Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Penalized for having the Orsinium DLC...

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
So, we are being penalized for having purchased the DLC. How? Because all of our writs are now being completed in Orsinium - and therefore we are getting surveys for Orsinium - which means... No nirncrux. So, those who don't own the DLC get the surveys in Craglorn still.

This is a MASSIVE reason to NOT have ESO plus or purchase the DLC. I think Zenimax might have dropped the ball on this one.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That really sucks. Maybe I'll just rush all the quests so I can cancel my membership next month. The only reason I started doing writs was for the craglorn surveys. I just need one more potent Nirncrux!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just respec and only take skills/one of them to 9 for a while to get your nirn
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <Facepalm> You don't need any particular level of writs or surveys to get nirncrux, either fortified or potent. All you have to do is go back to upper Craglorn and farm resources nodes for a 30-60 minutes. They show up quite often as the drop rate was buffed by quite a bit. I've got about three dozen of each. You don't have to wait to do a writ and see if you get a survey.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • lefthandovgod
    If you have an alt, I would just do it with them. I have one guy in wrothgar to get the new mats, and one in craglorn to keep getting the craglorn surveys
    PS4 NA - Trials of Oblivion
    VMOL complete
    Multiple Toons at my disposal
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Just respec and only take skills/one of them to 9 for a while to get your nirn

This.

Or you could just... farm for the nirn. Since there is a chance for nirn now in all of Crag, you should do okay. Its not the end of the world!
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have an alt, I would just do it with them. I have one guy in wrothgar to get the new mats, and one in craglorn to keep getting the craglorn surveys

Same. This is the way to do it. Have crafting 9/10 on a few alts and do Craglorn writs on those. It sucks resetting all skill points I know, but still worth it.

At least for now until they buff Wrothgar Writs. They just costs a bunch of money to do(especially clothier) and you cant get anything special from the maps.

Also there's nirn dropping in both upper and lower Craglorn since last patch. So it's not as hard to find as it used to.
  • LostRedden
    LostRedden
    ✭✭✭
    Nirncrux loads in wood, ore, and clothing nodes in all of Craglorn now. Via the patch notes. I got some in south western two days ago.
    Vet 16 Magicka Sorc DPS, V16 Stam Sorc DPS, V16 Stamina Templar DPS, V16 Dragonknight Tank/DPS, V1 Stamina NB DPS
    |PS4 NA AD| [Guild Leader of IMaG]

Vet 1 Magicka Sorc b]PS4 NA DC[/b

Vet 3 Stam Sorc DPS [PC AD]
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »
    <Facepalm> You don't need any particular level of writs or surveys to get nirncrux, either fortified or potent. All you have to do is go back to upper Craglorn and farm resources nodes for a 30-60 minutes. They show up quite often as the drop rate was buffed by quite a bit. I've got about three dozen of each. You don't have to wait to do a writ and see if you get a survey.

You can "facepalm" all you want. I have spent about 20-30 hours in Upper Craglorn farming nodes without a single crux to show for it. I have about a dozen of each right now, but all of them have come via Craglorn crafting surveys... so, obviously, I'm GUTTED that the well for those has well and truly dried up.

It just seems a little crappy to me that we would have to find a work around ourselves to ensure we get what we need - just because we've spent good money on this game (I'm an ESO plus member). To stop Orsinium I have to let my plus membership lapse... which, believe me, I'm willing to do - as are others.

I think Zenimax should at least have the crux dropping in the surveys in Wrothgar to balance it out. The rewards for doing the writs are already useless...
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, this bugs me a lot. I'm even considering respec and go back to doing only v14 writs.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's why I'm still having 8 (not 9 or 10) skill points put in both clothing and woodworking (I'm not into blacksmithing cause I don't need this one at all). The mats are cheaper when I need to buy them so that's the reason.
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    I haven't noticed any nirn-crux mines while I was Orsinium yet, you?
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirncrux can be farmed in craglorn without writs.

What's annoying is that it seems that you can't get Psijic Ambrosia fragments. I did get some glass style fragments, but never - ambrosia. Did you anyone loot it?
  • skckzeybek
    skckzeybek
    ✭✭
    solution could be to have only 9 of 10 points in blacksmithing, woodworking, tailoring, enchanting. So you get v14 writs -> that can only be completed in Craglorn. Same to alchemy you need only 5 of 6 points to get v14 writs in craglorn.
    Edited by skckzeybek on November 25, 2015 11:03AM
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easiest fix for this would be to put Nirncruxes in Orsinium. If needed, it could be based off the material type gathered so anything Void/Nightwood related or higher you get the same drop chance as Craglorn.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    So, we are being penalized for having purchased the DLC. How? Because all of our writs are now being completed in Orsinium - and therefore we are getting surveys for Orsinium - which means... No nirncrux. So, those who don't own the DLC get the surveys in Craglorn still.

