The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Laurel Gem.

Phatalix
Phatalix
✭✭
Please add Laurel Gem to Crown Store. It's totally unreasonable to have to gather a group to access dungeon bosses. It won't take a team to make the armor. It.s
no wonder that mercenary motifs sell for 5k and less, you can't make the armor.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It really isn't hard to get and there are already threads on this...
    PC/EU DC
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phatalix wrote: »
    Please add Laurel Gem to Crown Store. It's totally unreasonable to have to gather a group to access dungeon bosses. It won't take a team to make the armor. It.s
    no wonder that mercenary motifs sell for 5k and less, you can't make the armor.

Step #1: Join a Guild
    Step #2: Gather members from said Guild to run pledges
    Step #3: Turn in Silver/Gold Keys for a chance on Mercenary Motifs (learn each one obtained)
    Step #4: Continue Step #2 to obtain Laurels
    Step #5: Profit!

The reason they're 5k, and dropping, is because of how easy they are to obtain and how often duplicates are received. This isn't an issue. The method for obtaining Laurels aren't an issue. Laziness, for lack of a better word, is the issue.

Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • TERMINAT0R_XVII
    TERMINAT0R_XVII
    ✭✭✭
    You'd be surprised at how little players would be willing to farm a vet dungeon while having the full motif learned. Hes actually got a good point. Even on xbox there are very little players willing to go that far
    Xbox one NA server
    Current CP level: 481
    Main= Clan-Mother Ra'Zaria: Khajiit Dragonknight EP (Toxic Shock Build)
    Hlevala Redoran: Dark elf Sorcerer DC (Daedric Sorcerer Build)(race subject to change)
    Tsudajiti-Ri: Level 23 Kajiit Nightblade AD (Magicka, 3 hit ko Build)
    Tulara Ayrenn: High Elf Templar DC (Right Hand of Mara Build)
    One-Who-Breaks-Mountains: Argonian Templar EP (Left Hand of Mara Build)
    Lillca Boulder-Child: Nord Dragonknight EP (Indominable Tank Build)(no purge)
    Logranka-Gra-Orsinium: Level Orc Dragonknight AD (Volcanic Incineration Build)
    Nivinora Night-Hollow: Wood Elf Nightblade DC (Jaqspur Build)(bow abilities only)
    High Queen Atmorra: Level 10 Redguard Templar EP (Tireless Stamplar)
    Rakkiza Mane-Sister: Level 7 Khajiit nightblade DC (in progress)
    Vavakra Telvanni: Level 36 Dunmer Warden AD (in progress) (race subject to change)
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have that many, even my lowbies are wearing full mercenary.

May as well put Engine Guardian in CS while we're at it, eh? You have to do dungeons for that.
    PC EU
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'd be surprised at how little players would be willing to farm a vet dungeon while having the full motif learned. Hes actually got a good point. Even on xbox there are very little players willing to go that far

Even if you only run pledges once a day on one toon and know a good amount of chapters (I'm missing three and I'm getting a laurel every run) you can obtain at least two a day.

Besides, farming for them is a lot different than not wanting to put in any effort to obtain them. They're easy enough to come by, even on a casual level.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's Undaunted armour for the Undaunted.
    PC EU
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May as well put Engine Guardian in CS while we're at it, eh? You have to do dungeons for that.

Yes, a crafting stone and a monster helm are clearly equivalent.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    eNumbra wrote: »

While they may not be equivalent, his point is, we don't need things added to the CS simply because the OP doesn't want to put in any amount of effort to obtain an item that is, otherwise, easy to obtain.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »

While they may not be equivalent, his point is, we don't need things added to the CS simply because the OP doesn't want to put in any amount of effort to obtain an item that is, otherwise, easy to obtain.

Then Zenimax should have made the Motif BoP as well.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭

How or what does that even solve? The motif/chapters can be obtained by opening Bronze/Silver/Gold Undaunted Chest and can be sold through Guild Traders, should be BoP? Why? Besides the Motifs that are purchased from the CS, no other Motifs are BoP. That solves nothing.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How or what does that even solve? The motif/chapters can be obtained by opening Bronze/Silver/Gold Undaunted Chest and can be sold through Guild Traders, should be BoP? Why? Besides the Motifs that are purchased from the CS, no other Motifs are BoP. That solves nothing.

It's not about solving anything. It's about the absurdity that the Motif can be sold and traded between accounts but laurels cannot.

Malachite Shards can be traded but Malachite cannot.
    Ancient Scale can be traded but Goldscale cannot.
    Charcoal of Remorse can be traded.
    Dwemer Scraps and Frames can be traded.

Every other motif in game can be obtained via some method that doesn't force something on the player but this is acceptable for Laurel, WHY? That's the damned point.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not about solving anything. It's about the absurdity that the Motif can be sold and traded between accounts but laurels cannot.

Every other motif in game can be obtained via some method that doesn't force something on the player but this is acceptable for Laurel, WHY? That's the damned point.

So lets throw in more absurd changes just to make it even more absurd. Logic isn't your strong point.

Laurels, in a way, can be traded. Create the armor/weapon, give it to a friend. As long as they understand there's not a 100% chance to get it, they can deconstruct it for the laurel. Workarounds are a lot better than spewing inane ideas because you're upset.
    Edited by OmniDevil on December 18, 2015 4:50PM

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So lets throw in more absurd changes just to make it even more absurd. Logic isn't your strong point.

Laurels, in a way, can be traded. Create the armor/weapon, give it to a friend. As long as they understand there's not a 100% chance to get it, they can deconstruct it for the laurel. Workarounds are a lot better than spewing inane ideas because you're upset.

