The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would you like to watch a movie or TV series set in the Elder Scrolls universe?

Tyrion87
Tyrion87
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
If yes, please share your idea of a plot/story with us.
If no, please explain why.
Edited by Tyrion87 on November 20, 2015 10:58AM

Would you like to watch a movie or TV series set in the Elder Scrolls universe? 56 votes

Yes, I want a full movie to be released (a successor of LotR)
17%
TheBullSwannkyyalcinooRa'ShtarPraboooThe UninvitednordickittyhawkTyrion87Krainor1974Ysbriel 10 votes
Yes, I would like to watch a TV series (a strong and serious competition for GoT)
26%
Totalitarianwil.mrhandy.handyb14_ESOp_tsakirisb16_ESOdaehlen1eb17_ESOLoreScholarQuantumHiveForztrLettigallKrombiewickedwushuDyynamic70xerasiaRAGUNAnoOneAmericanfunguyMerkzz23 15 votes
Yes, I want both a movie and TV series (I am greedy, I know)
35%
pjwb16_ESOTito86UntrustedExistenzVorciltheroyalestpythonnub18_ESOSilentFox22RA187RajajshkaPelemaneTunjaar59Vyle_BytePrinceBoruGhrimnkibukjLarianaZeth163nobleboivinTheDreadFatherEarthwormJamShoarmabroodje86 20 votes
No, I don't want neither of them
17%
Gilvothlolo_01b16_ESOYusufladyonthemoonkwisatzDraxysnotimetocareScyantificVan_0SCrimsonwolf666 10 votes
Other
1%
Pensola 1 vote
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *either

rip decibel
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I want a full movie to be released (a successor of LotR)
    Draxys wrote: »
    *either

Yep, my mistake, sorry :-) good to know that it's understandable though since I cannot edit this ;-)
    Edited by Tyrion87 on November 20, 2015 11:44AM
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    Movies and TV series are awesome, they provide more story and background to the plot without necessarily affecting gameplay much. And they spark more interest in pre-existing games, which means more people joining the game and discussing the story and lore.

I'm not really too choosy about plots, as long as they feature a few of our favourite daedric princes (I'm thinking old Uncle Sheo, Sanguine and the likes), they're enough to get anyone hooked :wink:

I would also love to see some official Elder Scrolls books too, would definitely buy them.
    Not even daedra have two left feet!
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see an Elder Scrolls Movie/TV series, but it would have to be as good as Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings. The Tiber Wars would be the perfect story.

@Lariana
    There already are plenty of Elder Scrolls Books.
    Two of which are Novels: The Infernal City & Lord of Souls.

Edited by Ghrimn on November 20, 2015 2:50PM
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @Ghrimn :smile:

I'd heard about these long ago, but forgotten about them completely. Might seriously consider buying them. Have you read them yet? If so, any good?
    Edited by Lariana on November 20, 2015 1:56PM
    Not even daedra have two left feet!
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most adaptations be it stage, screen or tv, how do you say it, suck really hard.
    I mean, even the LoTR actually kind of sucked except for the stunning visuals. As movies they are pretty bad.
    The only modern quality fantasy ever produced is GoT so that comparison I can get on board with, but it mostly works because it is in an extremely low-magic world. CUT TO: 12 man raid spamming AoEs. Not so low magic right? Also, orcs, lizards, cat people, whatever has a tendency to translate poorly into film and even worse into tv.

I could absolutely see it being adapted at some point but the risk of it becoming another B-movie/series is extremely high.
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    I have not, but I'm also considering buying them. I'm sure they're a great, it's Elder Scrolls after all. You can read a summary here: The Infernal City & Lord of Souls.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Adaptations suck.
    2. TES is interesting because of the silent protagonist that allows you to create your own character. Creating a movie or TV series would sap the fun out of that because then the allure of creating your own character with a unique background is gone.
    3. Don't ruin my game series with adaptations.
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I would like to watch a TV series (a strong and serious competition for GoT)
    As much as I'd like to see a plot surrounding my characters :smile: , I think a good plot would be one surrounding some new event previous to ESO, around the 1st Era, maybe even the Merethic Era.

That being said, instead of a TV series, I would prefer a web-exclusive series to avoid dealing with networks and all the other hoops to jump through for television. It would allow for more freedom in production.

Maybe not a full-blown show, but a mini-series would be cool.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • wil.mrhandy.handyb14_ESO
    I chose the tv series, mainly because I feel like the series has always needed strong character building and intricate plots to give it real life. I love the games as much as anyone, but everyone knows that the characters are bland.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    I would like to watch that.
    Looking forward to the "Housewives of Daggerfall" reality spinoff.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the exception that it would have to be A+ directing and acting. Would hate to see it turned into some B movie/show and ruin it.

But man, it could be so frakin awesome!
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    No, the best show is the one you make up for yourself, in your dreams.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't suppose I would MIND a movie or TV show in the Elder Scrolls 'verse but it isn't on my wish list. The fun of the games for me is the exploration and the lore, and you lose the first entirely when it's someone else running the camera. The second tends to get watered down in movies. IMO a good movie being done is POSSIBLE, it just doesn't seem to be done often with pre-existing universes. I guess I'd just rather have another game. :p

@Lariana @Ghrimn I have read both and I found them both quite good.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • nobleboivin
    nobleboivin
    ✭✭
    I want both
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as they don't butcher it...
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Tunjaar59
    Tunjaar59
    ✭✭
    As long as it's well done. i'll be happy to see anything which takes place in this universe. (Pray for Something about argonians) ans also I want many other games ! and the nex argonian zone in TESO !
    Edited by Tunjaar59 on December 9, 2015 2:10PM
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say this as a major fan of the ES series: no way in hell...
  • Tunjaar59
    Tunjaar59
    ✭✭
    I say this as a major fan of the ES series: no way in hell...

Tsss. I play ES since Morowind, many years ago. so about series or films about it ... I'm pretty laxist about what I like. as long as it entertain me. I'm good.
    But if it's too WTF with the lore ... I'll be pretty disapointed.

Edited by Tunjaar59 on December 9, 2015 2:16PM
  • Pensola
    Pensola
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I chose other, but it is a mix of not wanting the TV show or movie to compete against epics and popular media like LotR and GoT, and wanting a comic book.

I feel like starting the thought of a movie or TV show by already expecting it to go hand-to-hand with LotR and GoT would put it at a disadvantage. People would scoff at the idea that a series could dream of competing against those giants, and would invite people to always compare them against TES. "In *GoT*, they don't have elves because that is sooo overdoone…" "Lord of the Rings had more this and that and was waaay cooler…"

Instead, I would like a limited comic book series, similar to how the two books did, preferably with more non-human main characters (or, if human, at least make it Redguard). It would not need the same effects as film or show would, it only needs a decent writer and a good artist.