The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enchanting Extraction for Leveling It's Not What You Think

Nestor
Nestor
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just did some testing with extracting glyphs. On a character with L24 and one with L44 in Enchanting, extracting white Grand Glyphs, I got identical results:

(I have ESO Plus and the Inspiration Passive in CS)

Looted Glyphs 3468
Glyphs Made by Another Player 3368
Glyphs Made by a Another Character 3368

I had a guild mate do some extractions, on their L14 in Enchanting Character, they have ESO Plus, but no Inspiration Boost from CS.

Looted Glyphs 2934
Glyphs Made by Another Player 2850
Glyphs Made by a Another Character 2850

Looted Glyphs give the most Inspiration, and Glyphs made by Alts give the same Inspiration as Glyphs made by other players. Note, this may change with a patch at any time.
Edited by Nestor on June 29, 2015 12:52PM
Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed.

Craziness, I wonder when it changed, as well, now I'm wondering about the other crafts. I.e. Dagger trading.
    Edited by MissBizz on June 28, 2015 7:32PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tested out any other crafts yet?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not yet, maybe tonight

• neueregel
    neueregel
    ✭✭✭
    they thought leveling Enchanting was too easy... :#
    Are you not entertained?
    On my command, unleash hell!
    What we do in life echoes in eternity
  • wolfslayerjab
    wolfslayerjab
    Soul Shriven
    so the best way will be to deco the looted ones.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually a good thing for Enchanters. It's one of the only crafts you can still make gold with.

Edited by Xeven on September 13, 2015 7:13PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the work on this @Nestor and @MissBizz . It used to be best to use glyphs from another player. That's how I did my L50. The last enchanting change I recall was several major patches ago, when extraction was increased across the board progressively with glyph levels. I have a few alts leveling in enchanting, and was even making some glyphs, thinking this gave more inspiration. Glad you posted this change. I read the patch notes regularly, and don't recall any mention this was being done. Not cool, ZOS.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been for some time now ( since patch v1.7 I believe) that items crafted by an alternative character give the same inspiration as traded items.
    However, it is news to me that dropped white glyphs give more. Weird. Real or perceived because of UI error? Only @ZOS_GinaBruno knows.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »
    It's been for some time now ( since patch v1.7 I believe) that items crafted by an alternative character give the same inspiration as traded items.
    However, it is news to me that dropped white glyphs give more. Weird. Real or perceived because of UI error? Only @ZOS_GinaBruno knows.

1.7 would have technically been 2.1 (current major version), these changes were noted prior to that @SLy_Kyti This post is from some time ago. Maybe you mean update 1.6/2.0?

@Ourobouros78 Obviously I'm not sure, but I think that when they made the white glyphs give significantly more IP, that may have been when this change occurred.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One thing I've noticed lately is that it seems like their is a disparity in the inspiration received by deconstructing certain types of glyphs. For example, I have a VR16 level 39 Enchanter and when he goes to decontructing glyphs, it seems he gets a bigger bump in deconstructing a Splendid glyph vs. a Monumental glyph. I need to confirm this by looking at the actual before/after numbers.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's the most current IP decon data as of December 2015.

guide-data-craft-decon-data-as-of-patch-2-2-8
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your making glyphs on one character and deconning on another or with another player, use that list above to maximize your return on materials as to get the most Inspiration bang for the buck.