The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why repair walls? Masonry 300 AP for 27 AP

PhxOldGamer68
PhxOldGamer68
✭✭✭✭
PS4 NA
I like the new visual on the bottom left screen that shows how much AP you're getting for all your actions in Cyrodiil. However, now that we see you only get 27 AP for each Masonry stone you use for repairing walls, no one wants to purchase stones to help build walls.

I was with 40 players and took over Alessia. Afterward, about 20 players left and only about 5 of us started repairing the outer wall. As I saw the 27 AP pop up on the screen for each repair, I started realizing I just spent 9K AP for 30 stones and only getting 27 AP for each. WTH! So now I know why no one wants to repair walls anymore. Everyone left and the inner wall was wide open. I logged off.
Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on November 20, 2015 4:57AM
PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
PC NA: KaktusKing
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I love repairing doors. You get more AP, and it takes less to fix.
  • Angarato
    Angarato
    ✭✭✭
    you repair walls so enemies cant come in and take your keep. i figured this was obvious but apparently it isnt.
    if you gained more ap than it costs to repair it would be ***. please tell me you understand why that would be bad.

ugh casuals
  • JOE_WILLIE
    I believe a slight increase would be great maybe get 100 AP from each repair, so you at least getting a refund of 1/3 your AP back instead of less than 1/10!

But com'n do it for your alliance!!
    PC - NA - AD

Magicka Sorcerer
    Magicka Templar
  • Greyhame
    Greyhame
    ✭✭
    It is correct that the point of repair kits is to secure your resource not to make AP off it. It is also correct that just less that 10% AP back is crappy and does lead to many people not repairing walls.

I can't count the times I've had to rebuild both walls with maybe one or two other people and dropping way too many kits on it.

If you got 1/2 the AP back or ever 1/3 that would be fair and maybe more people would pony up for it.
    Greyhame
    [PS4][NA][Ebonheart Pact]
    [SVER True Bloods]
    [Elder Skrubs]
    [Skooma Syndicate]
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what you want the enemy to just waltz in and take the keep with no resistance...these console players man.
    Member of Victorem, RÁGE ; Decibel Alumni (RIP)

Kalista Schefer: VR16 AD Sorcerer; Alliance Rank 22

Noxus-Katarina: VR16 AD NB; Alliance Rank 30

Grxknight: VR16 AD DK; Alliance Rank 16

Lorelie Aedel: VR16 AD Templar; Alliance Rank 8
  • BigDSoulReaper
    i agree. i wish there were more intelligent players on console.
    Immortal Kings GuildMaster
    immortalkingz.com
    There are greats, there are legends, then there are Immortals!
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let the enemies take the keep then i can flip it again for more AP. Not seeing the issue
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leaderboards and rewards.
    PC EU
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    Zos recenetly acknowledged this and said they were looking into the rates of repair kits
    Xbox 1 NA
    Stamblade: Grand overlord
    Stamsorc: Major
    Magplar: Centurion
    551k vma
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use gold instead. When I run out of gold, it's time to go rob the Covenant again. One green item nets me a Repair Kit each, plus a little more.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its all about the JUICE!!!
    Big'Tone-V16 DC Sorc AR31
    Sneaky'Tone-V16 DC NB AR22
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp
    Chunky'Tone-33 DC DK (BWB beast)

Worst NB NA
    Roll dodging magicka sorc

"Do you know why they call him Big'Tone?"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angarato wrote: »
    you repair walls so enemies cant come in and take your keep. i figured this was obvious but apparently it isnt.
    if you gained more ap than it costs to repair it would be ***. please tell me you understand why that would be bad.

ugh casuals

Keeps fall pretty fast, so repairs can be a waste of time in some campaigns. Outposts are a waste of time to repair in every campaign since they are all designed to be easy to take, hard to defend. Sometimes the paint isn't even dry on the wall before someone comes along and tears it down.

I buy repair kits with gold, as @WhiteCoatSyndrome said. It is not a very good GOLD->AP conversion, but it allows me to use my AP for something else (like fleeing under performing campaigns).
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lower the cost of repair kits 50% and increase the gold reward of reward for the worthy 10 times. 250g is a joke.
  • BigDSoulReaper
    the less people in the keep the more AP you get for repairs. an officer in my guild was getting 51 AP per kit.
    Immortal Kings GuildMaster
    immortalkingz.com
    There are greats, there are legends, then there are Immortals!
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the less people in the keep the more AP you get for repairs. an officer in my guild was getting 51 AP per kit.

Door repair give 50 AP/kit, lower if your alliance lose your home keeps and more if yours control enemy keeps. Wall repair kit only give 25AP.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actually it's all based on the healing you do to the wall/door.

For example a dk with a resto staff can gain more ap per repair than others very easily by using igneous before the repair. Especially if the wall is below 30% hp (resto staff passive)
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think of it this way, if you are getting AP for the leaderboards or pushing for emp then its not spending 300 AP and getting 27,33,41 or 55 in return. The AP you spent is already accounted for in your campaign score and you are not losing it from there when you spend it. SO think of it as turning that 300 into 327,333,341, 355 etc....In that sense it is a reasonable thing to do..
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why walk when you can ride?
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why put down a treb to hit a wall? Hitting a wall nets zero AP.
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also think of it another way.

The 300 AP x 20 per wall, 6000 AP you put into the wall.. allows your side to get a Defensive tick of 10K,, not counting the AP from kills of enemy players, because the wall only went down to 20 percent before help arrived, instead of zero and the other side taking the keep.

You want to whine about AP spent on walls.. you wont get sympathy here.. I run with.. arguably, one of the best AvA guild on NA PC, and we ALL repair walls, even the raid leaders, when we take a keep. Its usually a race. ESPECIALLY the guys who want emp. Why? so we can either defend who we just took the keep from, or keep the attackers out if we are defending.

The other AP comes from the kills of enemies who die because you are behind a relatively safe wall, and they are not.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the repair kits costs in ap and gold are actually fine. Some kinda gold/ap sink is never bad to have.
    Edited by Wollust on December 4, 2015 12:43PM
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use gold. Then profit from selling AP later.

Everything I can do to get closer to proxy det is worth it.
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    You can also think of it another way.

The 300 AP x 20 per wall, 6000 AP you put into the wall.. allows your side to get a Defensive tick of 10K,, not counting the AP from kills of enemy players, because the wall only went down to 20 percent before help arrived, instead of zero and the other side taking the keep.

You want to whine about AP spent on walls.. you wont get sympathy here.. I run with.. arguably, one of the best AvA guild on NA PC, and we ALL repair walls, even the raid leaders, when we take a keep. Its usually a race. ESPECIALLY the guys who want emp. Why? so we can either defend who we just took the keep from, or keep the attackers out if we are defending.

The other AP comes from the kills of enemies who die because you are behind a relatively safe wall, and they are not.

That's because your group like many others see the big picture.
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • xXNesTXx
    xXNesTXx
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody repairs now for a simple reason.....

Akaviri Style and the 3 millions of AP that costs......

Another brilliant idea of ZoS
    EU PS4 Ebonheart Pact

NB Stam VR16 Breton
    NB Stam VR16 Khajiit
    NB Mag VR16 Breton
    Templar Mag VR16 Nord
    Sorc Mag VR8 High Elf
    DK Stam VR10 Red Guard
  • pelennor_fields
    pelennor_fields
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that using gold to buy repair kits is the best idea. Also i have seen plenty of people on console racing to repair walls - it's common sense for strategy and scoring.
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually don't mind the way it is now for AP return on repairing walls and doors but what I would like to see them change is the amount of kits we receive at the end of the campaign for rewards and kits to be added into the nightly "reward for the worthy" mail. We should get about 10 - 15 kits per "reward for the worthy" mail and about 300 for the end of the campaign reward!!