Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rant, rant, rant...

moncho
moncho
Hi there!

Im new playr in ESO. I've been keeping an eye out for the game. Reading reviews, watching playthroughs and so on.
Now I've decided it's the right time to jump in the game. I've been playing for a month... Well there are some minor bugs and so on, nothing sensational but....

I've had (and still have) a lvl 7 dragon knight that got stuck in Betnikh. Out of nowhere. As I was playing the game crashed. Bam. I can't log in. Each time, on the login screen, I get a crash message that I can report and that's it.

I've made another character (DK again) and AGAIN got stuck in Betnikh. Can't log in... same story.

I've opened a ticket for both problems. The first was probably two weeks ago. Now it's more than 4 hours and no answer.

Whats the point then? Should I just make another character and avoid Betnikh?

Trying to climatize in the game is hard enough as its quite different that other mmo's on its own.. But getting stuck so early on is outrageous.

Sorry for the rant but it's very hard for me to justify spending anymore time in the game when I can just jump back to more well known territories (cough... WoW).
  • Autkast
    Autkast
    Ugh, this sucks. I've never had any issues with repeated crashes on Live servers. I mean, ok maybe I crashed and then crashed on log in, but not to the point where I want to create a new character! My guess would be either a memory or GFX issue? But, that is purely guess.

I know that the crash reports, generally, provide good info to the devs. Did you submit those just in case you do not have a snowflake scenario?

Out of curiosity did you happen to do the exact same thing on both crashes?

Hopefully ZOS will be able to help on this a bit.
  • moncho
    moncho
    Both crashes were on the quest Into the Hills but happened on a different level into the quest.

I've submitted like 7-8 crash reports...
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been problems with players entering specific zones.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2511878#Comment_2511878

@ZOS_GinaBruno is this a problem area ?
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • moncho
    moncho
    Im on EU server.

Btw couple of weeks ago my game launcher went nuts. When starting it it starts to do some sort of an update then it says there is no space and can't start the game.
    I have more than 80 gigs of space on the local disc with ESO installed.
    The I tried running the game as administrator (win 7 64 ult) and all works fine. No updates pending whatsoever. Hitting the play button is fine. Been playing that way 2 weeks or so.

Should I repair the game? Will this take forever?

I assume this is server based issue with my characters stuck in certain zones. Same thing as WoW errors.

unfortunately I can't see how can I unstuck or teleport my character in a different zone from the site/acc management.

BTW it's been more than7 hours and no answer to my ticket..
  • moncho
    moncho
    I'm able to log in with my other characters but not the two DKs...
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moncho wrote: »
    I'm able to log in with my other characters but not the two DKs...

I ran into a "stuck" character before. Waaaay back though when the game was still pretty new on PC. What I did is I emailed support and said "I cannot log into my X Character named X, they are currently in X. Can you please move them to a safe location such as X(Maybe your starting city)?

They emailed me back saying they moved my character and all was fine. That doesn't really fix the issue, but should get you going for the time being at least.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • moncho
    moncho
    Well here it's 12:30 AM so there is no point to push the issue any further for now.

I'll await for an answer tomorrow and see what will happen.

As I said I've been playing for a month or so, averaging 2 at most a day which is not a lot for a new game. And ESO is a HUUUGE game to jump in to in the first place...

So.. im not sure if im really have that enthusiasm to play the game, as I had when I first heard of the game and the first few days when I started playing... Which is a shame, really. I'm fan of The Elder Scrolls but I'm feeling turned off more and more.
    And when you add holidays and family gatherings, full tables and cups with ale in the equation the light and enjoyment may completely die... :(
  • moncho
    moncho
    Update:
    I've logged in with another lvl 6 character. Did the same quest line that leads to Betnikh. Took up the same quest Into the Hills aaaand.. bam. Error. Same problem, 3 different characters.
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭
    @moncho

If you have a toon somehow stuck in some zone, what I did before is I use my working toon that can logon to the game and go to Customer Support in-game and send them a message that 1 of my toon is stuck. What they do is they port your stuck toon to a safe place, usually near a wayshrine.

Sending information via Crash Report window is useless. You'll not going to get anything from that. Customer Support in-game is your best bet.

Hope this helps.
    PC NA

Games are meant to be played.

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or dont do the quest?

Eso is a great game but you dont have to do every single quest there is
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beesting wrote: »
    Or dont do the quest?

Eso is a great game but you dont have to do every single quest there is

Are you serious?
  • moncho
    moncho
    I understand there might be some bugged quests but to the point that you can't log in... Cmon...
    I'll contact in game support when later today when i get the chance to play.
  • Autkast
    Autkast
    Any luck with this?
  • moncho
    moncho
    Haven't played the game since I have no time for it. Maybe tonight (its 9:30 AM here) i'll be able to log in and ask for in game support , since I there is no word from the ESO team about this problem.

I find it disappointing that there is no answer to my question/ticket via the site support system.
  • moncho
    moncho
    I wrote an ingame ticket and reported the quest as bugged (at least for me).

Funny thing is the support system says - you have an opened ticket... :)

Fun times with ESO.... :disappointed:
  • moncho
    moncho
    Okay...

I got an email..

"For most in-game issues such missing NPCs or quests not advancing correctly, you can resolve them yourself by logging out for five minutes then logging back in. This will load you into a new game instance and refresh your surroundings. Please make sure you’ve attempted that first"

This is unbelievable... It's been more than two days and that's the answer I get.

I already feel switched off and this adds more.
  • Autkast
    Autkast
    Ah, yep, canned message.

I wish I had an idea of what is going on for you. Maybe something is wrong with your client? Have you tried doing a repair on the patcher to see if that helps clear anything up?

I have not seen anyone else comment on here and say they are having a similar issue, but by the title I doubt anyone else would think to look here for a Betnikh bug.

My inquisitive mind wonders: does this happen to you in the other factions as well? Does this happen when you attempt to go to any other zone, or is it just going into Betnikh?

I know not helpful, just thinking on-screen. Hopefully since you got the canned message someone will actually help later as well.
    Edited by Autkast on December 17, 2015 8:12PM
  • moncho
    moncho
    Funny thing is as I said, when running the launcher it starts to update, but it says that there is no space, yet I have 70gb of free space.
    I've tried running the launcher as administrator and it all works fine but there is no update pending. I can click the play button and that's it. The game runs fine.

Now I've tried running the launcher normally and did a repair. Now its downloading 3 gigs, but the speed is very slow.. At the moments its... 0...
  • Autkast
    Autkast
    Ouch, I feel you pain on that, I've had some fairly slow downloads, but my internet connection is not great. I hope it resolves it for you, odd that this is happening though.
  • moncho
    moncho
    Strange... The launcher downloaded 30 gigs.. Then a patch 3 gigs.. And the still says not enough space..
    Did repair too.
    When i run the launcher as administrator it's ok.

Btw my characters were ported amd its all right. I can play with all of them.
  • Autkast
    Autkast
    Yea, I know that when the patcher is thinking about things it will patch a bit, analyze a bit, and download a bit. Glad that your characters got ported last night, at least you are able to continue playing. I might avoid Betnikh since it seems to not like you entering :smile:

Hopefully you can figure out the space issue, being able to patch reliably would be important.

Happy Adventuring