Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any casual RP groups/guilds around? (EU, any alliance)

HaldaAinur
HaldaAinur
✭✭✭
See, I left most of my RP guilds due to not using them enough, which was due to not being able to find something suited to my taste, plus, being from the UK, there is also the added time issue of trying to attend in game events and such. So a casual guild or group which I could partake in on and off with no real pressure seems like it would be best suited to my current needs. For the meantime I might just go to the taverns and other common roleplay spots, and see what happens, which for the mean-time seems like a happy medium. Suggestions are more than welcome :)

Edit: I'm on the EU server.
Edited by HaldaAinur on December 4, 2015 1:36PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In DC/NA I noticed a lot RPin stormhaven, Bankorai and rivenspire taverns
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, should've mentioned I'm on the EU servers. Thanks though :)
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Bumpeth B)
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrrean wrote: »

Been in both...timezone differences made it hard to really participate in the events properly. Thanks for the offer though :)
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Boopity. Also open to plotting. I should be around in the taverns when I take a break from leveling B)
  • BashMegaMoth
    BashMegaMoth
    ✭✭
    Finally, a soul that has comitted itself against the atrocities of too-serious roleplaying. Yeah, I feel your needs. Some people seem to experience a blur between reality and roleplay, and such has made way for casual RP! Very well.

I'm the EU PC server and am the leader of a tribe, located south in Shadowfen. Hit me up sometime by whispering @BashMegaMoth or send me a mail. We'll discuss things there!

Also, bump. My preemptive apologies if I am a little late with responses. Only got my invitation code today.
    "Every insult and every slight must be repayed in kind.''
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Finally, a soul that has comitted itself against the atrocities of too-serious roleplaying. Yeah, I feel your needs. Some people seem to experience a blur between reality and roleplay, and such has made way for casual RP! Very well.

I'm the EU PC server and am the leader of a tribe, located south in Shadowfen. Hit me up sometime by whispering @BashMegaMoth or send me a mail. We'll discuss things there!

Also, bump. My preemptive apologies if I am a little late with responses. Only got my invitation code today.

Not really one for tribal RPs (at least not for the beast-mer and orcs), however I have plenty of altmer, breton and nord type characters, so if you're ever interested, feel free to message me in game @HaldaO'Ainur

Thanks for the offer though!
  • BashMegaMoth
    BashMegaMoth
    ✭✭
    I had to think twice before I realized tribal roleplay is possible with others than the beast-men and orcs, haha. There's plenty of 'savage' groups like the reachmen, and stuff. Almost made a wrong assumption there.

The thing is that I'm already pretty occupied with doing all the quests, skilling in crafts and doing other stuff, I barely have time to tend to RP other than my own tribe. It's a pity...
    "Every insult and every slight must be repayed in kind.''
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    I have this weird predicament where I want to RP with people, but my character is a rogue that's too cool for school. :/ So he ends up pulling the lone wolf card and doesn't hang out with anyone nor does he hang out in socializing areas. Or maybe I'm just the one who's busy being too cool for school to RP with people. Like, want to RP, but then don't like people enough to be around them and would rather spend time out adventuring/thieving than talking. I don't know how people be in guilds (especially vampire guilds, wuh). I haven't joined any guilds, and since I have nothing to spend my money on besides recipes I haven't even bothered with trading guilds. Give me the choice of hang out with people or go out stealing food and picking flowers, I would actually opt for the flowers every time.

Not sure if that's RP self insert at its finest, or another soul to the cause of the very problem everyone else on ESO has.

....meh.
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    I had to think twice before I realized tribal roleplay is possible with others than the beast-men and orcs, haha. There's plenty of 'savage' groups like the reachmen, and stuff. Almost made a wrong assumption there.

The thing is that I'm already pretty occupied with doing all the quests, skilling in crafts and doing other stuff, I barely have time to tend to RP other than my own tribe. It's a pity...

Eh...tribes are still meh for me. Even if its more of a human/mer thing its never appealed that much to me. Do like the idea of having a group who simply prefer to live off the land, shun cities and such. Definitely what I'm going for with my traveller type characters anyway. Nevertheless, always happy to plot :)
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Samsayia wrote: »
    I have this weird predicament where I want to RP with people, but my character is a rogue that's too cool for school. :/ So he ends up pulling the lone wolf card and doesn't hang out with anyone nor does he hang out in socializing areas. Or maybe I'm just the one who's busy being too cool for school to RP with people. Like, want to RP, but then don't like people enough to be around them and would rather spend time out adventuring/thieving than talking. I don't know how people be in guilds (especially vampire guilds, wuh). I haven't joined any guilds, and since I have nothing to spend my money on besides recipes I haven't even bothered with trading guilds. Give me the choice of hang out with people or go out stealing food and picking flowers, I would actually opt for the flowers every time.

