Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I have always been broke. I grew weary of being broke. How can I get rich (make lots of gold)

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title suggests. I have a vet 14 character but it only has 1,400 gold currently in bank. What is the fastest. The easiest. The quickest and non (stealing) way. I mostly in Cyrodiil alot. I do quests but I spend money. Mostly repairs. I also don't understand how guild store works. I afraid people think I might be scaming. Hence why I don't put anything in guild store. Plus I am very new at using guild store. But put everything at npc's store. Is there a guide for guild store or current prices? Sorry for me asking two different questions. But yes please tell me how make more money easy without stealing. Many thanks.
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Serjustwhy wrote: »
    As the title suggests. I have a vet 14 character but it only has 1,400 gold currently in bank. What is the fastest. The easiest. The quickest and non (stealing) way. I mostly in Cyrodiil alot. I do quests but I spend money. Mostly repairs. I also don't understand how guild store works. I afraid people think I might be scaming. Hence why I don't put anything in guild store. Plus I am very new at using guild store. But put everything at npc's store. Is there a guide for guild store or current prices? Sorry for me asking two different questions. But yes please tell me how make more money easy without stealing. Many thanks.

I go to a spot outside riften and grind saber tigers for there scraps and weapons etc they drop and just sell all the stuff to a merchant when my inventory gets full then i repair out of the stuff i sold i have a bag space of 100 slots i usually make about 6k gold each run then after repair is about 1000 something usually came out with 5k gold to store in my bank then i just repeat i've made up to 100k in one day just doing this a couple hours a day
    Edited by found1779 on December 8, 2015 11:57PM
  • Moriarti
    Moriarti
    ✭✭✭
    What about selling Akavir motif chapters if you spend a lot of time in Cyrodill? I just bought Chest Part for 105k (and this was very good price i suppose). One such deal and you are not broke anymore.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are on console, with no chat, you really have no choice but use the guild stores. I've been selling in them since early release, and without focusing on selling, have around 4.5 million. The Akavari motif suggestion is a good one. If you have IC, v16 runes are easy to get and sell around 5k on PC. All the v15 mats are also high value, so sell whatever you don't need. The trophies like monstrous teeth also sell well for a lot. Look at a guild sales history, and you can see what people are buying and paying for it. The worst things that can happen selling through guilds is not selling an item or undervaluing it. But not really a big deal since it is just 1s and 0s/
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Selling in guild stores is easy, and the buyer and seller are both protected from scams. WYSIWYG for the stated price to the buyer; seller pays a commission.

1) Collect stuff to sell. Raw materials, recipes & motifs tend to sell the best.
    2) Find a guild with a regular trader and an open slot.
    3) Use an add-on like Master Merchant to see the price trends for your guild(s)
    4) Go to the bank or a trader and list items
    5) Wait for sales money to show up in your mail

If you aren't on PC, you'll need to look at items listed in guild stores to see what the going prices are.

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used to be in your situation and it would make me soooooo freaking mad. I ended up joining a trading guild in the most populated city. There was a mandatory fee of 5k gold a week, which i was VERY hesitant to pay because to me that was a fortune. I spent my last bit of gold i had and it worked out great! Made around 60k in sales my very first day, and now have made about $2 million in the past month. That's not a lot to some people, but to someone who strictly pvp's, like me, it's more than enough that i am finally able to wear all gold vr16 gear.

I also sold 1 million AP for 500k gold, which i don't know whether i got a good deal out of that or not, but since all i do is pvp i made it back quick.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know you said non-stealing but if you are that desperate, I would reconsider that. Stealing is extremely profitable, and very easy if you take a moment to notice NPC rotation and such.

