Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should questing completion be account wide at reduced xp for alts

DylanLionheart
DylanLionheart
Soul Shriven
I understand that some people love questing and don't mind repeating quests but on a personal level coming from a pvper I was wondering how the comunity felt about questing on Alts. Because I realise that there is a lot of enjoyable lore to explore but maybe having an option to pass on quests already completed on the account at reduced xp could be nice. I personally feel like if you've done 300 quests you deserve to not need to re do them all on an alt. Maybe even make it an option to have to pay for this service. Anyways let me know what you guys think.
Edited by DylanLionheart on December 11, 2015 10:25AM

Should questing completion be account wide at reduced xp for alts 24 votes

Yes - good idea
37%
RunkorkoKaperionTomatoNirinShadowsRaVing_LooNy_xCorellon ThromorinDylanLionheartCosmicRunawayMac10murda 9 votes
No - bad idea
62%
lolo_01b16_ESOWaZz93Enodockatamuro11b16_ESOWeberdaOurorborosMissBizzFfastylListerJMCMr.Hmmajwest927AdoyserRAGUNAnoOneSeventhWarlockPanWriter 15 votes
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No - bad idea
    Just don't do them.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • CosmicRunaway
    CosmicRunaway
    Soul Shriven
    Yes - good idea
    Reading the title of your thread, I thought you meant that alt accounts should earn less exp per quest completed. I think it should be the same, or if it needs to be changed, slightly more exp per repeated quest would be preferable. So I voted yes in the poll. But like Enodoc said, if you don't want to keep repeating the same quests, you can earn exp elsewhere.

I like the system Diablo 3 has, where new characters still start at level 1, but you earn bonus points to use based on how high you leveled your previous characters past the soft level cap (70 since I last played). For people who don't know, you start earning "paragon levels" after 70, which are shared by all your characters. New characters gain the benefits of paragon levels, but do not contribute exp to the next paragon level until that character hits level 70 themselves. So it's much easier to speed through early-mid game quests that you may have already completed a dozen times or more.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No - bad idea
    You don't need to do most of the quests. The only thing I'd like to see is access to the cadwells gold area for any v6+ char that completed the main quest if you completed the "alliance" hero archievement for your silver region on one char.
  • Corellon Thromorin
    Corellon Thromorin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - good idea
    [Do you wish to skip the tutorial? YES NO]
    [Do you wish to skip already completed "non-main quest" quests from your faction? YES NO]
  • katamuro11b16_ESO
    No - bad idea
    The thing you are talking about is reducing xp for doing quests for alts or reduce the amount of xp alts need to level up? Either way a terrible idea since one way it makes levelling them even harder and the other way it would mean that a player would end up grinding endlessly without doing any of the quests. I understand that some people just want to level the char to go pvp however the game was not made this way, questing was pushed to be central in the game so removing that...

However I do agree that if you completed all the quests in all the zones there should be an option to start a lvl50 char or something like that.
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes - good idea
    I say they let us buy levels from the crown store for alts.
  • DylanLionheart
    DylanLionheart
    Soul Shriven
    Yes - good idea
    I just meant that I dislike questing. If I've done all the quests on a main of like to able to bypass them or as a fellow previously said. Include bonus so on alts so we can go PvP faster.