The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Says It Cannot Connect to the Playstation Netowork?

Nova Sky
Nova Sky
✭✭✭✭✭
Zeni, et al.:

I just attempted to log in at a bit before 2:05 a.m. CST Friday morning, and that's the message I got. Repeatedly.

This makes no sense. The PSN is fully operational as I write this. My PS4 has a wired connection to the Internet, and several connection tests indicated no problem whatsoever. I was also able to view game streams via Playstation Live, and to communicate with friends who were in ESO (via PSN messaging).

What's the deal here, Zeni? This isn't funny, particularly so when I can log in to the PC/Mac version of ESO on my iMac with no problems at all.

The PSN isn't down. It's up, and my PS4 is functioning normally. Please figure this out, because I like ESO. Also, because I'm a paying customer, too. Thanks.

Quill
"Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • Jarathorn
    Jarathorn
    Soul Shriven
    I have been having the same issue, just started about an hour ago. I have rebooted PS4 twice now and validated that I can log into PlayStation Network.

When I start ESO up, I get to the server selection screen and see that North America is displayed, I push X to PLAY, shortly after "Loading..." this message appears "LOGIN FAILED" "Could not connect to the PlayStation Network. Please try again later or contact customer service at help.elderscrollsonline.com".
  • Jarathorn
    Jarathorn
    Soul Shriven
    Update: After researching at the website provided for help as stated above, here is what I found on this website.

https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Sony is stating they are having issues with some of their services; which is causing issues with Gaming and Social as well as the PlayStation Store. So even though I can connect to PlayStation Network, doesn't mean that ESO can to validate and log me in -- here we go again with PSN.
    :/

• Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, Jarathorn.

I just followed the link you provided, and it seems all is fine on Sony's end now. For what it's worth, I was able to log in after I shut down the PS4 for a minute, then rebooted.

Still, this is disconcerting, these issues with ESO. A day or two ago, I couldn't log in for awhile because I didn't have "realtime player privileges," whatever the heck that is.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • JestersRevenge
    I've been having issues for nearly three days with incredible lag and random disconnects. I've done the usual tests and have no issues whatsoever playing Battlefront. Our PC brethren are having similar issues. This game is basically unplayable for me at the moment and for a few guildies. Here's to hoping for a quick fix for the weekend and that the PS isn't left behind! Keep bumping this thread.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/235482/crashes-tonight/p1
    Characters are all some variation of Whiskey or Jiu-Jitsu...