rip decibel
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if you are on PC or console. Speaking as a PC player since beta, the best way to make gold is in a guild trader in one of the big trading cities. On PC those are Rawl'kha and in Orsinium. i am in 4 of the biggest trading guilds on PC NA, and routinely make 1million+ a week. In my honest opinion the best thing to sell is crafting matts. Rubidite, amcestor silk, and other vet16 items are great sellers right now, and now is the time to make gold off of them. On PC Anc. silk is going for 350g+ each. The key to making this gold is to max out your crafting skills, even if you don't have the skill points invested to harvest the vet16 matts, harvest everything. When you refine raw matts you get purple and gold tempers which sell quickly and for great gold. On PC blacksmithing gold tempers (tempering alloys) are currently going for around 8000g each, with the clothing and woodworking gold tempers going for 2000-2400 each. Thes ecan be gathered from any level raw matt, what determines their drop rate is the skill points you put into the extraction passive in the skill lines. From what I have seen on the forums they sell for even more on the consoles. Another great moneymaker is alchemy matts, with the most expensive being columbine, selling quickly for 400g each on PC. As far as guilds charging fees for membership, I have never heard of anything like that on PC, All the trade guilds that I am familiar with have some kind of requirements to retain membership, usually buying/selling 1000-5000 worth of merchandise and 7 day inactivity boot. If you are on PC there are some addons that wil make your life as a trader much easier and profitable, namely master merchant, pricetracker, and awesome guild store. All are available at esoui.com. mater merchant (MM) is the best way to price items it gathers data from your guild stores and crunches the numbers for you. If you are in a large trade guild you can always link an item in guild chat and ask for a price check (if you on PC) and from my experience you will promptly get several players giving you (MM) prices. I can not give you much advice on console trading, from what I see on the forums, higher value items are selling for much more gold than on PC though.
    Edited by Vonovosi on December 9, 2015 7:54AM
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    Another way to make gold is to head to Craglorn and farm nirncrux. It does not command the kind of prices that it did 6 months ago(on PC at least) but it still sells for pretty good gold and if you price it competitively pretty quick. farming it is mindnumbingly boring, but now that it drops in lower craglorn it should be easier to find.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • olimarfreak
    olimarfreak
    ✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    I used to be in your situation and it would make me soooooo freaking mad. I ended up joining a trading guild in the most populated city. There was a mandatory fee of 5k gold a week, which i was VERY hesitant to pay because to me that was a fortune. I spent my last bit of gold i had and it worked out great! Made around 60k in sales my very first day, and now have made about $2 million in the past month. That's not a lot to some people, but to someone who strictly pvp's, like me, it's more than enough that i am finally able to wear all gold vr16 gear.

I also sold 1 million AP for 500k gold, which i don't know whether i got a good deal out of that or not, but since all i do is pvp i made it back quick.

That's a great deal. I only see people that want to buy 500k AP for 125k.
    PS4 - EU - PSN: olimarfr34k / YT: olimarfr34k ESO
    CP600+

Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | VMSA Flawless 548k | Immortalix (AD)
    Redguard Stamina Templar | VMSA Flawless 558k | Jab on Em (DC)
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer | VMSA Stormproof 557k | Slippery when wêt (EP)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Bombblade Setup | VMSA Stormproof 552k | Emilio La Gucci (AD)
    Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight | PvE only | VMSA Stormproof 510k | Cat with Hella Dots (DC)
    Khajiit Stamina Nightblade | PvP only | Shadowmeow (AD)
    Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight | PvP only | Saltbae (AD)

Soon: Magicka Templar

Vet & HM Clear
    MoL, AA, HRC, SO

#PwNeD is BACK!
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

Daily crafting writs might make you up to 5k per day and it takes like 20 minutes plus you also have the chance at gold tempers and runes which you can then sell for about 12k or more in some cases.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the title suggests. I have a vet 14 character but it only has 1,400 gold currently in bank. What is the fastest. The easiest. The quickest and non (stealing) way.

1. Do L1 Crafting Writs. The mats are cheap, you don't need to invest any skill points, and you get 600 plus gold per writ. At 6 writs per day, that is 3600 to 3700 gold, with ESO plus, you are at more than 4K. Plus you get items and mats you can sell.
    2. Farm Public Dungeons in Caldwells Gold zones, most mob groups drop 80 to 100 or more gold and loot to sell
    3. I know you said no stealing but there are places in the game where there is 0 chance of being caught, don't have to even Sneak and you can pull 4K to 6K in loot in short period of time.
    4. Go to a VR10 grind zone and find some squishy undead.
    5. Wrothgar

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ok, so I assume you are serious and not trolling (seen one like that lately), let`s assume you are serious about no clue how to make real money in this game. I will be glad to advice you, read this:

