Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Advices on convert a Dunmer DK to Magicka DPS or Stamina Tank

magnusthorek
magnusthorek
✭✭✭✭✭
When I created my second character, Lilith Maryon, I made her a Dunmer DK, aiming to be a tank, because after reading articles and builds I noticed a good synergy between this race and DK skills, so I thought it would be a good thing.

And it was very good indeed, but only for a while. When I fought Molag Bal I only took some damage because of some clownery I did during the fight. But after that, even regular delves in Cadwell's Silver was taking too much time to complete because while in PvE I'm 95% of the time playing solo. I wasn't dyeing, but I wasn't hitting very too well either.

At this time I was using a combo of 5 Hist Bark with 4 Alessia's Bulwark.

Then I decided to convert it into a stamina DPS, using medium armor, and it was very nice too... for a while. Enemies get stronger and because a few of the strongest abilities of DK has small range (at least the ones I'm using), this is not working for my playstyle anymore, at least not solo. Sometimes, like a few minutes ago while finishing Rivenspire questline, I felt like a glass cannon, weaker than my Breton Sorcerer (and I complain A LOT about her)

Currently my setup is pretty much the same of Stamina NBs: 5 Hunding's Rage and 4 Night Mother's Gaze, because RNGs "love" me and I still don't have one single monster helmet.

That said, I would like some advice on how to 1) Re-convert her as Dunmer DK tank -OR- 2) Improve her DPS, preferably at long range. I know +/- how to tank with her, although I never did any dungeon as exclusive tank (I ran Spindle with four tanks once but that was a long time ago). Because of this I might have some trouble with the "how-to" in a dungeon

I tried to do my homework, searching updated materials about it without much success. All builds and guides I'm seeing requires gear from HRA and/or AA, which not only is something extremely difficult (as I've heard, since I never did it before myself) bu it's not also updated to VR16 scale. Or then gear from DSA which I did once and even though only in normal mode (and I would probably never go there before as it's too much time consuming).
I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Heroborg
    Heroborg
    ✭✭
    What i have is a heavy armor kajhiit with 36 health and 15 stam with 5 mag. I eat a savorie which ups magic and health by like 4k each. I have duel wield swords (1 flame, 1 ice) i use lava whip, and that fire scratch, and volatile armor. Then i using blinding fury and the fighters guild crowssbow thing. and take flight ultimate. I currently and switching to medium armor (for cosmetic reasons). You can just experiment with different builds if you have skill points and money available. I play solo too i dont have much trouble. im V8 entering shadowfen. i do all the quests except delve ones. Ive died only twice. Find a build that works and keep it. I use 2 swords ice and fire cuz its very effective on all enemies if one does no enchant damage the other does. Read stats and you can find the build you desire.
    Daggerfall Covenant Loyalist
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    My v16 DK's been a magicka DD for sometime now, and while I'm still trying to improve her build, it works reasonably well for me right now. This is what I have:

Gear: 5x Julianos (or Kagrenac) armour, 3x Willpower jewellery, and 3-4x Torug's Pact

Armour: 5 light, 1 medium, 1 heavy (all with Divines and magicka enchantments)

Primary weapon: Fire staff (Nirnhoned - If not, use Defending or Sharpened, dependeing on your sustainability)
    Skills: Eruption, Burning Talons, Force Pulse, Molten Armaments, Inner Light, Meteor

Secondary: Dual wield (Both Sharpened atm but going to switch to Nirnhoned)
    Skills: Engulfing Flames, Burning Embers, Molten Whip, Coagulating Blood, Inner Light, Standard of Might

Attributes: All in magicka
    Mundus: Apprentice

The fire staff works wonders for long range DPS, and if I do my job properly, I can maintain an average of 7-10k DPS. My idea with her is to increase spell damage as much as possible via enchantments, mundus effects and CPs, and I don't worry about running out of magicka because then I use Molten Armaments and heavy attacks, which deal about 20-30k damage per attack.
    Edited by Lariana on December 17, 2015 5:39AM
    Not even daedra have two left feet!