Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help for a DK 1with 1h/h

warrhell
warrhell
Soul Shriven
Hello guys.
I am curently level 15 and i am enjoying this game alot.
But it seems that my build has very very low dmg...i mean it gets me alot of time to kill some normal moobs.
At my level i have like 4 or 5 free skillpoints.
I am thinking to go with second skillbuild with dual handed or 2 handed and still be tanky with 1h/s.
Do you think this is possible and still be decent?
An which one is more reliable for fast/strong/dmg?

This is my current build

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lKWxvJlnaX4
Edited by warrhell on December 5, 2015 7:17PM
  • warrhell
    warrhell
    Soul Shriven
    actually i am level 25.i missed typed
    Edited by warrhell on December 5, 2015 9:35PM
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, let's see, your abilities currently are:

Bar 1: Burning breath / Heroic Slash / Volatile Armor / Pierce Armor / Unstable flame / Ferocious leap
    Bar 2: Stone giant / Shield charge / Defensive posture / Dragon blood / <empty> / Standard of might

You're running a stamina build, with Redguard, which is definitely great with stam DK.

I notice you haven't tried out PvP yet, however, I'd suggest you go to Cyrodiil and complete the first quest (you don't need to PvP for that), as it'll unlock 2 skill lines, including one, Assault, which has a few extremely good stamina abilities: Caltrops and Vigor.

Do note that running Sword and shield on both bars is not recommended, because of how it limits your options. You may want to consider running a 2 hander on your second for Rally (morph of Momentum) later on, which is burst heal you may want, as well as Wrecking Blow / Executioner for more single target DPS, or Dual Wield, for a more AoE oriented option (steel tornado / blade cloak).

If you want to check what the skills are available to you, you can check this website.

I'd suggest you drop a few offensive abilities on your first bar, and move a few from your second bar on this one: Stone giant and Defensive posture in particular, which will make your life a lot easier by not having to swap weapons to be able to stun someone (Shield charge is also a good replacement of Stone giant, especially for a stamina build, as it burns a lot of magicka).

Note that you get experience in various skill lines depending on the skills you use, so make sure to never have an empty skill slot.

You may want to consider getting an UI addon (AUI - Advanced UI, FTC, Lua extended...) to keep track of your DoT abilities (Burning breath and Unstable flame) and know when to reapply those.

I suggest you also check Lefty Lucy's guide to animation cancelling, because Sword and shield builds are extremely reliant on it. This will also solve a small issue I noticed: you use light and heavy attacks in succession, without using abilities multiple times. Just check the vid and you'll know why, if you still don't understand, just ask and I'll give you the full text explanation.

I couldn't have a look at your attribute points, but I suggest you focus mostly on putting them into stamina, just a few into health, and none in magicka (if they're not that way that is).

I'd be interested in knowing what Mundus you use, you may be interested in Warrior, Tower or Serpent early on.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • warrhell
    warrhell
    Soul Shriven
    The mundus stone i use is The Tower.
    What quest do you talk about in Cyrodill? I think i've made all quest and i dont know about what skills to unlock there.
    And for second build maybe ill get 2handed weapon, still can't decide.