Inane ideas like putting Engine Guardian in the crown store?

People who agree with you can use stupid examples to make their point but people who disagree with you are to be insulted? Good job.

I know about the workaround and I've used the workaround - but this proves that there's no reason for Laurels to be bound.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    People who agree with you can use stupid examples to make their point but people who disagree with you are to be insulted? Good job.

Wait, so an example is "stupid" because you deem it so? Who's insulting who now? You didn't disagree with anything except for another user's (not mine, someone else, go back and read) example and decided to throw in an absurd idea of "BoP" motifs because of no sound reason except to argue. It wasn't until I chimed in to clarify what that user was trying to portray that you decided you needed to keep throwing stones.

If you haven't already found that not everyone will agree with you and that you may not always like the counter-argument, grow a thicker skin.

Bring constructive criticism, thoughts, ideas or purposed solutions that actually make sense. Not, "well ABC Item is that way, why not XYZ?" That's not constructive.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bring constructive criticism, thoughts, ideas or purposed solutions that actually make sense. Not, "well ABC Item is that way, why not XYZ?" That's not constructive.

I'm sorry, is "Make Laurel tradable (in laurel form not crafted item form)" not a solution?

Because citing examples of similar items that are tradable in pure or unrefined form is definitely considered constructive criticism by most people.
    Wait, so an example is "stupid" because you deem it so? Who's insulting who now?

You called one of my ideas inane.
    inane
    [ih-neyn]

Synonyms
    Examples
    Word Origin

adjective
    lacking sense, significance, or ideas; silly:
    inane questions.
    empty; void.
    noun
    something that is empty or void, especially the void of infinite space.
    The simplified form of that definition would be "stupid". But hey, lets not let semantics get in the way of who actually started the insults.
    Edited by eNumbra on December 18, 2015 6:09PM
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, is "Make Laurel tradable (in laurel form not crafted item form)" not a solution?

Because citing examples of similar items that are tradable in pure or unrefined form is definitely considered constructive criticism by most people.

You don't have to be sorry, but apology accepted?

We'll have to agree to disagree. The OP suggested putting them in the Crown Store. We disagreed. Simple as that.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We'll have to agree to disagree. The OP suggested putting them in the Crown Store. We disagreed. Simple as that.

The problem is, half of what's already in the crown store is already just as, if not easier to obtain, Laurel is the exception. I'd rather see it tradable in game before its in the crown store. Zenimax is overcomplicating trade imo. There's 3 different currencies, the 6 new style stones work 3 different ways and now they're adding Monster Sets to an AP vendor to allow PvPers to skip PvE content.

But Laurels remain elusive to people who don't do dungeons.
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭

Cause laurel is a plant you can't refine small pieces of plant into a whole plant that's why
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pronkg wrote: »

Cause laurel is a plant you can't refine small pieces of plant into a whole plant that's why

Magic.

Not to mention there is an unrefined version of Laurel (Laurel Leaf) iirc that should still be in the game files, revealed months ago in a datamine.
    Edited by eNumbra on December 18, 2015 7:46PM
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously they made this
    pronkg wrote: »

Magic.

Not to mention there is an unrefined version of Laurel (Laurel Leaf) iirc that should still be in the game files, revealed months ago in a datamine.

Haha touché,

Anyway, serious answer from me. I don't mind whatever they do with the laurels I got loads of them and I do expect them to be in crown store soon.

Btw if you really want them, buy all motifs on your alt for what 30k maybe? And go run the dungeons scaled
    To level 10'or whatever it's really easy you'll get one every run
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Styles are optional. They have zero impact on game play. 'Looking cool' is a vanity issue. I compare laurels in dungeons to Akavari in PVP. I'm a Tyro (literally) in PVP, and Akavari motifs are out of my reach unless I want to spend more than I think they are worth (to me...not cool enough to drop a crap ton of gold or AP on theme). I have learned Mercenary motifs on a couple character, and have a decent supply of laurels. But I had only run a few dungeons before that style was introduced. It motivated me to expand my game, and I'm have a blast doing pledges. I'm using that experience as a stepping stone to do more PVP.

I like that some crafting mechanics have been introduced that force a player to earn them. Remember, these are vanity items. If you want them, earn them, or pay someone who has earned them. It's nice that there are some things that you can't get just by plopping down some crowns. It creates more diversity in our player population.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all the way ZOS set up how you can get the Laurel's needs to be changed. You should not have to know any pages of the Mercenary style to get the laurels on a pledge drop. Or if they want to continue to have that as a requirement then as long as one character in your account knows the entire motif or pages of the Mercenary Style then any character in your account should be able to get the laurels by doing the pledges. The character on my account who knows the entire Motif has already leveled the undaunted skill line therefore I run my other characters thru the pledges. Lets face it folks the drops in most cases for gear are a a joke. Every once and a while you might get something good but its rare. What is important here is the Mettle Passive. Also after doing the pledges um-teen times I for one have gotten sick and tired of doing them. The best case would be to have another option to get the Laurel's besides having to to the pledges.
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    Since the pages are so easy to get. All my toons knows atleast 1 page so o can get laurel drops on them. Of course my Main crafter knows all pages. You can also just get someone to make you a item in that style and you decon it. Pretty high percentage chance with the passives of course that you get the laurel gem from Decon. But they are quite easy to obtain just from doing pledges. The race stone that I think is hard to get are ancient scale. It cost way to much ap to get 1 of the 10 needed to refine to get one stone.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium