The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stam sorc dw or 2h

magictucktuck
magictucktuck
✭✭✭✭✭
I love dw I use it on my stamblade and want it on my sorc but I feel that without a gap closer in pvp it would not be very efficient but I will be doing it for pve. My second weapon will be bow and I will be doing mostly 1vx or small group pvp would like an experienced stam sorc to give me his thoughts on his/her experience.
PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • blur
    blur
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love dw I use it on my stamblade and want it on my sorc but I feel that without a gap closer in pvp it would not be very efficient but I will be doing it for pve. My second weapon will be bow and I will be doing mostly 1vx or small group pvp would like an experienced stam sorc to give me his thoughts on his/her experience.

You will have to use Streak and Boundless Storm for gap closing.
    DW is viable, my offbar is DW. Fengrush and Xael also both use DW on their offbar for caltrops/ST aoe.

Bow can be good but you will need to get creative and come up with your own niche build/playstyle. I have one that works but I do not give out that kind of information. It's also more gear dependent and requires you to have vigor. Otherwise if you are a Stam Sorc it's highly recommended you go 2h/DW.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you feel is lacking in your setup? Need more AoE? DW has one of the best in the game. Need more self heals? Crit rush gives you a guaranteed heal using crit surge. You could make both work.
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find 2H/DW to be the best set-up for both PVP and PVE. Fengrush has an awesome build video for both PVE and PVP that will give you a good starting point. Then tailor the build a little here and there to fit your own needs.

2H bar is pretty straight forward with crit rush, wrecking blow, executioner, and bound armaments. I tend to also run crit surge (or rally on occasion) and dawnbreaker on this bar. This bar pretty much stays the same for all content for me, both PVE and PVP,

My offbar is where I diversify. For solo/small group pvp and trial bosses, I run bow. Lethal Arrow and Bombard in PVP for control and range. Poison Injection and Scorched Earth for PVE to add some nice Dot dmg. Other slots depend on what I am doing.

For large scale PVP, pledges, and daily doing whatever, I run DW. Steel tornado and Flying Blade stay on this bar to give me AOE and some range if needed. I also tend to run overload for added range option and some additional slots to put stuff like rapids, evil hunter, and trap on.
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    I run dual wield/s&b on my stam sorc.

I use my s&b for the hard cc and gap closer of invasion and that's it's.

My dual wield is my dps bar. Rending slashes, rapid strikes and steel tornado. You get all your dps skills (excluding ranged although you could switch out rending slashes for flyoung blade). The trick to using dual wield in pvp is to keep moving which stam sorts excel at. I find the continuous stream of damage increasing as time goes on (once targets reach "low health") screws with most people.

You will have a slight disadvantage against shield stacking sorts as you don't have the web burst but the constant influx of damage allows you to keep the pressure on and if they try to run you should be able to chase them down. Also invasion invasion invasion.
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run a dunmer stam-sorc. (honestly I am not a "god tier" player, but I will add my 2 cents anyway). I used to use a bow and either DW or 2H. After watching a couple of videos by Feng Rush I switched to 2h and DW for the added utility. I use my own version of his Tyson/IC build. It sucks not having a good range attack but you can not beat the power of 2H with the speed and AOE of DW. I am still getting used to switching bars on the fly but I am getting better.
    I made the switch because I am just starting to get into PvP and I realized that steel tornado is a beast in PvP. With that AND crit rush/WB in my line up I feel better able to react to different situations. I like to be up close and personal to kill so a bow just was not sitting well with me. Plus, to be truly effective with a bow you almost have to go with a bow or poison build......Unless I am just doing it wrong
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run two hand as my main and use bow, dual weild, resto staff, and shield+1h depending on my style choice.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is perfectly possible to run dw as a stamina sorcerer, but 2h simply synergises better (and is generally better designed).
    Dw has too many ineffective skills until you get opponents into low health range.
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use both! Lets be honest, bows will give you a ranged attack but they do very little damage unless you are running a very high crit build or poison build. I use DW for mobs and groups, and 2H for bosses and smaller battles. Bows just do not do enough damage to take up a bar in PvP as far as I am concerned. If only we could have a 3rd bar........
    vr16 Dunmer stam sorc using the TYSON build by Feng Rush. If you want other build ideas for stam sorc check out Feng Rush. I think he even was on the forums the other day and linked a couple vids of some of his more popular builds- ALI, TYSON, DANGERZONE