Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Time to Add New Trait or Nirnhoned in Crown Store!

ADarklore
ADarklore
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
With them now having three crafting stations requiring having learned nine traits, and Nirnhoned being the ONLY option to reach nine traits yet Nirnhoned is still rare and way too expensive to purchase full sets... I think they need to either add another crafting trait that is easier to access or they should sell Nirnhoned in the Crown Store like they do Malachite. It is ridiculous that they have crafting stations which require such rarity of traits that very few have access too and those that do can charge outrageous prices just to access the trait to even research. I don't mind a grind, but this type of grind is just poorly done especially considering the time frame to actually learn NINE traits.

Thus, I think ZOS should consider adding Nirnhoned to the Crown Store or a tenth trait needs to be added the game. How about it @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_RichLambert ???
CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really, getting Nirncrux is not that hard. Just spend a bit of time farming nodes in Craglorn, either upper or lower, and you should be able to find at least one stone in an hour. And if you belong to a guild, usually someone will be able to make you a piece just by sending him the stone. I do it all the time for my guildies. I doubt you will see anything in the Crown store that can alter your build because that's on the edge of P2W.
  • Marukeru
    Marukeru
    ✭✭
    I'd think it would be boring to have easy access to all 9 traits.
    They added a new trait and added craftable gear that required said trait to be researched.

If they decided to add a 10th trait, they'd follow suit with craftable gear that requires 10 traits.

In all honesty, I'm content with how the current setup is. Gives me goals to reach for where I won't reach them too easily and get bored, saying "There's nothing to do, I've done it all."

I hope to not see Trait gear in the Crown store. Kind of a full blown shortcut, imo
  • Erdmanski
    Erdmanski
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the solution to everything being "throw it in the crown store", but ZOS needs to make nirncrux available from Wrothgar nodes or add them to treasure map chests or hireling mails or something. Simply collecting crafting surveys was a decent source for nirncrux and it had dropped to a decent price after it was nerfed, but with crafting surveys now being collected in Wrothgar, the flow of nirncrux has slowed down drastically and the price has skyrocketed.

So while I agree there needs to be another source for nirncrux, I do not support selling it in the crown store.

• Count_Dracula
    Count_Dracula
    ✭✭✭
    The nirnhoned pieces are very cheap in guild stores. I've gotten all my light, medium, and heavy armor for 8000-12000.. Weapons are a little more expensive 15000-21000 a piece.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh my god....

The economy is in such a slow state as there is virtually nothing to sell and you want to go and take one of the few things left (Nirncrux) that's farmable and sellable and chuck it in the crown store???

Wow...

Oh.. and no. There is no way that the highest performing magicka weapon trait should EVER be in the crown store.

That would be jumping WAY over the pay to win line!!!

Hopefully ZoS keeps to their word... Nirncrux is not cosmetic, so in theory should never be in there.

Also... Nirn is easy to aquire... go farm nodes, do writs, buy from guild stores. It's readily available if you want it. It's not like a MA weapon, or purple V16 robust briarheart rings! ;)
    Edited by Flaminir on December 16, 2015 5:35PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Count_Dracula
    Count_Dracula
    ✭✭✭
    What ever happen to people enjoying the great feeling you get from completing something hard?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy it from a guild trader
    Buy an item and deconstruct it
    Go farm it

Honestly getting the item is easy.

For the traits. 10K for a nirn item, not too bad really to permanently be able to craft your own version.

Thank you ZoS for end game crafting! Thank you for giving us crafters something to sell after puttin in all the effort to make 9 trait items. Please do not take my hard work away, please don't ruin our economy.

I saw a twice born chest going for 150k. Im thinkin ill make one purp for... oh 50ish k, muhahaha, im so poor
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the suggestions are fine IF you only want to say craft one set of Light armor and one weapon. But if you're like me and have alts who use a variety of weapons and armor types... it can get extremely expensive let alone time consuming. Right now I learn traits on sword, 2H, dagger, maul, bow, inferno, restoration... plus all Light, Medium and Heavy armor. If they continue to add nine trait crafting sets, then they really NEED TO do something... a start would be increasing the node drop rate in Craglorn AND as others have suggested, putting nodes in other locations such as Orsinium or Cyrodiil.

Sure 10K per piece of armor to learn a trait may sound OK, but multiply that x7 then x3... that's 210K just to learn nine traits on all armor and then figure 25K+ per weapon that I learn x7 that's 175K... 385K just to learn traits so you can craft at a station... OUTRAGEOUS IMO.

I didn't really think the suggestion of the Crown Store was valid... but the point was to get some attention on this subject. Adding nine trait crafting stations and then not increasing the access to be able to craft nine traits is not a good system. Some people want to play the game, not spend all their time farming for a tiny chance to get a trait item.

Granted... right now there isn't really any uber sets, but the Morkuldin sounds cool... I don't think Twice Born is as popular as it once was tho.

I'm mainly just thinking about the future of the game IF they continue adding nine trait stations... it really does limit how many people can access those stations and I don't think it's fair to expect players to shell out that kind of money to access them.
    Edited by ADarklore on December 17, 2015 1:07AM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    All of the suggestions are fine IF you only want to say craft one set of Light armor and one weapon. But if you're like me and have alts who use a variety of weapons and armor types... it can get extremely expensive let alone time consuming. Right now I learn traits on sword, 2H, dagger, maul, bow, inferno, restoration... plus all Light, Medium and Heavy armor. If they continue to add nine trait crafting sets, then they really NEED TO do something... a start would be increasing the node drop rate in Craglorn AND as others have suggested, putting nodes in other locations such as Orsinium or Cyrodiil.

Sure 10K per piece of armor to learn a trait may sound OK, but multiply that x7 then x3... that's 210K just to learn nine traits on all armor and then figure 25K+ per weapon that I learn x7 that's 175K... 385K just to learn traits so you can craft at a station... OUTRAGEOUS IMO.

I didn't really think the suggestion of the Crown Store was valid... but the point was to get some attention on this subject. Adding nine trait crafting stations and then not increasing the access to be able to craft nine traits is not a good system. Some people want to play the game, not spend all their time farming for a tiny chance to get a trait item.

Granted... right now there isn't really any uber sets, but the Morkuldin sounds cool... I don't think Twice Born is as popular as it once was tho.

I'm mainly just thinking about the future of the game IF they continue adding nine trait stations... it really does limit how many people can access those stations and I don't think it's fair to expect players to shell out that kind of money to access them.

That money gets spread out over a long period of time. You can only research three per craft at a time, and that research takes a while. You don't have to buy them all right away. Plenty of time for you to earn more money and/or farm them while you wait.
    PC/EU DC
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    I got one idea for a 10th triat
    1.rejuvenate
    • armor: restore ?% of armor's value every ? seconds
    • weapons recharge enchantment by ?% every ? Seconds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no alts and I have minimum 7 traits researched on all medium armor, 8 on all heavy (9 on one) 8 on all wood and 8 on all light. I started a month after console release, it's really not ridiculous at all. Within 2 months ill have all traits researched.

I mean during the down time I hit up guild traders for trait items
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »

Agreed.

That money gets spread out over a long period of time. You can only research three per craft at a time, and that research takes a while. You don't have to buy them all right away. Plenty of time for you to earn more money and/or farm them while you wait.

I bought every single piece of gear from guild stores to research all my nirnhoned. When I stopped playing 4 months after launch, there was no such nirnhoned. I have been researching it since B2P and just have 2 more researching for clothing.

It was expensive, but when each research takes 30 day, I only had to buy one piece of gear per 3 or 4 days on average.

It is a bit absurd to hear someone say "shell[ing] out that kind of money" when referring to in-game currency. Nevermind that the amount can be easily obtained without grinding over the amount of time it takes to do the research.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have no alts and I have minimum 7 traits researched on all medium armor, 8 on all heavy (9 on one) 8 on all wood and 8 on all light. I started a month after console release, it's really not ridiculous at all. Within 2 months ill have all traits researched.

I think you need to recalculate the time it will take you to complete the research for all 14 clothing slots.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    With them now having three crafting stations requiring having learned nine traits, and Nirnhoned being the ONLY option to reach nine traits yet Nirnhoned is still rare and way too expensive to purchase full sets... I think they need to either add another crafting trait that is easier to access or they should sell Nirnhoned in the Crown Store like they do Malachite. It is ridiculous that they have crafting stations which require such rarity of traits that very few have access too and those that do can charge outrageous prices just to access the trait to even research. I don't mind a grind, but this type of grind is just poorly done especially considering the time frame to actually learn NINE traits.

Thus, I think ZOS should consider adding Nirnhoned to the Crown Store or a tenth trait needs to be added the game. How about it @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_RichLambert ???

You only have to buy the nirnhoned trait once and then you too can sell it for those prices. Selling it in the crown store is a terrible idea.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As others have said, you don't have to purchase it all at once. Shop around for good prices. At one time, I thought that Nirn was out of my reach, but I then I decided I would at least make a start and shopped around for a few pieces I could afford. As the weeks went by, I kept checking guild traders and picking up pieces at prices I was willing to pay and could afford.

I've been farming my own Nirn, and have found most from the surveys, but have found a few from regular nodes. I was even lucky to get 2 Nirn from a node with the Champion passive. I've only found a couple of potents so far; fortified drops more commonly for me.

You should think of 9-trait set gear as end-game items for crafters. No, I don't mean the sets are necessarily end-game gear, but that they are gear that is an "end-game" goal for crafters - something for them to aim for. Just because a 9-trait set is introduced, it doesn't mean that everyone should immediately be able to craft it. They are goals for crafters to shoot for.

And, no, Nirn shouldn't be in the Crown Store, as that would be p2w. They aren't cosmetic items.

EDIT: Also, there are many viable sets at the lower trait requirements, so there are many options for crafters. You don't have to know 9 traits to make some really good gear.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 17, 2015 6:34PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To put it bluntly, not everyone should be a 9 trait crafter. It's something that should be worked for. If you don't want to put in the work, then settle for 8 traits.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

I think you need to recalculate the time it will take you to complete the research for all 14 clothing slots.

K? 20 days for 9th, 3 at a time, screw medium armor, so 6 of 7 will be in 40 days, 20 for 7th. Equals 60, aka 2 months. I should have specified for heavy and light.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 days for the 9th trait? I thought 27 days was the minimum with the 30 day passive and +10% ESO+. Have I missed something that will reduce my times even more?
    Edited by Number_51 on December 18, 2015 8:06PM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    20 days for the 9th trait? I thought 27 days was the minimum with the 30 day passive and +10% ESO+. Have I missed something that will reduce my times even more?

I think he mentioned that he only has 7 traits on clothing. So nirnhoned would only be the 8th trait. I don't know what the time is for 8th. Been a while.
  • Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, please just no.

Do not give Zenimax ideas going in the direction of P2W and damaging for the economy.

It's easy to get nirncrux.

• Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    K? 20 days for 9th, 3 at a time, screw medium armor, so 6 of 7 will be in 40 days, 20 for 7th. Equals 60, aka 2 months. I should have specified for heavy and light.

Been in since launch and just last weekend finished my last 9th trait! I did miss a few weeks when Nirncrux came out. I didn't have the gold or nirncrux to start research for a while.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Been in since launch and just last weekend finished my last 9th trait! I did miss a few weeks when Nirncrux came out. I didn't have the gold or nirncrux to start research for a while.

That's awesome, I feel stupid as I have had 9 traits done on my heavy chest for a while now, meaning I could be so much farther along had I paid attention.

Just to it up a bit: I was rounding and using my current research times, as some are closer to being done than others. I didn't think my not being exact would mess with people lol sorry.

Edit: either way, its not that long over all to get what you need
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 19, 2015 4:43AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds