Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do the Lorebooks in the Mage's Guild hall level up your mage guild skill?

catalyst10e
catalyst10e
✭✭✭✭
I'm trying to level up my Mage's guild skill (like ya do) and like most I'm looking for faster ways to complete it (I'm on ps4, no pc add-ons). I noticed whenever I go to a guildhall and check the bookshelves it'll (occasionally) give me the notification "Lorebook Discovered" does this count towards leveling up the mage's guild skill?
"Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
[| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
[| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, they don't, unfortunately.

Only the glowing "blue" books will give you credit toward the Mage's Guild skill line. You will notice that when you read one of these, your Mage Guild bar will pop up and increase slightly.

There are guides online though to show you were to find all the books you need! Remember, completing a "set" of blue lorebooks will give you extra XP in Mage's Guild line.

Good luck!
    N64 NA EP
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, they don't, unfortunately.

Only the glowing "blue" books will give you credit toward the Mage's Guild skill line. You will notice that when you read one of these, your Mage Guild bar will pop up and increase slightly.

There are guides online though to show you were to find all the books you need! Remember, completing a "set" of blue lorebooks will give you extra XP in Mage's Guild line.

Good luck!

TY! That's a shame, I was kinda hoping to just add it to the list of things I do when I log in; log in, upgrade horse, check campaign, grab lorebooks, activate sustained, etc... oh well. I have found a few guids to make it easier, I'm just going to have to really buckle down and set some time aside to find the remaining books I've got left.
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It now says "lorebook discovered" on any new text you read: books, journals, notes... It used to appear only for the blue glowing books. I still say it's a bug, but it's been so long and it hasn't been fixed, so I don't know. The pop-up is annoying, though.