Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

coming back to this game dont know what im doing

jigglefruit
crafting wise im sure its simple once you get into it but right now i have zero clue on what to do, im level 15 im a nightblade i use duel wield and bow dont know how i should set up my skill tree nor how i should set up my gear. leveling up is not an issue i just need help with crafting because i know to get the best out of gear you should craft and help setting up my build to get the best experience out of the game, i feel like i could be putting out alot more damage than i am right now i just dont know how. I've looked around for guides and ive even stooped so low as to looking for a guild with someone that doesnt mind crafting stuff for me. i play on xbox ill leave my gamertag below if anyone is nice enough to help out i dont mind paying you in game if need be any help would be great just message me on xbox live and i will respond either through smart glass or the console itself.

GT: jiggle fruit
  • Oldmanlawlor
    Oldmanlawlor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I would say;

Do not craft until you're at max level. Every time you level up, new gear drops. So I've been playing pretty hardcore for about four weeks now and I saved almost all crafting materials.

Once I hit VR16 I have enough there to craft myself a full daedra set of heavy armour.
  • jigglefruit
    Personally, I would say;

Do not craft until you're at max level. Every time you level up, new gear drops. So I've been playing pretty hardcore for about four weeks now and I saved almost all crafting materials.

Once I hit VR16 I have enough there to craft myself a full daedra set of heavy armour.

thanks for the reply, wont i need to increase stuff in the crafting skill lines? for that type of armour?
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    The best way to level your crafting skills is to decon every drop item that you get. You don't really get any inspiration (craft skill XP) from crafting gear, you get much more by deconning it. You can also run daily writs, which give decent inspiration and also reward gold tempers which can be saved for later or sold in guild traders ( I recommend saving them).While you level up, you can wear drop sets, they will do just fine until you hit lvl 50 or you can try crafting some sets if you want to try them out and have enough traits unlocked, upgrading them no further than blue quality, you will be outleveling too fast to justify upgrading them further. You will also want to pick up every raw matt you come across and refine it. This drops tempers that are used to upgrade items in quality which you should hoard especially the gold ones (These are expensive on PC where I play, and from what I see on the forums they are insanely expensive on the consoles)

The other thing you want to do with crating is learn every trait through researching. This is important so that you will be able to produce sets in the game you have to have X number of traits unlocked on each piece in order to be able to craft it. For example, Hundings Rage a set popular with stamina NB's requires 6 traits unlocked on each piece you craft. Start learning traits right away, because each triait you learn on each piece doubles the time required to research it, with the last trait requiring 30 days to learn.

To maximize your crafting, you will want to take all the passives in the skill lines. The keen eye passive makes raw amtts much easier to see in the game put 1 point in this skill, more than that is unnecessary. The extraction skills allow you to get higher quality items from the gear you decon and raw matts you refine. The hireling passive delivers crafting matts and tempers to your mail once or twice a day. Each skill line also has a passive that shortens the research time and allows for researching up to 3 items at a time, at start you can only research 1 at a time. Lastly there is a passive that improves your chance of improving items with tempers.

As far as different styles of armor (altmer, bosmer, ancient orc, daedric, etc.) they are unlocked by reading motif books. The 9 basic racial styles are larned by reading 1 book with the racial style of your crafting alt being unlocked by default. There are 5 racials (Barbaric, abcient elf daedric, primal, and imperial) that are unlocked with rarer motifs. All other exotic styles are unlocked 1 page at a time, with each page representing 1 piece of gear. (for example dwemer swords) The exotic motifs are found in various ways depending on which style you are pursuing. I recommend making your equipment crafting alt an Imperial, if you have the Imp edition of the game, simply because that way you do not have to learn that style and can then sell any Imp motifs that drop for you. They currently go for about 40,000+ on PC NA.
    Edited by Vonovosi on December 13, 2015 7:35PM
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    Here are a couple of websites that have some great info on crafting:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki
    This site lists all sets available in the game both crafted and dropped and has tone of other info on crafting as well as general game info.

http://eso-fashion.com/
    Check it out to preview what different armor styles look like.
    Edited by Vonovosi on December 13, 2015 7:31PM
  • jigglefruit
    Vonovosi wrote: »
    The best way to level your crafting skills is to decon every drop item that you get. You don't really get any inspiration (craft skill XP) from crafting gear, you get much more by deconning it. You can also run daily writs, which give decent inspiration and also reward gold tempers which can be saved for later or sold in guild traders ( I recommend saving them).While you level up, you can wear drop sets, they will do just fine until you hit lvl 50 or you can try crafting some sets if you want to try them out and have enough traits unlocked, upgrading them no further than blue quality, you will be outleveling too fast to justify upgrading them further. You will also want to pick up every raw matt you come across and refine it. This drops tempers that are used to upgrade items in quality which you should hoard especially the gold ones (These are expensive on PC where I play, and from what I see on the forums they are insanely expensive on the consoles)

The other thing you want to do with crating is learn every trait through researching. This is important so that you will be able to produce sets in the game you have to have X number of traits unlocked on each piece in order to be able to craft it. For example, Hundings Rage a set popular with stamina NB's requires 6 traits unlocked on each piece you craft. Start learning traits right away, because each triait you learn on each piece doubles the time required to research it, with the last trait requiring 30 days to learn.

To maximize your crafting, you will want to take all the passives in the skill lines. The keen eye passive makes raw amtts much easier to see in the game put 1 point in this skill, more than that is unnecessary. The extraction skills allow you to get higher quality items from the gear you decon and raw matts you refine. The hireling passive delivers crafting matts and tempers to your mail once or twice a day. Each skill line also has a passive that shortens the research time and allows for researching up to 3 items at a time, at start you can only research 1 at a time. Lastly there is a passive that improves your chance of improving items with tempers.

