, although it turns up more often now a days. Check the Guild Kiosks. You can either find the recipe (but this is one of the greens that still sells for 300 gold or so) or the crafted wine itself (make sure its the Green Crafted one, not the White one that drops if you buy the finished product.

Now, as far as Writs goes, I find that you make only 3 different foods and 3 different drinks 99% of the time. So, this means you will be asked for the Wine again at some point, so if you buy it, buy 10 or so.

If you can't find the wine or recipe, and your on the NA server, send me an email in the game to @Nestor and I can help you out with some wine. I have 4 provisioners that know the recipe. I can send it to you in a couple of hours when I get home.

Oh, at some point, you will get the recipe as a Writ Reward. Usually right after you buy it.... B)

Exactly what I was going to mention. The level depends on the level you can craft, although there is no cross check for what recipes you actually know.. best bet is most likely just buy the finished product, or find a guildee to make some for you.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • retyler3_ESO
    retyler3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

LOL! That doesn't surprise me. Thanks @Nestor
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As @Nestor and @MissBizz says also, in more depth than I done hehe.

Regarding the writ, if you cannot do a writ one day, leave it for the next day, there is a cycle of writs and you will come across the bad writ again but a day later you can get a new one, till the cycle goes again hehe.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

Regarding the writ, if you cannot do a writ one day, leave it for the next day, there is a cycle of writs and you will come across the bad writ again but a day later you can get a new one, till the cycle goes again hehe.

I wasn't never too sure of this, because I find that I get asked for the same foods for like 3 days in a row.. although I make them and turn them in. I just think it's funny.. I do a writ.. my passive makes me make multiple of it.. the next day I take the writ, and boom! It tells me to go hand it in (since I already have the food in my bag from the day before lol)

Oh, and Nestor is totally right. You will get it in a writ, but most likely after you give up, buy the recipes, complete the writ.. boom.. there the recipe will be. lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • retyler3_ESO
    retyler3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I just found the recipe for 250g, so I bought it.
  • retyler3_ESO
    retyler3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well I completed the writ and did not get the recipe. :) From I am reading it is just a matter of time though. Thank you all for your help, advice, and responses.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sell a boatload of green recipes every day for 50g in our guild store since my main crafter already knows pretty much every recipe there is.
    I know there are other guilds that also have a large stock of low level recipes for affordable amounts.

If you're into provisioning writs, guild kiosks are your best bet in finding what you need ...
    :smile:
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

I wasn't never too sure of this, because I find that I get asked for the same foods for like 3 days in a row.. although I make them and turn them in. I just think it's funny.. I do a writ.. my passive makes me make multiple of it.. the next day I take the writ, and boom! It tells me to go hand it in (since I already have the food in my bag from the day before lol)

Oh, and Nestor is totally right. You will get it in a writ, but most likely after you give up, buy the recipes, complete the writ.. boom.. there the recipe will be. lol

Hehe aye true, aye I just noticed a pattern for myself anyways in regards to writs, and even writ rewards for max level crafts and low level, and there does seem to be a cycle that it repeats, with some variations here and there, as you said, getting asked the same stuff 3 days in a row.
    That happens periodically to me too, but generally follows a pattern.

And yeah about doing a writ and still having them in your inv, heheh.

Lol defo true what Nestor says about buying recipes and then boom its there in the completed writ hahah.

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I completed the writ and did not get the recipe. :) From I am reading it is just a matter of time though. Thank you all for your help, advice, and responses.

You are welcome:}

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• VamppireGhost
    VamppireGhost
    ✭✭
    So i can't find "Clarified Syrah Wine" and was wondering if anyone knows what areas would be best to look for it. What reigion does it spawn in the most?
    "What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy."