Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thinking of returning :/ questions :)

Laranoye
Laranoye
✭✭✭
Howdy folks,
Im thinking of returning but wondering a couple of things... I am on the console..

Have they stopped messing with the templar yet? or is it still a mess :/ I generally prefer the Templar to the other classes. But tempted to make a new DK but then the DK doesnt have Jesus beamz :/

What is a good healing and tanking class? thesedays?

Also is there a text box in the game yet or not? Its the reason I before, felt complete lack of immersion and dislike having a headset on all the time and talking to people I have no clue who they are.. I like to to write in chat... and have usb/bluetooth keyboards for that..

Cheers
  • Dantonian_Rarstiana
    There is still no text on consoles. I didn't mind it at first, when I gave it a try on my xbox... until the first screaming child ran past arguing with his mom or something. I immediately shut my console off and went back to PC.

Templar are still by far the best healers. They have no competition in this area.
    DK's are still the "best" tanks, but templar are a close second. The only reason DK are preferable to Temp is the area control IMO. The survivability is there for both of them.

If you want to come back, I suggest doing it on PC. Better controls, better community, UI mods... There is just a better class of gamer on the PC. Not to say we don't have our share of derps running around, but I find it to be much more tolerable. Especially when I can't hear them.
  • Laranoye
    Laranoye
    ✭✭✭
    Haha yeah thats the problem with voicechat.

The console and pc arnt shared servers are they? Its just a few of my friends moved to console, So i got it on there too. So I still have both.

Though on PC everyone will have had a major headset start over me haha.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laranoye wrote: »
    But tempted to make a new DK but then the DK doesnt have Jesus beamz :/
    Mag DK + Soul Assault ;D
  • xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    There is just a better class of gamer on the PC.

What's the view like up there on your high horse? :) (the PC/console war will always rage - this is a friendly ribbing!)

I say come on back, OP. Give it a whirl. Jesus Beams just aren't what they used to be though. At least not in my experience.
    Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
    Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
    Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • Dantonian_Rarstiana
    xerasia wrote: »
    What's the view like up there on your high horse? :)

Quite brilliant. I use a sweetFX preset I made myself to turn all the dull colors to be extremely vibrant, and give everything a sort of "Borderlands" style shading. Its best that you don't look for any screenshots though. Ignorance is bliss. The default graphics make the game look so drained of color.
  • xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    xerasia wrote: »
    What's the view like up there on your high horse? :)

Quite brilliant. I use a sweetFX preset I made myself to turn all the dull colors to be extremely vibrant, and give everything a sort of "Borderlands" style shading. Its best that you don't look for any screenshots though. Ignorance is bliss. The default graphics make the game look so drained of color.

Lawl
    Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
    Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
    Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • Laranoye
    Laranoye
    ✭✭✭
    Just been reading forums and watching some videos and some are using DW on one of the bars with resto/destro staff? Is this still viable?
    I assume its becasue of the DW final passive which for some reason increases spell power, is this a bug or intended?

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Laranoye wrote: »
    Just been reading forums and watching some videos and some are using DW on one of the bars with resto/destro staff? Is this still viable?
    I assume its becasue of the DW final passive which for some reason increases spell power, is this a bug or intended?

DW(as well as 2h but people still go for DW because see below) provide better base spelldamage increase than staves. Just don't ask why.
    The whatever-it's-called passive that increases damage done by several % for swords is also the only one in DW line a magicka build can use. Plus, DW means 2 weapons instead of 1 so one more set bonus.
    But the main reason is the base spelldmage buff. It's significantly better than that of a staff.

I think it's an oversight(lazy coding where weapon's "damage" listed in tooltip buffs both weapon and spelldamage equally for all weapons, and staves have it lower by default; and ZOS didn't bother making an exception for staves and spelldamage because who cares) but seeing how long it's been in the game by now, it might as well be a "feature".
  • Laranoye
    Laranoye
    ✭✭✭
    DW it is then haha :) better get leveling those bad boys up :)