The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New to ESO - gathering raw materials?

dgoertze
dgoertze
Soul Shriven
A more in depth question - I am decently new to ESO, and therefore I am constantly gathering raw materials and deconstructing everything that doesn't sell to merchants for extra gold (ornate I think it's called?).

Because I'm not at a decently high level yet and I'm progressing decently with quest items, I don't like making anything with the raw materials because deconstructing gives me enough experience as it is. However, for the lower level raw materials (jute, iron ore, etc.) would it be better to find a guild and just trade the things that are no longer useful to me? Or is there even a market for that?

Thanks in advance!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wut I do is just make junk with em low mats and then sell said junk to a merchant. I bet that'll pull in more than sellin the mats...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dgoertze wrote: »
    A more in depth question - I am decently new to ESO, and therefore I am constantly gathering raw materials and deconstructing everything that doesn't sell to merchants for extra gold (ornate I think it's called?).

With gear, you have Normal/Traited, Intricate and Ornate. Ornate sells for a bunch of gold, so sell those to NPC vendors. Intricates give the most Inspiration on Decon. In fact, Decon is the way to level Equipment Crafting, not making stuff. You get almost no inspiration for making gear. For Alchemy and Provisioning you level by making stuff, but you can max both those lines out in an hour if you have the Mats. Enchanting takes forever, decon every Glyph you get that you don't need to use on your gear.

Raw Mats sell in Guild Stores, but refining them gives you the best source of Tempers for Improving Gear. You need a lot of Tempers, so make sure you invest in the Extraction Passives and you decon all the Green, Blue and Purple items you find (after you use them of course)

Also, you don't really need to craft at low levels, mob loot can take care of your needs. See this and the posts following for some good advice on how to handle crafting when starting out. Pay attention to the stuff on Traits, that is the reason you craft gear.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2510887#Comment_2510887

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"