The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A way to leave Khenarthi's Roost

Teeg
Teeg
✭✭✭
This has bothered me since I played an AD character in the beta. When you're done with the quests at Khenarthi's Roost, you finish up near Mistral (at Cat's Eye Quay). Many of the characters you've dealt with on the various quests were there for the final battle and are lined up to congratulate you, including Jimila, the captain of the Prowler, who was part of the Shattered Shoals quest. In fact, Jimila offers to ferry you to Auridon if you just hop in the launch.

If this is bugged for you, this is where the confusion set in. You don't get the message to use 'E' to enter the boat. Not realizing that you should have gotten it, if you're like me, you try to enter the boat. The boat behind her doesn't have a gangplank to walk over, so you have to carefully jump into it, and sometimes you'll see a whole group of people doing leap after leap into the water, trying to land on the boat.

But landing on the boat doesn't solve the problem, because she doesn't ferry you to Auridon, but just offers the same conversation topics you've already gone through.

Thanks to everyone who helped me finally figure out what was going on. Here is a map that shows where you are and where you need to be to actually find the "real" way back (without using the wayshrines).

Khenarthis-Roost-return-to-Auridon.jpg
Edited by Teeg on April 14, 2014 4:07PM
Mara's Tester <3 Psijic Order <3 Sidekick Order <3 Karma Chameleon
She Who Explores >:) She Who Wanders >:) Te-ge >:) She Who Wonders (EU)
Mara's Moxie <3 The Sidekick Order <3 The Psijic Order
  • Galvi
    Galvi
    Soul Shriven
    You can also use the wayshrines to travel back to your starting city.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a little row boat next to Jimla that you activate to get to the ship to take you to Auridon (actually it takes you directly to Auridon but says row to the ship in the dialogue). It may be a little difficult to find where you need to hover your cursor but when you get it you do get the opportunity to click on it.
    Edited by Ysne58 on April 13, 2014 11:51PM
  • Dolenz
    Dolenz
    ✭✭✭
    I think the boat is it's own interactive element you don't need to be on it to click it and be transported. The boat is what transports you not the captain.
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Odd. I've finished Khenarthi's roost several times and I've never had an issue using the rowboat next to Captain Jimila at the end. I talk to her, then just walk up to the boat, look at it, and press E.
  • Teeg
    Teeg
    ✭✭✭
    There is a bug where the quest marker doesn't appear to show you where to go so you can sail back to Auridon instead of having to use a wayshrine. For the others who get that bug, this map shows where you need to go to take the boat back. :)

For me, clicking on the boat wouldn't bring up anything, and there were no other directions on how to return.
    Edited by Teeg on April 14, 2014 12:56AM
    Mara's Tester <3 Psijic Order <3 Sidekick Order <3 Karma Chameleon
    She Who Explores >:) She Who Wanders >:) Te-ge >:) She Who Wonders (EU)
    Mara's Moxie <3 The Sidekick Order <3 The Psijic Order
  • Kaluu
    Kaluu
    I'm having this bug as well. I've seen half a dozen or more leave using the boat by the captain with no issue, but it doesn't have any interactive options for me. I had to do it the hard way.
    Edited by Kaluu on April 14, 2014 4:01PM
  • Kraeius
    Kraeius
    ✭✭
    This bug is still there. Months passed and still there is no fix? God!
    RAETIA InfoHub | @Kraeius (PC - EU Megaserver)
  • kaosstar
    kaosstar
    Soul Shriven
    I can verify that this bug still exists.
  • MortenOSlash
    I am experiencing the same bug with the skiff not being usable. Could the fact that I did not leave at once but wanted to explore a bit have turned it unusable?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • MortenOSlash
    Some searching and testing seems to reveal that the tiny quest that should have given you the alternative to leave Khenarthi's Roost from Cat's Eye Quay just does not trigger if you have finished some of the main quest back on Auridon before you went to Khenarthi's Roost in the first place. That leaves us with an annoying bug when Jimila still offers the lift.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Morphine
    Morphine
    Believe it or not but bug is still here :smile:
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morphine wrote: »

It was not bugged for me when I went through it back in June. If it was for you it seems to be random, or rare.

Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CapnPhoton wrote: »
    Morphine wrote: »

It was not bugged for me when I went through it back in June. If it was for you it seems to be random, or rare.

Same here, I've been back and forth on multiple characters with no issues at all very recently.
  • MewmewGirl
    MewmewGirl
    ✭✭
    The bug most definitely exists, as I'm playing the game with my first character now and I got the bug as well.

Some of you get a "quest" after finishing the Island to let you use that little row boat to get back. Others of us never get that quest even though we've finished everything on the island and since we don't get it the small boat is not ever clickable for us to use it to travel back.

As someone else said, it has to do with having done a certain quest in Auridon ("Ensuring Security") before coming to the Roost. I had done that quest and some others because I didn't really understand that the game wanted us to land and then leave right away to Khenarthi's Roost. I thought it seemed like I should do quests there in the first town I landed at first, and because of that I am bugged and not able to travel back the way we're supposed to be able to after finishing the Roost.

I can use the boat I took to first get here to go back, but still it bugs me that the quest is bugged and won't trigger for me and makes me wonder how many other quests may be bugged for me as a result of me doing things in my own order. It sort of messes up the whole role playing and immersion feeling for me, her telling me to get on her boat to go back which I can't do because of a bug that's been in the game over a year.

This is the second quest I've seen in a few days that's bugged and has been bugged since the game came out and never fixed. Although this one here isn't a huge one since there are other ways you can get back, it still would be nice for it to be fixed up after this amount of time.
    Edited by MewmewGirl on December 7, 2015 3:10AM