Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Poisoning the Briarheart tree in Wrothgar takes WAY too long when busy...

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
If you have the quest line (after finding a way into the sieged castle) and then make it to poison the Briarheart tree (can't remember quest name) then you are praying for no-one else running this quest with you... trust me.

Basically - I've run this quest several times now on different characters. First time I flew through it (did it on the first day I think the DLC came out). Second time - not so much quickly. Took me about 45 minutes to just kill the tree. My hands were cramped up by the end of it. You see, there were about 5 or 6 of us there running the same quest - which usually makes the quests faster and easier - but this made it INSANELY tough... because the spawn rate of the tree menders was obviously connected to the amount of people running the quest... we had a couple of low level players with us that didn't really know what was going on (we weren't in group or anything - and they weren't in area chat to talk to them). So... 3 or 4 of us were killing the menders, but they were spawning faster than we could deal with them. I actually broke a controller in frustration and button mashing from constantly being rooted (due to the amount of adds there were).

FIX IT!!.... I gave up third time trying to run it - and am now getting up at 5:00am to see if it is empty on that quest so I can get it done. I shouldn't have to do that...
  • MaKTaiL
    MaKTaiL
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was one of the best quests in Orisinium. The first time I did it there were around 10 people doing it too. We took 20 minutes to beat it and at the end I felt very good. It was a wild ride.
    Options
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaKTaiL wrote: »
    I thought it was one of the best quests in Orisinium. The first time I did it there were around 10 people doing it too. We took 20 minutes to beat it and at the end I felt very good. It was a wild ride.

The constant rooting is frustrating... but when you're in a group of 10-15 and a couple (or more) of them are low levels that have no clue what they are doing - the fight isn't enjoyable. If it takes you nearly an hour to do one part of the quest - that's not fun for me. That's highly annoying.
    Options