The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PS4 7th core unlocked for devs. What does this mean for ESO?

MaKTaiL
MaKTaiL
✭✭✭✭
2 months ago the PS4 dev kit was updated to allow the use of the 7th processor core by the devs. Dying Light is one game that will get an update next year to improve graphics and performance on consoles and the 7th core is likely why this is happening. Does Zenimax have any plans to take advantage of this new core and improve framerate and/or graphics for the PS4 version of ESO? It would be awesome if they did.
  • beerninja
    beerninja
    ✭✭✭
    I made this same post on this forum a while back and no dev answered. I don't think the devs read this forum :'( I think they sometimes read the general forum though but if you post it in there all the little pvp children will attack you for not being able to afford a pc like their mommies and daddies bought them
  • MaKTaiL
    MaKTaiL
    ✭✭✭✭
    beerninja wrote: »
    I made this same post on this forum a while back and no dev answered. I don't think the devs read this forum :'( I think they sometimes read the general forum though but if you post it in there all the little pvp children will attack you for not being able to afford a pc like their mommies and daddies bought them

That's why I didn't post there. :smile:
  • xIOrcaIx
    xIOrcaIx
    ✭✭
    I think i read somewhere on Neogaf that the 7th CPU core will for the moment only be available for First Party Studios like Naughty Dog and they will release it at some later point to third party devs.

Still they need the optimise the game because most areas the game runs under 30 fps and i wont even talk about Cyrodill, this thing is a slide show also texture poppin is massive in some areas.
    Edited by xIOrcaIx on December 17, 2015 5:10PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We do have plans to take advantage of the 7th processor core in some capacity, and are still discussing the exact details internally.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MaKTaiL
    MaKTaiL
    ✭✭✭✭
    We do have plans to take advantage of the 7th processor core in some capacity, and are still discussing the exact details internally.

OMG! That's great! Thanks for answering this thread. :smile:
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way!!! AWESOME NEW'S!

Please implement the white streak's when swinging a melee weapon in Pvp! This is so flashy and nice looking. This is available on pc but not on console. Can console squeeze it in now?

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on December 17, 2015 5:35PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xIOrcaIx wrote: »
    I think i read somewhere on Neogaf that the 7th CPU core will for the moment only be available for First Party Studios like Naughty Dog and they will release it at some later point to third party devs.

Still they need the optimise the game because most areas the game runs under 30 fps and i wont even talk about Cyrodill, this thing is a slide show also texture poppin is massive in some areas.
    xIOrcaIx wrote: »

The game is capped at 30fps on console, so you'll always be at or under 30 fps, regardless of any updates.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's awesome!
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    No way!!! AWESOME NEW'S!

Please implement the white streak's when swinging a melee weapon in Pvp! This is so flashy and nice looking. This is available on pc but not on console. Can console squeeze it in now?

No, hell no.

Fix lag and DCs, implement timers and latency metters, text chat and upgrade the UI. Then do cosmetics.
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

"Did I pay full price for a beta?" ...