As far as different styles of armor (altmer, bosmer, ancient orc, daedric, etc.) they are unlocked by reading motif books. The 9 basic racial styles are larned by reading 1 book with the racial style of your crafting alt being unlocked by default. There are 5 racials (Barbaric, abcient elf daedric, primal, and imperial) that are unlocked with rarer motifs. All other exotic styles are unlocked 1 page at a time, with each page representing 1 piece of gear. (for example dwemer swords) The exotic motifs are found in various ways depending on which style you are pursuing. I recommend making your equipment crafting alt an Imperial, if you have the Imp edition of the game, simply because that way you do not have to learn that style and can then sell any Imp motifs that drop for you. They currently go for about 40,000+ on PC NA.

wow thanks for the reply that is all very helpful info and i will bookmark this so i can come back and re read when need be, i figure i will start over on ebonheart as i hear its the better alliance to choose, and try a different play style i normally only play as NB but the templar has been catching my eye lately.
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    im level 15 im a nightblade i use duel wield and bow dont know how i should set up my skill tree nor how i should set up my gear

So I assume you are a stamina build. Invest all attribute points into stamina, focus on damage. For bow: Snipe is your strongest single target attack, Arrow spray is a helpful AoE, Scatter Shot is a good knockback. For dual wield: Flurry is the strongest single target, Whirlwind your favorite AoE, and Hidden Blade your only ranged attack in this skill tree. As a nightblade you have plenty of options in your class (Assassin's Blade, Teleport Strike, Veiled Strike and Drain Power have stamina morphs). As for crafted gear, I suggest http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Set+Bonus+Crafting+Locations for more info, depending on your playstile you can mix different gear items to benefit from their bonuses.

• jigglefruit
    Prabooo wrote: »
    im level 15 im a nightblade i use duel wield and bow dont know how i should set up my skill tree nor how i should set up my gear

So I assume you are a stamina build. Invest all attribute points into stamina, focus on damage. For bow: Snipe is your strongest single target attack, Arrow spray is a helpful AoE, Scatter Shot is a good knockback. For dual wield: Flurry is the strongest single target, Whirlwind your favorite AoE, and Hidden Blade your only ranged attack in this skill tree. As a nightblade you have plenty of options in your class (Assassin's Blade, Teleport Strike, Veiled Strike and Drain Power have stamina morphs). As for crafted gear, I suggest http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Set+Bonus+Crafting+Locations for more info, depending on your playstile you can mix different gear items to benefit from their bonuses.

thannks for the reply and the link i found a nice build on that website and think i will use it for a new character
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I would say;

I respectfully disagree.
    Having to catch myself up in some crafting skills was a pain in my green Dunmer arse.

Just play the game.
    It takes time.
    A lot of time.
    Once you surrender yourself to that notion, you can relax and enjoy the game.

Preface any question you have with "ESO" on Google.
    Use skyshard & lore book maps on the web.
    Search these forums, etc., you know the drill.

Just keep on exploring Tamriel and everything will fall into place.
    There is no hurry.
    The game is too beautiful to hurry.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • jigglefruit
    PrinceBoru wrote: »
    Personally, I would say;

I respectfully disagree.
    Having to catch myself up in some crafting skills was a pain in my green Dunmer arse.

Just play the game.
    It takes time.
    A lot of time.
    Once you surrender yourself to that notion, you can relax and enjoy the game.

Preface any question you have with "ESO" on Google.
    Use skyshard & lore book maps on the web.
    Search these forums, etc., you know the drill.

Just keep on exploring Tamriel and everything will fall into place.
    There is no hurry.
    The game is too beautiful to hurry.

was literally just sitting here thinking to myself about what you just said lol, the more i play the more i learn and figure out like anything else, just needed some footing on the basics of my build and the links provided were very helpful. Thank you for all the help to anyone who has responded to my question, the ESO forums are unlike any ive used before, people are usually rude and tend to be unhelpful. thanks to everyone :) anyone ever feels like playing im making a new character as a fresh start on the ebonheart pact (believe thats how its spelled) i play on xbox one but probably going to try out pc quite soon ill leave my GT below if anyone would like to add me for grouping up or giving me more insight on the game feel free to add me.

GT: jiggle fruit
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    If you get on the PC side of the game here is a must visit site for you

http://www.esoui.com/addons.php

It is where you will find all the addons for the game that greatly enhance your experience. There are addons for almost every aspect of the game from inventory management to scrolling combat text.

Don't be afraid to reach out to the community for any advice, like you noted in your above post the players in this game are the most respectful and mature playerbase of any MMO I have ever played. If you ever have any specific questions about NB's, stamina or magicka, post them here. I have been playing NB's since the beta and can tell you there is more than one way to create a build. I am still trying out new skill/weapon/gear/mundus combos. If you have only played up to level 15, you have only gotten a small taste of what the game has to offer. To be honest at that point you really don't have enough skill points to really have much of a 'build' As PrinceBoru noted above, ENJOY THE GAME, you'll figure out how you want to play it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the reply, wont i need to increase stuff in the crafting skill lines? for that type of armour?

Here is what you need to know about crafting at lower levels in this game

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2510887

Edited by Nestor on December 14, 2015 8:59PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I would say;

Do not craft until you're at max level.

I also disagree with this!
    I crafted most of my own gear the whole way through, & ran all the research I could on the pieces I wear.

Then when you get to the higher levels you are ready to make those Killer Sets!
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }