Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 Patch Downloads

Samphaa
Samphaa
✭✭✭
Hi guys n gals

I play on PS4 and have a slight problem, when I bought this game I had an initial 14GB patch to download, which was fine. When the next patch came in my update resumed at the 14GB and went up to 16GB, so in effect a 2GB patch. When imperial city launched it took this up to 18/19GB but my download didn't resume from the last one and I had to download the full 18GB again for whatever reason. Now Orsinium is out we're up to 24GB and once again my download has started from 0. Can anyone shed any light on why this keeps happening to me? I don't want to have to keep re-downloading all of the data everytime a patch gets released on a 4mb/s connection, it takes forever.

Thanks in advance.
  • Krampus000
    Mine was 24 also, I guess we have no choice in the matter :neutral:
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine was 24, but it actually started at about 14. So only needed 10gb.

Unfortunately, I got home late and will probably not play tonight.
  • RazielDERF
    RazielDERF
    ✭✭✭
    Consider yourselves very fortunate considering how much data the game is taking up on your consoles. PC version as a stand alone runs at 44.8 gigs. And if you want to be apart of the PTS (Public Test Server) which will allow you to test out future DLCs and updates it will take up 89.8 gigs total as it is taking up on my PC.

For the most part any PC game that is also available on console will have a slightly stripped down version taking up less data on consoles. It is simply the way the game is developed to improve the performance of the hardware specs to the best of it's ability.
  • Samphaa
    Samphaa
    ✭✭✭
    I understand that, I have no problem with the size or the hard drive space, I have a problem where all of my data I've already downloaded gets reset everytime a new patch is released. It's a ps4 problem.

Before I started playing ESO I played on xbox, each xbox download counts as an individual download, so you only download the latest part (what you need). If a game has had 16gb of patches in the past and a new update of 2gb gets released, that 2gb download pops up on its own, when it's done you can carry on playing.

Ps4 downloads carry on from the previous stage, so if you've downloaded the previous 16gb and a 2gb patch gets released, ps4 will start the download at 16gb and go to 18gb, mine however does not and starts at 0 everytime.