Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Getting new weapons

seipher09
seipher09
✭✭✭✭
So I'm a clothier and only have 1 account. As I'm leveling I'm having a hard time finding swords or daggers to dual wield with. I'm mostly just getting staves and 2h weapons.

Merchants seem to sell new weapons pretty pricey, and I'm not finding anything my level from the guild stores. Any suggestions what to do?

Wish I could just buy something from the crown store to be both clothier and blacksmith :(

Edit: can I actually pick 2? I thought the npc said I could only do one at a time?
Edited by seipher09 on December 8, 2015 11:53PM

Best Answer

• Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do clothing, black smithing, woodworking, provisioning, alchemy and enchanting all on one character.

I split mine up to do the crafting on one character (blacksmithing, clothing, woodworking) and the other 3 on a different character, just so i dont have to spend a million skill points on them.

Yeah the dialogue is a bit ambiguous, but they mean you can only learn about one at a time i guess. It's pretty misleading but yeah you can do any crafting as you wish :)
    Answer ✓
  • seipher09
    seipher09
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha awesome! That actually made my night to find out. Can go craft me some weapons now yay!!!!!
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also welcome to ESO, and the forums :#
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah there are a few benefits to doing all your equipment crafting on one alt. First when you craft set gear you don't have to switch between different alts to craft blacksmithing, woodworking, and cloth items. Second you only have to learn all the different armor styles on one alt. This especially helps with the exotic styles (ancient orc, akaveri, etc) since they can be quite pricey. If you have the Imperial edition you will want to make your equipment crafter an imperial, that way you don't have to invest in an imperial motif if you want to craft that style of gear, and you can sell any Imp. motifs that you come across. They are currently going for 40,000g on NA PC and they are pretty easy to sell. By the time you get to max level you will have more than enough skill points to have all the passives unlocked. One more tip is to keep researching traits. As you learn more traits on each piece the time to research doubles with the final 9th trait taking 30 days to research, so don't slack on that if you want to be a crafter. Last point the best way to level equipment crafting (enchanting as well) is by deconing every item that drops besides the ones that you are using for research of course.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do same my main is blacksmith, clothier and wood worker.
    Seipher are you in PC/NA/DC?