I have made almost 30 000 gold within this week! And I am just a beginner in terms of trading in this game. There are people who have millions of gold and now just craft for free.

get into a trading guild with at least 300 members. get in as many trading guilds that you can.
    go here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/, scroll totally down to "Guild recruitment", go to your server and platform there and find a guild. write them to invite you.There are many times posts in the guild recruitment threads about guild searching for new members, asking people to join them. I would choose basen on these key words: "language (you should speak that language of the guild, you can communicate then, either via in-game chat, or teamspeak or ventrilo, or other voice chat programs)", "at least 300 members", if they do not state the number, ask in their forum thread how many or how many active players are in the guild, "no mandatory regular gold deposit" (some trade guilds require that, but many do not, so I always choose those that do not), "mature players" (this is maybe the most important, if you are looking for players who are not kids any more (as you are not any more, if), then this one is a must. "regular PVE or PVP events", "guild bank active", "guild store active".
    If you are on pc, get the addons: Awesome guilds store and Master merchant - very very useful for guild store trading.

Then, one of these addons is for searching in the guild store, one shows you the price of any item in real time, it monitors the sales of your guild and remembers the latest prices, very useful for setting the price when you sell. Then in any bank (in the cities, the icon of gold chest on the map) you go there and choose guild store, but first you have to be a guild rank 2 - selling in guild store enabled. If you are only guild rank 1 - then you can not sell in guild store. There you must either meet guild people, who are easy to befriend, or you must be more active in the guild, asking people for dailies, questing together, greeting, so to say, you must let them know you a bit, so that they can trust you, you can even ask in guild chat, what to do to get the second guild rank - with selling in guild store. I got mine first one in one guild very fast, nice people.

Once there, sell materials in bigger stacks - at least 10 - 20 pieces, sell potions, sell blue and purple stuff: weapons, armor, jewelry, food, drinks, recipes. sell stuff from IC mobs (plannar amor, claws, teeth,..etc), sell malachite shards, sell rare crafting motifs.....xivkin, mercenary, etc (if you can not sell it for higher price, sell it for a bit less next time).
    craft purple items and sell them. I bought 7 purple glyphs for my new set from a guy from my guild for 5000 gold yesterday! even if you want to get at least some money, sell dropped items to regular NPC traders.
    do not expect to make high profit in guild stores with white items (not improved). almost noone buys them. even green and blue are there sometimes few weeks until someone buys them. also, low level items are not much tradable, sell them to local NPC traders. get to at least veteran rank, then drops will be also veteran rank items, sell those, the blue and purple preferably (mostly bosses drop them, but also some regular mobs drop them pretty often. if you find gold items (very rare) and dont want them, sell them - you can make thousands for just one item. some items are bound on equip or bound on pickup - meaning you can not sell them, ZOS made this, for some reason, they should drop this in my opinion, but nevermind. You still can make thousands of gold if you learn what where and how to trade it.

If you have valuable items, you can even sell them in zone chat directly without guild store. I always see posts in the chat looking for traders, or looking for buyers. click on item in inventory with left mouse click and choose share in chat.

my advice!

If you have more questions, feel free to ask :)!
    Edited by altemriel on December 9, 2015 7:28PM
  • katamuro11b16_ESO
    I got some kind of unlucky templar, in just under an hour maybe 500 gold from farming those tigers outside riften and nothing sold in guild store even the flowers which everyone says sell quickly
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got some kind of unlucky templar, in just under an hour maybe 500 gold from farming those tigers outside riften and nothing sold in guild store even the flowers which everyone says sell quickly

You do have to price things at Market.

Honestly, I find Equipment Mats to sell quicker than Alchemy Ingredients. But, you will do much better selling Alchemy ingredients in 50 Stacks (as they can make 200 potions) than any other size stack.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for helping me out. I did what you all suggested it helped me out. Many thanks.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • MidnightBlue
    MidnightBlue
    ✭✭✭

How does one buy AP?

• Royal_Kitsune
    Royal_Kitsune
    ✭✭✭

How does one buy AP?

More than likely he bought a akaviri chest for 500k ap or some such variations and then sold it for gold