Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Leveling Up Hirelings Worth It?

Smitch_59
Smitch_59
✭✭✭✭✭
So I have all the hirelings but I've only allocated one skill point to each. Is it worth it to level up the hirelings to 3/3? Are the deliveries that much better from a fully-leveled hireling?
By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should at least level it up to 2/3 in my opinion. The deliveries are better.

Although, only 3/3 if it's realistic for you. You don't just get 2 mails per day automatically, you need to log in every 12 hours to get those 2 mails.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Heroborg
    Heroborg
    ✭✭
    Depends if you want extra supplies i also have extra skill points so i do all the time. What level are you? That plays a large part.
    Daggerfall Covenant Loyalist
  • Codeman1976
    Codeman1976
    ✭✭✭
    I suggest what MissBizz suggested. It seems to me at least that the best drops are when I have 2/3 upgraded than when the hirelings are at 3/3. I have yet to get a single Psijic Ambrosia recipe fragment which is just my luck I suppose. Anyway, I hope this helped.
    PS4 NA
    Codeman1976
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heroborg wrote: »
    Depends if you want extra supplies i also have extra skill points so i do all the time. What level are you? That plays a large part.

I just made it to VR8. I have some skill points I haven't allocated yet. I think I will go to 2/3 for my hirelings and see what kind of stuff I get. Thanks for the input, everyone!
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smitch_59 wrote: »
    So I have all the hirelings but I've only allocated one skill point to each. Is it worth it to level up the hirelings to 3/3? Are the deliveries that much better from a fully-leveled hireling?

I got 10 rudebite ore from mine the other day. I have mine at 3/3.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suggest what MissBizz suggested. It seems to me at least that the best drops are when I have 2/3 upgraded than when the hirelings are at 3/3. I have yet to get a single Psijic Ambrosia recipe fragment which is just my luck I suppose. Anyway, I hope this helped.
    Mine 3/3. I've had one fragment. I have all my hirelings 3/3. I think it's still worth it. In a few months when I get to endgame, then I'll respec and take many things out of crafting and put them into others. But even then, hirelings bring good enough stuff to keep at 3/3