The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Add-On Clearing

ShadowscaleSithis
ShadowscaleSithis
✭✭✭
Does anyone know of a way to get rid of the add-ons in the game list that you have gotten rid of on MInion? Would it be best to just do a fresh install of everything or can I get rid of the out of date add-ons in the list when in game?
  • Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    How did you get rid of them in Minion? (if you right click on the addon in Minion, it should have removed the addon from your drive, which would remove it from within the game.)

If you did do the above and for some reason it didn't work:

you can click on the Add Ons menu entry *at the character screen* prior to getting in game. You can uncheck any addon there that you do not want to be active. (unchecking it here disables the addon for all characters)

To manually remove an addon (permanently), you would need to go into the addons folder (typically found in C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\[server]\AddOns) Where: [User Name] = your windows login name *and* [server] = "live" or 'liveeu"

Look for the folder with the addon name and delete it.

If you are not comfortable doing this, and Minion is not working for you, you can go to the Minion support forum here --> esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=183 and get some better assistance than me. :wink:

/edit = bbcode syntax

Edited by Ravalox on December 10, 2015 7:10AM
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Developer of Wykkyd ESO AddOns and Ravalox' AddOns
    Co-Founder Brotherhood of Redemption ESO Branch
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

A proud member of The Psijic Order - 0.016%
  • ShadowscaleSithis
    ShadowscaleSithis
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I will try the folder thing when I get home. If I delete the addon folder, will it reappear once I start the game?

I did uninstall some on minion, but the list when in game seems to long for the ones I have. Only still run about 7-9 and it seems to be about 23 on the list

Oh one of them is the Wykyd full add on (has a bunch of them in one), but it still seems to big in game
    Edited by ShadowscaleSithis on December 10, 2015 8:34AM
  • Ravalox
    Ravalox
    ✭✭✭✭
    You really don't want to delete the "AddOns" folder itself (though the game should recreate it, or you could manually recreate it). I would just delete the folders within the AddOns folder for addons you are not using.

If you installed the Wykkyd Gaming Suite, then that includes 16 addons by itself. If you delete any of those manually, then I can see where they may possibly come back on their own (via Minion) since the Suite specifies all of the 16 different folders.

If you are only using certain Wykkyd addons, I would uninstall the suite, and download each Wykkyd one separately.
    Ravalox Darkshire
    Developer of Wykkyd ESO AddOns and Ravalox' AddOns
    Co-Founder Brotherhood of Redemption ESO Branch
    Brotherhood of Redemption (A DC faction guild) http://eso.borguild.com *Always accepting worldwide applications for the PC NA server*

A proud member of The Psijic Order - 0.016%