Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

can i cancel one daily provisioner writ and pick it again?

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
i got a writ that seems impossible to complete. i own much more than 100 recipes and somehow i'm asked to do "stormhold baked bananas" and "maormer tea" that i never found. i've wasting a lot of time searching everything and checking all traders that i can, and it doesn't even seem to exist.

so... if i cancel it and pick again, may i get a different task with other recipes?
Edited by NeKryXe on December 11, 2015 7:04AM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are only three different daily provisioner quests at each cooking "tier" and I believe the one you get is locked to that day. Yes you could abandon it, but you would get the same one again unless you waited until tomorrow, but then three days later the same recipe would come up.

Best to just learn it now and be done with it. ;)
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can abandon the quest and pick it up again, but as I recall, the only way to get a different quest is to change your crafting skill (put additional skill points in it, so you can craft higher level stuff, or remove skill points, so you can only craft lower level stuff).
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm going to try it. thanks ;)

with more than 100 recipes it's really bad luck to get two that i can't even find in traders :\
  • BulbousMeathead
    BulbousMeathead
    ✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »

with more than 100 recipes it's really bad luck to get two that i can't even find in traders :\
    This is a fairly common situation for a lot of people. Keep going to all the traders until you find the recipe. The one I was stuck on was "Hare in garlic sauce" - eventually I got that recipe, and I have about 200 of them ! (Including blues and purples )
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i see... i wasn't expecting this, but it's better to be hard than easy :)
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a fairly common situation for a lot of people. Keep going to all the traders until you find the recipe. The one I was stuck on was "Hare in garlic sauce" - eventually I got that recipe, and I have about 200 of them ! (Including blues and purples )

But as soon as you buy them you are going to end up finding those recipes every day, it is practically a law and it is happening to me :s
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    i got a writ that seems impossible to complete. i own much more than 100 recipes and somehow i'm asked to do "stormhold baked bananas" and "maormer tea" that i never found. i've wasting a lot of time searching everything and checking all traders that i can, and it doesn't even seem to exist.

so... if i cancel it and pick again, may i get a different task with other recipes?

Just in case you have not tried it you can buy the already made recipe (if you can find it) and use that for the writ as long as it is not white.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or ask a guild mate to make it for you. Heck, I responded to a Zone request for Baked Spuds and sent the player 20 of them gratis. I felt bad after making them wait for me as I was waiting for enough people to show up to the Dolmen World Boss in Wrothgar.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually looks like I can make those, if you still need help with it my psn is bryanhaas
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigh.... I'm still looking for Breton Pork Sausage on EU. I have ... five characters on PC NA that know it...
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i increased my specs and changed the quest, as suggested and solved it ;)