The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need Help Leveling Up Enchanting

tschoot
tschoot
I need someone who can help me level up my enchanting a bit. I have gotten to level 31 but it is costing me a lot of gold to keep buying glyphs. I just need someone who will help me by making glyphs and letting me deconstruct them. Of course I would prefer it be someone who needs to level up their enchanting a bit as well so that I can do the same actions for them

if you are interested message me in game PSN is TSCHOOT55_
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gain no extra Inspiration from breaking down other player made glyphs. Mob Glyphs give slightly more, glyphs made by an Alt on your account give the same as player made glyphs.

So you can bypass the friction and pain of sending glyphs to each other 6 at a time.

So, want to level Enchanting Efficiently:

1. Break down Mob Loot Glyphs, Undead and Humans drop them in abundance, Imperials seem to drop the most. Plus you pick up Exp, other loot to decon, gold etc.
    2. If you have an Alt, have them make glyphs and break them down on your other character, or vice versa as you get close to the same Inspiration making glyphs as you do breaking them down. Then you can use the bank to swap between characters.
    Edited by Nestor on December 23, 2015 9:46PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Count_Dracula
    Count_Dracula
    ✭✭✭
    I just found an enchanting buddy for you, this was posted just a little while ago from another PSN user http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2541335/#Comment_2541335

You two can defiantly help each other out
    Edited by Count_Dracula on December 23, 2015 7:14PM
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You gain no extra Inspiration from breaking down other player made glyphs. Mob Glyphs give slightly more, same with glyphs made by an Alt on your account.

as you get close to the same Inspiration making glyphs as you do breaking them down.

The IP from player Craft-Swapped Glyphs is exactly the same as from an Alt.

And the IP for deconning a glyph from an Alt or another player is a fraction over 90% more than crafting it. This holds across all crafted glyphs until you reach Splendid and Monumental where Splendid drops a little and Monumental reaches over 100%.

Gold glyphs decon IP starts dropping to 34% more at Major level from 90% as the Decon IP for Gold glyphs is locked at 37722 starting at Major and doesn't increase for higher levels.

Yes, Character craft-swap-decon has the hassle of swapping, but the IP returns are NOT a reason to forego it.

The point of craft-swap-decon is that you get both the IP from crafting plus the IP from decon on the same character.
    Edited by SpAEkus on December 23, 2015 8:50PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    The IP from player Craft-Swapped Glyphs is exactly the same as from an Alt.

And the IP for deconning a glyph from an Alt or another player is a fraction over 90% more than crafting it. This holds across all crafted glyphs until you reach Splendid and Monumental where Splendid drops a little and Monumental reaches over 100%.

Yes, I forgot they also nerfed the Inspiration from making them back in 1.5.

And my wording was bad when I stated Alt made Glyphs are the same, I mean they are the same as other player made glyphs. Here is the thread with the results from testing. This was verified by a dev in another thread

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/187809/enchanting-extraction-for-leveling-its-not-what-you-think

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The point of craft-swap-decon is that you get both the IP from crafting plus the IP from decon on the same character.

Unless you have only one character it is better to make Glyphs on an Alt and decon them on another. It is still better overall to go out and farm mobs as you get Equipment, Gold, Experience, Skill Increases etc along with the Glyphs.

It is a major time sink for no real benefit to trade back and forth between other players unless you have a Guild Bank to facilitate the trades. I have done this a couple of times, never doing it again.

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor

Thanks, not arguing with the hassle issues, just don't want decisions based on faulty IP data.

I re-check the pure data every major patch and DLC.

And that link left off without ever actually putting any full table of numbers while several posters were "wondering" about different IP for different glyphs. My tables are current as of this month so I'm going to post them there if you plan on re-linking for new answers.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor

And that link left off without ever actually putting any full table of numbers while several posters were "wondering" about different IP for different glyphs. My tables are current as of this month so I'm going to post them there if you plan on re-linking for new answers.

Yea, I never worried about how much Insp I was getting from various glyphs. I know over all I could save some time maximizing the glyphs I decon, but then I wonder would I spend more time (and possibly get less over all out of it) by making sure I am deconning the correct glyphs for my level and farming those mobs for them. I figure the different between deconning 10,500 glyphs and 10,001 glyphs is pretty much academic, it's still a grind either way.

I do appreciate you gathering the numbers on the various glyphs for those who want to know. Me, I just send them all to the bank and have the character I am leveling Enchanting decon until they are at 50. Not sure why, as I am not getting VR16 Runes from my hirelings or farming......

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before I had even a L50 character, following the tables was the most efficient and wasn't wasting any runes that I wanted for gear.

After leveling some decent alt-hirelings I was able to get back to my Main-Crafter and Main PVE-PVP and let their runes roll in.

After I finally got a VR1+ Main character, using the table I topped off the last little bit that I needed after passing off loot glyphs to my Alt-crafters. Especially since I get other interests and don't play my mains for a few days. Then I'll get the urge to max my alt-crafters again and have plenty of hireling stock to just get them done.

Yeah no V16, but the V15 stock is slowly growing on my hirelings plus all those Kuta is much better than getting 8 Ta survey's in Craglorn.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before I had even a L50 character, following the tables was the most efficient and wasn't wasting any runes that I wanted for gear.

Yep, if your making them on one character and deconning on another or with another player then it makes sense to maximize the material return.

I will say that Wrothgar is about the skimpiest zone for dropping glyphs from Mobs. I hope this is not a trend. Probably ZOS's way of not letting us decon VR16 glyphs. Actually, has anyone ever found a VR16 Glyph?