The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crashing after patch continues

charlesccps
27 inch iMac, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, OS 10.10.5, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

In Orsinium, when I interact with NPC’s, Crafting Stations, Open Doors, Use a Wayshrine or sometimes just wandering around, the game crashes. This happens whether I have Addons enabled or disabled. I was not crashing prior to the recent patch. Also, the bug report window in game will not open.
I have spoken with tech support. Done everything they suggested. I even reinstalled the game. Before reinstalling the game, I was crashing in all areas. Now the problem is predominantly in Orsinium but I still have the occasional crash in other ares of the world.
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    don't try PvP then ...
    Mac client crashes in seconds when heavy fighting is going on ... medium, high, low settings whatever -> crash
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, any supposed crash fixes appear to not have any actual effect for Mac users. Those appear to be for PC users only. We have to wait for Q1 for the 64-bit client. My guess is that it will come with the release of Thieves Guild, so the latter part of Q1, which would be March/April. I hope I'm wrong and it gets released MUCH sooner.

• Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes crashing sucks. Usually happens when I am fighting and I come back and I am dead.

I get issues every time they come out with an update now and have to run a repair. They need to fix the patcher.
  • charlesccps
    It appears updating to OSX El Capitan has solved the crashing issues on my 27 inch iMac, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, OS 10.10.5, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB.
    I've managed to play in Wrothgar for 30 minutes without crashing. First time since Orsinium dropped I've been able to complete the crafting writs without crashing much less play for 30 minutes!
    The graphics are certainly better.
    Having said that, I think it's ridiculous ESO doesn't support the 2nd most recent version of OSX.
    Oh well, it's all good now.
    Onward and upward.