The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Could we finally get the preview option?

Niaver
Niaver
✭✭✭✭
Pretty much the title. I want to have an option to see how the item looks before i craft it for a lot of mats, pls ZOS! Not to mention the style changing of crafted/finded items.
Edited by Niaver on November 27, 2015 3:35PM
PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love this. That little shady icon they show does not do you any justice! I use that eso fashion website, but it's harder to envision mixing and matching armor styles like that. I would love it if there was a preview option!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *signs*
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, I do the same thing MizzBizz does and let me tell you it can become time consuming keeping windows open, jumping back and forth, and trying to picture how the gear will look together. Pretty sure too this has been a requested feature since beta.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes agreed as well
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • astraea360
    astraea360
    ✭✭
    Agreed. I shouldn't have to squint my eyes to see the tiny icon they display or go to a website. Sucks to craft VR16 gear that ends up looking like junk.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES!

Just like in Skyrim. I want to be able to see the in-game model of an item in the crafting interface before I craft it.
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much agree.
    As it is now, I would be lost without eso-fashion.com! I have often made pieces I thought fit together, only to be terribly disappointed, and have to make the items again in another style. This is time consuming (not to mention expensive, tedious, annoying, etc...) for people who like to put a lot of effort into their character's appearance.
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be brilliant, I've wasted many materials making items I thought would look good on my character but ended up looking terrible. Particularly when mixing different styles, eso-fashion doesn't really help when you do that.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really is something should of been included from start.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice. Instead of the trial and error that it is now.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, please.
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please add it and also they should add style information in the gear item description.
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Add!
    .........need!
    ......................Want!
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems to me the basic preview code is already in the game, since we can preview crown store items, as well as character creation and character selection. This feature has often been requested. Throw us a bone!
    41aFUTndLuL._SY300_.jpg
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This was badly needed before a single piece cost 100-200 mats to craft. Now with the crazy materials grind and all the new motifs it has become absolutely critical.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • seipher09
    seipher09
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is something gw2 has mastered perfectly.

You can do this at the bank and mix and match and preview everything at once along with weapons and dyes.

When I came onto here I was extremely dissapointed knowing every armor I make I kinda need to guess.

Sure this chest piece and legs might look awesome separate but together they are awful. This would be a major update that many players wouldn't care if this was an update itself with
  • Alagras
    Alagras
    ✭✭✭
    agree and... i fail to understand why it was not implemented from the beginning
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the time you end up looking like you got dressed in the dark :s
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Three gold stars Niaver and go straight to the Top-of-the Class.
    Brilliant idea!
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Kovaden
    Kovaden
    Agreed and needed!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, this has been requested many times since ESO launch and presumably before in beta. The little pictures are hard to see and they're for male characters anyway.

The preview in Skyrim was good, but it was really just a large 3D model of the armor, not how it looked on your character. So, a preview like the Crown Store, as previously mentioned, would be better. Not sure how they'd do a preview of multiple pieces at one time, which is what we'd need to be able to see how a complete set of matching or mixed pieces would look. But, even a preview of the piece you're trying to craft would be helpful.
  • LordMcSwagger
    I would be more than willing to even make v14/15 gear sets to try them out, but dang, some of the style mats are way too much to waste on a tester outfit.
    Guild Master: Black Lotus
    Lord McSwagger VR16: Templar Healer
    Anne Ihilation VR16: Mage Blade
    Declan Stachenshield VR4: Sorcer
    Isabelle Stonecaller VR3: Magicka Dragon Knight
  • Cryhavoc
    Cryhavoc
    ✭✭✭
    /signed

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Thanks for starting this thread!