Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Needing Sorcerer Healer Advice

ajaxtheboss
ajaxtheboss
✭✭
Just started healing as of Vet 3, before that I tanked non-stop.

I picked up some cheap Warlock pieces and crafted some Seducer and it's working well enough, can spam Healing Springs forever.

But as far as the other skills, when to use them, ect. I have no idea what I am doing..

Is there a certain strategy that works well for healing? Or is it more of spam this skill the whole time you're in the dungeon sort of thing.

Are there any worthwhile synergies or buffs I should have on my bar since I run a Sorc and can't throw down shards?

Also, is getting a set of Julianos worth it for healing? I have no idea if the HoTs will crit or not
Edited by ajaxtheboss on December 8, 2015 1:32AM
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I prefer to consider the healer role more as a supporter, so just spamming your heals is not what I would do.

Usefull support skills are:
    - Combat Prayer: Increases damage dealt by you and and everyone you heal with it by 8%.
    - Mystic Orc: Restores magicka based on the number of targets hit when someone uses the synergy. You also get 4% of your stamina back when you use a synergy, so this helps tanks a little bit, even if they don't need the magicka.
    - Elemental drain: Solves magicka issues for every dk and sorcerer dd.
    - Siphon spirit: Provides magicka and heals to everyone who damages the target.
    - Encase: Many dps have passives that increase their damage against immobilized targets. It also increases the spell crit of you and your allies.
    - Agressive Horn: Ultimate, boosts everyones damage a lot.
    - Pulsar: Reduces the enemies max health and therefore a good skill to start a fight

For the healing itself healing springs, rapid regeneration and healing ward will do the job. You can use empowered ward to buff your own heals and power surge if you don't want to use spell power potions.

The challenging (and fun) part about healing ist to find a good balance between those support skills, your healing skills and maybe one or two skills that allow you to do some damage aswell. I have multiple setups for my skillbar depending on my group and the content we are doing. But there is no easy rule, which skills are the best for which situation, this is something you'll only learn while playing the game and experimenting with your skillbar.

For your gear:
    Get enough magicka recovery and max health to feel comfortable with it. The rest of your gear should focus on either increasing your heals or supporting the group. Good gear options for healers are:
    - Spell power cure (drops in white gold tower)
    - Karganac's Hope (crafted)
    - Julianus (crafted)
    - Eyes of mara (crafted)
    - willpower (drops in all dungeons and can be obtained in the imperial city)
    - healers habit (only exists at v13/v14, drops in dragon star arena)

And yes, all heals can crit.
    Edited by lolo_01b16_ESO on December 8, 2015 1:46AM