Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Free Play Weekend"

• Bloodsignal
    Will the discount be there on crowns for ps4 during the upcomming weekend?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pema wrote: »
    Dominoid wrote: »
    It's not clear whether the "free week end" players will have an "eso+ status" (which means, access to IC and Orsinium) or not.... ?

If possible, I would make the free trial codes include all DLC to maximize sales for people who end up buying.

You have access to PTS I think, were you can do all the DLC content.
    I prefer to have a spot in game were I can escape the lagfest, being the DLC"s.

That's a good point actually. @ZOS_GinaBruno, will the "free" players have access to PTS?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who plays ESO during the contest period and meets all the eligibility requirements can register to win - it's not restricted if you own the game or not. In the case of the Free Play Weekend, anyone who participates will be able to enter.

Part of the agreement for winning? "By accepting a Prize, each winner agrees to Sponsor's use of his/her name, city/state/province of residence, picture, biographical information, statements, voice and likeness in any advertising and publicity Sponsor may conduct relating to the Sweepstakes in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice, "

General statement to ZoS.

"If a Free to Play weekend player wins the million, has never bought your game, and is no longer playing, not only will they have to commit libel for your advertising, but expect people to examine your sub program, already, valueless to most long time players, and drop their subs."

Edited by Darlgon on December 8, 2015 2:12PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • LostRedden
    LostRedden
    ✭✭✭
    Will PS4 receive the crown discount during that time as well? Inquiring minds gots ta know.
    Vet 16 Magicka Sorc DPS, V16 Stam Sorc DPS, V16 Stamina Templar DPS, V16 Dragonknight Tank/DPS, V1 Stamina NB DPS
    |PS4 NA AD| [Guild Leader of IMaG]

Vet 1 Magicka Sorc b]PS4 NA DC[/b

Vet 3 Stam Sorc DPS [PC AD]
  • Zapranoth
    Zapranoth
    ✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    well... last time i downloaded ESO it took me more 10 days on a 20Mbps line fully working with no limitations at my end or my ISP. so... i'll not invite my friends to start downloading on thursday to play on the weekend, it's useless :') ...unless you are favoring free player over paying players as you did with the contest that i can't join.

Your friends can begin downloading now in preparation for the Thursday free play :)

Zap
  • BGruchallab14_ESO
    BGruchallab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sooo, when will the Crown points be on sale again??

Only on the 13th or 14th for PC/Mac players??
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should I have received keys/invites already? I am subscribed to ESO/ZOS mail and didn't get anything :(
  • Arathørn
    Arathørn
    Soul Shriven
    So why can't ps4 be in the mix
  • Gipo
    Gipo
    ✭✭
    Should I have received keys/invites already? I am subscribed to ESO/ZOS mail and didn't get anything :(

Same, I didn't get any free weekend mail. I'm currently a ESO player.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you get a promotional email about the $1,000,000 giveaway? For me, the code was at the bottom of that.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When newcomers enter Cyrodiil, the lags will actually discourage them to buy the game... Not to mention the impact which these new players will have on performance of PvP when they decide to taste a bit of this in a tremendous amounts. The free weekends should be organised only when the state of the game is improved.
  • LostRedden
    LostRedden
    ✭✭✭
    I guess since PS4 isn't able to participate in the free play weekend we won't be getting the crown discount either. Sad day.

#feelinglikearedheadedstepchildagain
    Edited by LostRedden on December 9, 2015 2:57PM
    Vet 16 Magicka Sorc DPS, V16 Stam Sorc DPS, V16 Stamina Templar DPS, V16 Dragonknight Tank/DPS, V1 Stamina NB DPS

• k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a free week key, but no one to get it too. Does anyone NON-CURRENT player who needs one?
  • MaKTaiL
    MaKTaiL
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... any news on the PS4 free weekend?
  • jared.laitib14_ESO
    If I already have the launcher installed because I was a beta player, do I need to install from the download link..? I just opened the launcher and it starting downloading updates.. I redeemed my code. So should I just let my launcher finish downloading and then log in when the free weekend starts? Or do I need to install the install_eso.exe file..? Thanks!
  • Drakoleon
    Drakoleon
    ✭✭✭✭
    At weekends and prime times your so called "MEGA" servers can barely host the present players base! You call for more?
    Can't believe that a company like this has such a terrible management.

• Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Before you download, you'll need a Free Play Weekend code which you can find across various websites, or even from a friend that's currently playing ESO!

How does a current player find a code to give to a friend? Is there a limit (I assume so)?

If you subscribe to receive mail from ESO, we will be sending the codes tomorrow. Otherwise, please direct your friends to the sites listed in this article (if they aren't live yet, they will be soon!).

Is it still possible to get a code for a friend, if I sub to the newsletter now?
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Grabmoore wrote: »
    Before you download, you'll need a Free Play Weekend code which you can find across various websites, or even from a friend that's currently playing ESO!

How does a current player find a code to give to a friend? Is there a limit (I assume so)?

If you subscribe to receive mail from ESO, we will be sending the codes tomorrow. Otherwise, please direct your friends to the sites listed in this article (if they aren't live yet, they will be soon!).

Is it still possible to get a code for a friend, if I sub to the newsletter now?

Unfortunately not. However, your friend can likely find a code at one of the websites listed here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31867?_ga=1.9165173.1177950551.1439501900
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • LostRedden
    LostRedden
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I understand that because of Sony policy we weren't able to participate in this free play weekend, but why did we also get excluded from the crown sale too? Would you please let us know why?

• silverbluemoon
    My friend code is showing as invalid. Can I generate another for her?
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CJohnson81 wrote: »
    CJohnson81 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, that's confusing! The_Saint, MissBizz

It makes sense that it wouldn't be a required purchase because sweepstakes can't be pay to play. Like the McDonald's Monopoly game - you can just write a letter asking for game pieces if you don't feel like being tempted to eat two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions – on a sesame seed bun, with a side of delicious golden french fries while quenching your thirst with an ice cold, refreshing Coca-Cola brand soft drink.

Now I'm mad at you. McDonald's doesn't deliver.

Yeah, I'm kinda mad at myself too now.

Im gagging LOL!!!
    ****Master Healer...****
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    I keep help but to wonder about something:

Is ZOS hurting for new players? (the 1 Mill Dollars contest, now the free to play weekend) or is ZOS just being very aggressive trying to get new players? I wonder if I should be worry about the status of the game or not...

SAME!!!!!!
    ****Master Healer...****
  • Woofster
    Woofster
    Soul Shriven
    I was well pleased when we first purchased our 4 copies of the game at FULL PRICE and I have continued to pay for all our subs. So now the game is 60% off and discounted crowns, wow, that speaks a lot for how they feel about their current paying customers that are not getting the greatest service now. I hope they can bring in a lot of new customers because they will be losing some also and I really hate that. I have lost enough of my friends from the game and if any more of my friends leave I will have to join them. Good luck with your for new customers only promo guys.
  • Aeekto
    Aeekto
    Sadly ZOS failed with their free weekend since the support seems to be none existent.
    I was going to return during this free weekend after a break for severall months and bring some friends with me (7 guys from my Guild/Clan) since it´s easier to get into a game if someone experienced helps them.
    But when i logged in all my chars were gone... and the support doesn´t answer at all since days.
    And because i didn´t play, my friends didn´t play either, so ZOS just missed the chance to get some potential customers (me too, because i was going to reactivate ESO+, but now i won´t).

By the way, i´m not the only one with this problem... there are other people too at the german forum (didn´t check the others, but i bet there are people with the same problem too)

It´s realy shocking how a company can change a game to the complete opposite.... from a great support to a none existent.
    But now i know why the playerbase keeps decreasing, because ZOS doesn´t help players to get back nor do they help people that got a major propblem that prevents them from playing.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Aeekto: Did you log onto the same server you made the characters on originally? (European vs. North America?)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • WitchKing_of_Nirn
    Is this happening for ps4 ever?