Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Between Alchemy and Provisioning, which is best purely for selling Stacks on Guild Trader?

JMadFour
JMadFour
✭✭✭✭✭
On my new character, I just want one craft to focus on for selling Consumables on Guild Traders and for that "hey can anyone make some *insert consumable* for me?" that pops up in Guild Chat(so nice to feel useful to the Guild, ya know?).

is Food/Drink, or Potions better, overall, for this? I'm not expecting to making millions and millions of gold, but I'd like to sell my consumables decently enough.

NOTE: I am only going to do one or the other, for this purpose. them ingredients take up MAAAAAD bank space. especially Provisioning.

Everything else, I am going to just Decon and sell Mats as much as possible for making money.
Edited by JMadFour on December 16, 2015 5:46AM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can make more by selling the raw materials then by selling the finished product.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of the finished products, potions sell. The tripots, vr15 health,mana,stam potions sell always. There is oversupply of food ingredients and undersupply of certain flowers and water.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You won't make much gold by selling any consumables tbh... the market has basically gone as the vast majority of players actually level all of them rather than focusing on one. There are skillpoints in the game to cover all crafts, and they are mostly quite quick and easy (Especially provisioning).

As Ackwalan has correctly stated above..... you will make far more gold just selling the materials. Strangely these sell for more than the crafted items they make.

There is still a little gold to be made in enchanting as it's the longest of the crafts to level.... but not masses anymore.

Level all the crafts... do the crafting writs and sell the spoils if you want gold from crafting. I make 200k+ each week doing that for 3 characters.
    Edited by Flaminir on December 16, 2015 11:16AM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)