Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to not run out of majicka

Gothlander
Gothlander
✭✭✭✭
Im a lvl 48 Imperial Maj Templar and am finding myself running out of maj in pve. I put all my points in majicka and am using mostly skills from the class trees. What can I do to conserve majicka?
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What gear are you wearing? You can't go wrong with a 4 piece seducer and 4 magnus for your first character (before champion points) if you're using staffs.

If you're using dual wield/sword and board;

4 magnus on armor
    5 seducer on rest of armor and weapons

Both are craftable sets which are 3 and 4 traits, which is pretty quick to get researched.

Try to get all jewellery with magica reduction/regen. Not many sets at your level, but you get warlock at VR1 I believe.

Also use a resto staff as heavy attacks restore magica.

Other than that, slot repentance on your main bar for 10% extra regen all around. The defensive rune thing (not sure of name sorry) restores magica while standing in/recently move out of.
    Edited by Brrrofski on December 21, 2015 4:45PM
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use Rune focus > Channeled Focus.

Consider running Seducer / Willow's.

Consider another race than Imperial (not exactly an easy one to change...)

Grab some more CPs (cost reduction + extra magicka recovery).

Use drinks.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this post we hope to show how not to run out of magicka. Take Mr. E.R. Bradshaw of Napier Court, Black Lion Road London SE5. He has not run out of magicka. Now I am going to ask him to use BoL. Mr. Bradshaw will you use BoL please?

(In the distance Mr Bradshaw uses BoL - and immediatly runs out of Magicka)

This demonstrates the value of not using BoL
    Edited by Spacemonkey on December 21, 2015 5:50PM
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. Im still a noob when it comes to crafting sets. I need to research certain traits before I can craft? Iv'e crafted pieces of gear before but no sets. And I will look into using some of the abilities you guys mentioned.

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gothlander wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Im still a noob when it comes to crafting sets. I need to research certain traits before I can craft? Iv'e crafted pieces of gear before but no sets. And I will look into using some of the abilities you guys mentioned.

There are crafting stations around the zones.

Each allows you to create set items if you tab over.

Certain sets require you to know x amount of traits in said piece of armor/weapons.

For instance, for a 5 piece set of seducer's, you would need to know any 3 traits in each bit of armor/weapons.

What mundus stone are you using also?
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best bet is to switch over to stamplar. Imperial isn't the best choice for magic users.
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I switched from stam to to maj because I wanted a change of play-style. I still need to change my mundus stone. Can you recommend best stone for majicka user? And to craft those set pieces, I have to learn 3 traits in all the slots? That is a lot of time to research.

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 Seducer and the rest Magnus since you claim to still be somewhat new to this. You could ask around for someone to craft them for you since they are the easiest sets to craft due to only needing 3 and 4 traits. Also go for the Attronach Mundus stone for extra magica recovery. Once you have all that in place, you will see a HUGE difference. I remember how happy i was when i wore my first crafted set, which was 5 Seducer and 3 Magnus, lol. The difference is huge i tell you!!
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I switched from stam to to maj because I wanted a change of play-style. I still need to change my mundus stone. Can you recommend best stone for majicka user? And to craft those set pieces, I have to learn 3 traits in all the slots? That is a lot of time to research.

Atronach mundus will give you increased magicka regen. You can enchant your big pieces (hat, legs, chest) with infused and add a max magicka enchant to them, then go divines on the rest, which will give a bonus to the regen you get from your mundus.
    Do you have any friends or guild members you trust that can help you craft the set while you research the traits yourself?
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    5 Seducer and the rest Magnus since you claim to still be somewhat new to this. You could ask around for someone to craft them for you since they are the easiest sets to craft due to only needing 3 and 4 traits. Also go for the Attronach Mundus stone for extra magica recovery. Once you have all that in place, you will see a HUGE difference. I remember how happy i was when i wore my first crafted set, which was 5 Seducer and 3 Magnus, lol. The difference is huge i tell you!!

Hmm I will see if I can find someone to craft that set for me. I have mats maybe I can let them have it. They can be crafted at any lvl right? Like I can make a set for a lvl 10 player?

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hmm I will see if I can find someone to craft that set for me. I have mats maybe I can let them have it. They can be crafted at any lvl right? Like I can make a set for a lvl 10 player?

Yes, any level as long as you use the appropriate material for that level. Since you're level 48, I would recommend waiting until you reach VR1 to make your gear. That way you're using a new material with better stats than the last, and it should last you slightly longer. That is up for you to decide, though. If you feel you need it at level 48 asap, then go for that.
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, any level as long as you use the appropriate material for that level. Since you're level 48, I would recommend waiting until you reach VR1 to make your gear. That way you're using a new material with better stats than the last, and it should last you slightly longer. That is up for you to decide, though. If you feel you need it at level 48 asap, then go for that.

Nah, I will get someone to make lvl 50 set. I need direction to a site that has all the sets in the game.

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no level 50. It goes from 49 to vet 1.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Set+Bonus+Crafting+Locations

All craftable sets
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My Templar never ran out of Magic during Leveling.

5 Piece Seducer (Preferably Light for all the nice Magic Passives)
    3 Piece whatever (Torugs would be a good choice, so would Magnus)

Put Spell Cost Reduction Glyphs on all 3 pieces of Jewelry. Make the Jewelry Arcane so it boosts your magic, and Purple so you get the most magic boost. I would put Purple Spell Cost Reduction Glyphs on the Jewelry if you can swing it. Jewelry does not need to be part of a set, but Syrbane would be a nice way to go for the rings for some more Regen.

Your Mundus will depend.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    Do the undaunted's or look for willpower jewelry in guild stores. sometimes you get lucky and find a cheap set.
    I found two willpower/arcane for 4K each -swords.
    I like Juliannos/Magnus combo at level V1, with dual wield and resto.
    At level V4 I have decided that 5 Juliannos, Willpower rings/swords/resto and Magicka Furnace (neck)/ 2piece might be the best overall combo for me.
    Oh also look for the bonus spell pots/spell critical if you can that gives you better overall power/regen than straight Magicka pots.. Not as many in the past but they are there, plus bi-food (blue)
    Edited by puffy99 on December 21, 2015 6:07PM