This is a MASSIVE reason to NOT have ESO plus or purchase the DLC. I think Zenimax might have dropped the ball on this one.

i´m even more *** up because of not owning orisnium i cant even finish my writs...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »

I think the whole of Craglorn drops Nirncrux now, not just upper.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Orsinium Writs can only be done if you are Veteran Rank and have maxed the craft out entirely. Otherwise you do them elsewhere!

Nirncrux can now be found in Lower Craglorn as well as Upper!

Zenimax is considering making Nirncrux available in places other than Craglorn in the future.

As has been stated you don't need a survey to collect Nirncrux.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on November 25, 2015 4:10PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As also stated, I have NEVER gotten a nirncrux from anything BUT a survey in Craglorn. 20-30 hours of solid farming was fruitless for me.
  • gbsteve
    gbsteve
    ✭✭

As also stated, I have NEVER gotten a nirncrux from anything BUT a survey in Craglorn. 20-30 hours of solid farming was fruitless for me.

I think your ESO is just broke. I think you should trade in the disc for a new one and it should fix the problem.
    VR3 - Stamblade
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Your bad RNG finding nirn has nothing to do with Orsinium. I've gotten nirn from surveys and farming in Craglorn since the DLC dropped. Perhaps your character is just unlucky. I've found that some of my characters get better drops than others. Weird, but I've heard the same from other players. Bottom-line is your complaint has some merit, but is not a major issue to most players.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • AmmonErebos
    AmmonErebos
    ✭✭✭
    You are not penalised for owning Orsinium.. you are penalised for upgrading your crafting proficiency without realising it will move you to Wrothgar... it is no different to lower level alts who can't get to Craglorn (and now Wrothgar) writs because they have not completed main story to access Coldhabor and therefore couldn't get those writs
  • Young_Archiebold
    Young_Archiebold
    ✭✭✭
    Easy fix to a small problem, I love the new writs as I'm saving tons of money/time farming/buying nightwood. If I absolutely need a nirncrux 5-10 min lookin around usually gets me 1, sometimes none, and sometimes 2.
    Edited by Young_Archiebold on November 30, 2015 7:10PM
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy fix to a small problem, I love the new writs as I'm saving tons of money/time farming/buying nightwood. If I absolutely need a nirncrux 5-10 min lookin around usually gets me 1, sometimes none, and sometimes 2.

I don't understand this. Ruby Ash costs approx 400g each. That's 6000g worth to make 1 item. Before, the writs for nightwood would require about 100 nightwood, which comes out to about 1000-1500g worth.

Also, I could get a stack of nightwood in 15 minutes (still can). It takes a lot longer than 15 mins to get 15 Ruby Ash.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are not penalised for owning Orsinium.. you are penalised for upgrading your crafting proficiency without realising it will move you to Wrothgar... it is no different to lower level alts who can't get to Craglorn (and now Wrothgar) writs because they have not completed main story to access Coldhabor and therefore couldn't get those writs

I didn't upgrade my proficiency. It was already maxed and I was doing my writs in Craglorn... when Orsinium DLC hit, it moved the top level writs to Orsinium... You realize that, right? Every writ got a "bump" due to the new DLC.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... I spent 2 days solid farming in Craglorn and didn't get a single crux. I ended up having to drop my writs down a level (which sucks, because I have to respec each time I want to do that - which means I can't craft my V16 gear when I do that) and I got a couple of crux from a few surveys in Craglorn. Would probably have been cheaper for me to buy the nirncrux due to the cost of respec.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I wish it was possible to turn off the DLC when picking up the quest.

I want to respec my improvement alt and only use the skill points to be able to Craglorn writs. The downside is he won't get max level materials from hirelings. I suppose that mats aren't a big deal these days with mats so abundant in Wrothgar. I don't use him to actually craft gear as he has almost no motifs. I just use him for improving gear so I can save the 9 skill points on my main gear crafter. I have been accumulating way too much of the v14 materials since I bought Orsinium so I might respec him.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Your bad RNG finding nirn has nothing to do with Orsinium. I've gotten nirn from surveys and farming in Craglorn since the DLC dropped. Perhaps your character is just unlucky. I've found that some of my characters get better drops than others. Weird, but I've heard the same from other players. Bottom-line is your complaint has some merit, but is not a major issue to most players.

It isn't related to anything in his character. That is just the nature of improbably events. It is like rolling a 20 sided die 20 times with your left hand and getting 3 rolls of 20. Then, you roll with your right, and get zero rolls of 20. It would be silly to say your left is more likely to get a 20 so use your left if you need a 20.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just respeced an alt so that and alt crafter can do 3 gear writs in Craglorn. Resolved, apart from the lost value in hireling deliveries.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    400 per Ruby Ash???? Im sitting on roughly 400,000 gold worth of Ruby Ash.... very informative.

I wonder why its so high?

What's everyone tryin to get from the writs?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's everyone tryin to get from the writs?

Legendary tempers.