Not sure if that's RP self insert at its finest, or another soul to the cause of the very problem everyone else on ESO has.

....meh.

Ah, it happens. I barely RP in games (tend to find forum layout to be much more practical for both detail and length), but most of the guilds I try anyway don't really stick with me. Being in the UK, the timezones are a pain too, so I just linger in a tavern if I feel like it.
  • Arshiya
    Arshiya
    ✭✭
    Somebody said vampire guild?
    I am well aware that there is no need to feed that often. I just want to. Amy.
    Otherwise I play on PC platform on EU.
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    There's a huge influx of vampire RP guilds. :/ I don't get it. Don't really want to. People gon do they own thing.
    I like the challenge of the Dolmens, and I'm just hoping that when bloodfiends pop out of a dolmen that I don't get bit cuz I don't want to have to drop what I'm doing to go figure out how not to turn because the wikia doesn't actually tell you how not to become a vampire (Something to do with the quest that happens if you get bit? Maybe? Internetz does not say.)
    From what I understand these bites are rare, so I'm not rly worried about it. v__v I'm too cool for school to get roped into the vampire fetish running about ESO right now. Imma guess that most people feel the same way since a lot of these vampire guilds aren't very active. Or at least they don't seem very active.
  • Arshiya
    Arshiya
    ✭✭
    Vampires keep to themselves so you probably don't even know that, that man or a woman in the inn you visit, stuck with their nose in a book could be a vampire. Broadcasting that you are indeed a vampire is a baaaaad thing.
    I am well aware that there is no need to feed that often. I just want to. Amy.
    Otherwise I play on PC platform on EU.
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    It's always been an obvious given that vampires should keep to themselves. But vampire guilds are always recruiting and broadcasting for recruitment :/ so I'm not sure what you mean....
    .....and I don't visits Inns if I can help it. ever. cuz people.
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Eh, vampires and werewolves have always been popular and able to draw in a large audience, regardless of the setting they're in. I just consider it to be one of the many genres of RP.
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    ^ C'est troof. I remember being fairly surprised when I found out that vampires/werewolves were a thing in Elderscrolls. But the Dawnguard DLC was good so not like I could bash em for it. But, marketing 101 fantasy life: including vamps/weres is a good way to rope in a lot of peoples undisclosed desires. Or very disclosed desires. Muse ref

And despite the broadcasting nature of the vamp/were guilds in ESO, the roleplayers do tend to be cliquey in-game which is entirely preferable. As a thief who's too cool for school it makes me laugh. Yes, do stay in your corner little vampies.

Though, to give vamps some creds, one of the best Skyrim mods I ever had let me live the thieves dream of breaking into a vampire mansion. The Volkihar mansion and sanguine caves were nothing compared to that gauntlet. If you were spotted it was almost a guarantee you were dead. Good times. good challenge.
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Bumpeth. On a side-note, I'm always open to talking in game about plots. Don't need a big group to have a good story, no?
  • Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are u EU PC?

If so you may want to contact @Clovenhoofcapers and/or @Feynn . They are the most active RP'ers I know.
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Heindrich wrote: »
    Are u EU PC?

If so you may want to contact @Clovenhoofcapers and/or @Feynn . They are the most active RP'ers I know.

Haven't heard of Cloven so I'll definitely consider that one. Thanks!
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Boop.
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    deleted---
    Edited by Samsayia on February 2, 2016 5:37PM
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Bump.
  • jarnkoldur
    jarnkoldur
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of misfortune friend, for on the NA server I am attempting to establish an RP guild. Alas, alas never shall the twain meet!

... Unless of course the adventurer's spirit claims you and you opt to join us within the NA server.
    "And when the truth finally dawns, it shall dawn in fire!"
  • OneWithTheShadows
    Blackrose Cartel is the thing, they are Lizards but non racist if you're of use.
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Oh cool! I've never been one for RPing an argonian or a khajiit but I'll definitely keep that one in mind. Sounds like fun. :)
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    You know, the day Beth adds a simple RPer profile add-on will be the day when searching for a group or guild isn't needed. I mean really just a little IC/OOC tag to let people know if you're RPing or looking for RP would do wonders. :D
  • OneWithTheShadows
    Yes that would be of use indeed, Blackrose is in EU server btw.
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. I'm thinking that if I have time it might be worth-while setting up a small guild for more 'casual' roleplayers (those who are up for RP, but don't have the time, or don't want to commit to the schedules of a larger guild, and if there are events, there would be several over several weeks, catering to different time-zones, although that would probably need captains from various locations to work properly). Or maybe just a thread for people to post their profiles, what time their generally on and when they can be found and such, although I think there's a megathread/several similar threads already. If anyone shows interest, I will probably consider it.