Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just hit rank 1. How do I gear up now?

Gothlander
Gothlander
✭✭✭✭
So I just hit lvl 50 aka veteran rank 1. Whats the best way to gear up? I have 170k alliance points do I buy the epic gear from vendor in Cyrodill or is there a better way to get gear?

And whats my purpose now that I am veteran rank 1? Do I focus on getting champion points now and gear up?
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's your first time playing I'd suggest finishing the main story / guild quests and start with the other alliances if you haven't already.
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would highly recommend saving your Alliance Points for later on.

A Vet1 you can just craft a new set for yourself or find some of the many, many awesome dropped sets. Each rank until V16, your "old" gear is going to seem more and more useless, so you'll probably want to keep upgrading every level or two. So, you should probably wait until you're Vet16 to spend hard earned AP/Gold on an expensive gear set.

Hope this helps! Have fun!
    N64 NA EP
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will just role with some blue gear from alliance points vendor. I don't really want to burn myself out questing more so.. Can I level veteran ranks by doing pvp in cyrodill?

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More so by grinding Delves in Cyrodiil
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Is this the fastest way to lvl veteran ranks? And is it true that one to gain 1 vr, is like lvling from 1-50 all over again? Wow that is insane lol.

• Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gothlander wrote: »

Is this the fastest way to lvl veteran ranks? And is it true that one to gain 1 vr, is like lvling from 1-50 all over again? Wow that is insane lol.

Its damn close lol

I know you said you are sick of quests, but, I have found that if you do the first three cities' quests in Cyrodiil (looking from the Ebonheart side), you will go up a full vet level with a Psijic potion on. Only takes about an hour and a half for me.
    N64 NA EP
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    On my second playthrough with my Templar ALT I got to about 45 or so and didn't even finish the rest of the quests.
    Mage guild tree seems to be only reason to grind lorebooks which is such a gigantic pain in the ass it should be illegal- just to get Meteor. Screw it, not going to do it. I can't believe you have to do the same *** again in 2015 to level Alts.

Once Orsinium hit I played that, dungeons, some PvP, now V4. If you have the need to grind go to Cyrodill pop an XP.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would highly recommend saving your Alliance Points for later on.

A Vet1 you can just craft a new set for yourself or find some of the many, many awesome dropped sets. Each rank until V16, your "old" gear is going to seem more and more useless, so you'll probably want to keep upgrading every level or two. So, you should probably wait until you're Vet16 to spend hard earned AP/Gold on an expensive gear set.

Hope this helps! Have fun!

I've always wondered why they never came up with a means to level gear up. Almost every MMO I can think of has a system for that, rather than just discarding everything.

Some have even turned it into a yet another micro transaction source of cash... "x' amount of "leveling" currency earned in-game, micro-trans for more. Good reason for a subscription maybe?
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think you can make it to VR16 before the next major patch (in which vet ranks will be removed, or possibly soon after that patch) then go ahead and do that, then craft or acquire some V16 gear (aka CP160 gear after Vet removal).

If that grind seems like a major pain to you, then now would be a good time to grab all the skyshards and skillpoints you can and/or level up some alts to 50. Your level 50 alts will also be able to wear all the same gear as your main (again, after Vet removal)

Basically, you will get caught up automatically to the power equivalent of Vet16 in or shortly after next major patch (likely in February).

Further details here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2457704/#Comment_2457704
    Edited by MisterBigglesworth on December 22, 2015 9:48PM
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • BreacaT
    BreacaT
    ✭✭✭
    Gothlander wrote: »

Ha, no thank goodness! If you were to complete the main quest and then follow thru cadwells silver and gold doing just the main quests required to progress, dungeons, world bosses etc as well as a few daily pledges then a level-per-zone is doable. Throw in a few xp potions/scrolls and they can help too.
    Remember red = dead and a dead dd deals no dps.